ADMINS / HORARIOS

9 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

Noooooo... You misunderstood. I'm not saying that the team has to ask players from America to be admins (as a whole continent, I know that for US people, America = USA, but I was taught that America goes from Patagonia to Northern Canada and although people tend to see North America and South America as 2 different continents, they are both "America"). And what I was saying is that for admins schedule's sake, people from any of the Americas should be considered (even prioritized) when a recruitment process is open. Of course, if there are no candidates or the ones that apply don't fit the requirements, there's nothing that the managers can do.

But they play on different timetables, no matter the servers, and they should have admins attention at their peak hours, just like the rest of us. That's all.

Well you said it yourself, it depends on the number of candidates that apply from "America" ( I'm not a idiot you know, I do know that America and south America is one, I'm not some uneducated noob).  If only 20 people from "America" apply and 2 on,y make it 3 quarters the way through requirements, then 2 could become admins.

but prioritising isn't the fair way to go at all, mostly because people will complain that they aren't being allowed to be admin because....etc etc you know the drill, perhaps the management can promote being admin more in the Americas or split recruitment for different continents at different times a year.

@megadethsteve666 I wasn't implying anything about your or anyone else's education, just stating a fact to make it clear that in regards to time schedules, a Canadian admin would be as good as an Argentinian one. No need to take it personal. Please, keep in mind that English is not my native language, I can possibly write something that sounds good in my mind but not so good to English people, but I assure you that I never mean any offense to anyone.

And about prioritizing, I believe that not only it can be done, but it should be done, if there are enough admins to cover the European time range, and not enough to cover American or Asian ones, there should be a special effort to get those areas covered too. Not exclusively, but depending on the needs, 2-1-2 (Am-Eu-As) or something like that. It's common sense, when you're running an international team, you can't put a lot of people dealing with 1/3 of the area to cover and very few to deal with the remaining 2/3. I know that the player base has been historically larger in Europe than in the other continents, but right now, the MP has gone worldwide, there are hundreds (probably thousands) of players from Asia and the Americas, every day. If you play late in the night, you can see lots of South Americans (and North, probably, but since they don't speak or write in Spanish, I can't tell), early in the morning, you see lots of Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean... And those are the hours when less admins are online. That's what this topic is about. 1500 players in the servers instead of 7000 players, doesn't mean that those 1500 players have to be helpless against trolls and other rule breakers for lack of admins.

Edited by FernandoCR
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

@megadethsteve666 I wasn't implying anything about your or anyone else's education, just stating a fact to make it clear that in regards to time schedules, a Canadian admin would be as good as an Argentinian one. No need to take it personal. Please, keep in mind that English is not my native language, I can possibly write something that sounds good in my mind but not so good to English people, but I assure you that I never mean any offense to anyone.

And about prioritizing, I believe that not only it can be done, but it should be done, if there are enough admins to cover the European time range, and not enough to cover American or Asian ones, there should be a special effort to get those areas covered too. Not exclusively, but depending on the needs, 2-1-2 (Am-Eu-As) or something like that. It's common sense, when you're running an international team, you can't put a lot of people dealing with 1/3 of the area to cover and very few to deal with the remaining 2/3. I know that the player base has been historically larger in Europe than in the other continents, but right now, the MP has gone worldwide, there are hundreds (probably thousands) of players from Asia and the Americas, every day. If you play late in the night, you can see lots of South Americans (and North, probably, but since they don't speak or write in Spanish, I can't tell), early in the morning, you see lots of Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean... And those are the hours when less admins are online. That's what this topic is about. 1500 players in the servers instead of 7000 players, doesn't mean that those 1500 players have to be helpless against trolls and other rule breakers for lack of admins.

But as I said before, it doesn't matter how much you prioritise, promote, scream, shout, ask,  whatever, if the people don't want to apply for admin status, then you won't get the admins for Asian and American time zones, and by prioritising those areas over everywhere else, people from these other areas will get annoy because they should get the same equal opportunity to apply for admin/moderator as everyone else. It's like having a VTC who will happily will employ players from around the world, but who will only take Asian and N/S American players first every time, meaning there are never any equal opportunities for others. 

The best ideal solution in my opinion is to effectively separate recruitment, so say from January till march in EUROPE recruitment, May till July is Asian, September to November is American and December is Middle East. That way EVERYONE gets an equal opportunity to apply throughout the year, which means each time there can be promotion work done to get more people interested during that timeframe, none of this prioritising one over the other bullcrap that would anger people, potentially. 

6 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

if the people don't want to apply for admin status, then you won't get the admins for Asian and American time zones, and by prioritising those areas over everywhere else, people from these other areas will get annoy because they should get the same equal opportunity to apply for admin/moderator as everyone else

Prioritizing when there are valid candidates, of course. If people don't apply, managers can do nothing about that.

Example:

The managers decide that they need 10 new members to promote new admins. They open the recruitment process. They receive 100 applications 20 of them from the Americas, 20 from the far East, 60 from Europe. The "equality" would be 2 Americans, 2 Asians, 6 Europeans. But there are already many Europeans in the team, so they decide to pick 4 Americans, 4 Asians and 2 Europeans.Or 5 Am and 5 As, or 6-4, or whatever ratio they see fit to increase the team's time coverage.

However, separating the process like you explain would work too, if they see the need for more American staff, they'd open an "Americans only" recruitment process. If no valid candidates apply, then in a few days they can change to Asian, European or whatever they see fit. Nice idea! ;)

Although... 

6 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

none of this prioritising one over the other bullcrap that would anger people, potentially. 

I think that opening an "Americans only", "Asians only" or "Europeans only" recruitment process would arise as many complaints as prioritizing in an open recruitment. People will always complain, "Discrimination"! We all know this.

I read this whole post and gotta say I thought @FernandoCR & @megadethsteve666 would have understood each other by now...... so here it is simple

Megadeath : Equal rights regardless of location when applying (Equal Opportunity) <--- 100% correct

Fernando : wants priority for applicants for "said" time zones <--- no problem apply when the recruitment is open....... now the part below gets it straight for both parties....

You can't have priority on any location/ time zone specifically and the reason for that is simple..... the process to get to IGA is strict and CANT and WONT be changed for anyone regardless of the issues......

To put it in simple terms....

You can have 50 EU applicants then you can have 250 Asian applicant's then 1000 Brazilian applicants <---- Now stay with me here

How can you say that any of the 1,300 applicants can be successful to get to IGA status ? you cant because you have to get to that first and the only way you can do is by applying... I don't agree with prioritise because then Eqaul Oppertunites comes into question......

I do however understand how frustration your in a server with 250 ppl and 20ppl are being trolls but look at it from an IGA's view you have that then another server with 3000 ppl and about 500 trolls you have to weigh up the pro's and the con's......

The only advice I would suggest is if you want an IGA for that "said" time zone apply when the time is right and if you get an opportunity grab it with both hands and make it count....

Disclaimer::::

In no way did I single anyone out or personal attack anyone just an open mind view and my own personal opinion :D 

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

On 16.3.2017 at 0:19 AM, hungria500_BR said:

Good evening, I have a suggestion and complaint at the same time!

The time in Brazil is not the same as the USA. When it's 20:00 in Brazil in Europe it's dawn!
One suggestion I have is to leave an admin at dawn, or hire another person from another country that is from a different time in Europe!
Because the server in the afternoon in Brazil is without admin online!

Hello, 

I understand your point that an Admin seems necessary on the SA Server. Of course there are trollers as well as on other servers. 

And I understand that when Europe sleeps NA/SA need Admins, too. But becoming an Admin isn't that easy. Before you're an Admin you need to be a moderator and with time and enough effort you'll maybe become an Admin. But if more Europeans are interested in that "job", it's just obvious that there'll be more European Admins than other Zones have. Means: if you want that there'll be more south american Admins, some south Americans have to work hard to become a moderator and maybe later an Admin. But no player will be chosen randomly to become one.

That'll never happen.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Regards, 

Mr. Blue Sky 

Edited by Mr. Blue Sky

Nothing to see here. Keep on scrolling 🫠

5 hours ago, lxl Semper lxl said:

I do however understand how frustration your in a server with 250 ppl and 20ppl are being trolls but look at it from an IGA's view you have that then another server with 3000 ppl and about 500 trolls you have to weigh up the pro's and the con's.

But the topic is not about servers. Most South American players use the EU#2 server (they have more lag, but it's the one with more players at any times). The topic is about the admin team not being currently balanced to attend the different time zones.

Another example. There are now 40 IGA (just an example, I don't know exactly the numbers). 2 of them are from the Americas, 2 of them from Asia/Australia, 36 from Europe.

2.00 a.m. UTC. Most Europeans will be sleeping. But it's 6.00-9.00 p.m in the Americas, peak time. It can happen that only 2 admins are online to handle all those players reports (in whichever servers). And those 2 admins are not forced to be online, so there could be no admins at all. In Europe, it's a lot more unlikely that at peak hours, none of the 36 admins would be online... I hope it's clearer now.

And of course that the managers can't just pick some Americas based players and make them IGA, all I'm saying is that when a recruitment opens, if there are similar numbers of applicants from each continent, IMO, they should try to "fill the gapes" in order to have an IGA team as balanced as possible. And even if there were more Europeans (most likely, as the European player base is probably larger), try to give more chances to American/Asian/Australian applicants, as the European peak times are already covered by the current team. It's true that you can't say that the new members would make their way to IGA, but if they are not given the chance, they are most definitely not going to make it.

Note: This is not me making a campaign to be chosen in the future, I'm from Europe and I've seen several recruitment processes in the past, never applied, not interested in becoming Moderator or IGA. ;)

Edited by FernandoCR
Correcting typos and errors

Simple solution then is to Record, Report through website its not like you cant do that..... until such time you have coverage......

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

^^^^ Unbelievable. So according to you, no admins online are needed, right? If anyone finds problems in the game, all they have to do is record and report. Amazing!

But you know, many people can't "record and report", because their computers won't allow them to without bigger issues (FPS dropping to the ground). And people blocking a road or constantly trolling you only let for 3 options: wait for an admin to see the problem and kick/ban the blocker/troll, teleport to a nearby garage or exit the game and restart in a different server. No admins online, lets you with just the 2 last options.

Now imagine your solution applied in a wider context: IGA team decides that since people can record and report, they don't need to be online watching the game and so, they can spend their time with website reports and appeals. OK? Now, imagine the C-D road at peak times... With no admins online and a big admin message saying: "If you find problems, record and report". Would you be OK with that? Well, that's what American people are complaining about. We Europeans have it easy, there are almost always several admins online when we are playing, why deny others that same right?

Anyway, this is not taking us anywhere, unless someone from the staff gives their opinions about the matter, all we can do is just speculate and hope. And no recruitment processes are opened ATM, so we have what we have and nothing can be done from our side.

interesting read so far but guys you forget something, when applying you must pass the requirements.

off course you can apply but doesn't mean you will be selected.

also with all due respect i don't think many of the Brazilians players isn't active on the forum to make a impression.

Fernando please get it into your head please its simple as 1-2-3 and for some strange reason you just cant get it..... say for example TruckersMP opens applicants for your "said" time zones what makes you think that even 1 applicant can be successful and the way your talking is that you want someone promoted to IGA in your time zone without being vetted properly which isn't gonna happen.....

I am in no way saying suck it up and deal with it all I am saying is there is rules for a reason and you cant just demand them to be overlooked nor can you discriminate any other applicants that want to apply because of location.... I'm from Scotland and there is times I'm online in the game till 6am GMT I honestly feel you need to contact the powers at be and let them know how you feel and they will respond to your query.... because no matter what anyone says here its not to your liking.....find further information below !

@FernandoCR the simple fact is this, yeah admins could be needed for different time periods, then again, there are times on EU2 where there's no admins online EU time anyway, it's just a fact of having humans be in charge of traffic regulations etc, that's why we have the report system so that if things aren't seen directly by an admin, you can make a report and provide clear cut evid nice to prove or disprove what's going on. 

Im not saying we shouldn't recruit more admins from different places, what I am saying is that you can't simply prioritise different areas to meet demand because even if you get 50 people from SA areas, by the end of it, only 5 may make it to full IGA, it's not a fast process at all and it's down to who WANTS to be an admin, not how many from x area are required.

fair and equal opportunities is what the application process is all about, it's not for demanding or ignoring, I mean, what if you get 20 EU players, 2 SA players and 10 Asian players, yet ALL 20 EU players pass with flying colours, yet the rest fail? Is that discriminating? No, that's just fairness because not everyone is cut out for the job so to speak.

also, saying admins will just not bother being online is a stupid statement, anyone who's ever listened to an admin will know that admins are VOLUNTEERS, they are not psd a nickel or dime for their services, they have real lives with real jobs and people, so sometimes admins have no choice but to be offline for periods of time, regardless of where in the world they reside. 

Also, after being someone who played ETS2MP on a definitive potato of a PC for a year, I can say that complaining about not being able to record is near bs because I was able to throw all settings to minimum and record gameplay using a friendly software and I still got 10-20fps, so it's not a case of being unable to record, it's just down to the player and what they want to do. 

OK. Forget it. If it were my call, admins could be offline all of the time. I don't need admins online as long as they check offline reports. And it's not the case, because, like I said previously, my time zone is CET (bold for @lxl Semper lxl). I have recording software running on a powerful PC, I know how to use it, I know how to report people, etc. But not everyone is like me.

If people don't apply, they don't get into the team. If they apply and don't fill the requirements, they don't get into the team. That's common knowledge, I don't know why you always go there, I never said that anyone from anywhere should be made admin without following the process, yet it seems that it's the only thing you're understanding (or guessing) from my posts. I'm OK with the recruitment processes as they are now. But some other players aren't, they feel that more admins are needed in different time zones, and I can understand why, it's just that, I'm not trying to get myself into the team or trying to get friends into the team. Please, don't come to baseless conclusions.

Thus, this is my last message in this topic, I really thought that I can write in an understandable English, but it seems clear that I can't. Sorry for any misunderstandings, sorry for making you waste your time and no hard feelings, I hope. ;)

We have 7 admins in the American time zones (UTC -1--10) 10 admins within Asia/Russian time zones (UTC 3-12) and 27 admins within European time zones (UTC 0-1)

So we don't have any gaps to fill. We are a very diverse range of admins and we are all mostly active. So there is no real need to hire specific admins for specific time zones.

• Upvote 1

@FernandoCR I get where you are coming from but at the end of the day you answered your own question there you stated "not many people know about how it all works" whos problem is that ????? they was good enough to enter site for the mod but not good enough to stick around for the knowledge..... So that opens other arguments... we only went down the requirement root because your post's suggest special treatment and action also priorities.... nothing else.....

Being honest spread the word around the community and get them more involved and show them information and maybe things will improve you never know unless you try...!

On 22/03/2017 at 10:47 PM, Trucking Australia said:

Temos 7 administradores nos fusos horários americanos (UTC -1--10) 10 admins nos fusos horários da Ásia / Rússia (UTC 3-12) e 27 admins dentro dos fusos horários europeus (UTC 0-1)

Portanto, não temos nenhuma lacuna para preencher. Nós somos uma gama muito diversificada de admins e estamos todos ativos. Portanto, não há necessidade real de contratar administradores específicos para fusos horários específicos.

Não está parecendo ... tudo isso que voce informou , não é real , 4 dias sem visualizarem ---- > http://prntscr.com/ens7ff , Isso é uma vergonha. o ETS2MP TA FALINDO ESSA QUE É A VERDADE!

4 hours ago, hungria500_BR said:

Não está parecendo ... tudo isso que voce informou , não é real , 4 dias sem visualizarem ---- > http://prntscr.com/ens7ff , Isso é uma vergonha. o ETS2MP TA FALINDO ESSA QUE É A VERDADE!

You have to be patient, you are not the only person making reports on our website and there are lots sitting there. It will generally take about a week for your reports to get dealt with at this stage.

• Upvote 1

I feel this topic has served its purpose and should be locked :) 

Even the USA is 4-5 time zones wide. There needs to be moderators online for at least parts of that. As a whole, I feel ATS is largely understaffed, and even ETS2 during American peak is understaffed as well.

On 03/23/2017 at 2:47 AM, Trucking Australia said:

We have 7 admins in the American time zones (UTC -1--10) 10 admins within Asia/Russian time zones (UTC 3-12) and 27 admins within European time zones (UTC 0-1)

So we don't have any gaps to fill. We are a very diverse range of admins and we are all mostly active. So there is no real need to hire specific admins for specific time zones.

Why do users ask for more administrators then?

Apparently they feel the need of actions to be taken.

Does the TMP team has a rough schedule for their administrators or do they come online as their time permits or as they please?

Presenting these numbers of administrators however does not solve the problem at all.

19 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Why do users ask for more administrators then?

Apparently they feel the need of actions to be taken.

Does the TMP team has a rough schedule for their administrators or do they come online as their time permits or as they please?

Presenting these numbers of administrators however does not solve the problem at all.

We do not have a "schedule" as such for the whole team, but you will find that there are some admins that will have set times when they will come into game, but because we are all just volunteers there is no set schedule for us.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Trucking Australia said:

We do not have a "schedule" as such for the whole team, but you will find that there are some admins that will have set times when they will come into game, but because we are all just volunteers there is no set schedule for us.

I could imagine a system in which administrators can book a local time interval to be on duty.

Time intervals must not be overbooked.

For example:

if an administrator booked the local time interval 8pm to 10pm, another administrator can book 6pm to 8pm or 10pm to 12pm.

The bookings need to consider the different world regions to ensure the best coverage.

If several time intervals in Europe are already covered, other administrators should book an empty slot in Asia and/ or America.

Just now, Joao Rodrigues said:

I could imagine a system in which administrators can book a local time interval to be on duty.

Time intervals must not be overbooked.

For example:

if an administrator booked the local time interval 8pm to 10pm, another administrator can book 6pm to 8pm or 10pm to 12pm.

The bookings need to consider the different world regions to ensure the best coverage.

If several time intervals in Europe are already covered, other administrators should book an empty slot in Asia and/ or America.

Like I said above, we are all volunteers so a scheduling system wouldn't work. It is also bad to only have 1 admin online at a time because we have over 2 reports per second on average coming through on EU#2 at peak times and you need at least 3 admins all dealing with the reports at once to have them under control and at a sustainable level.

• 1 year later...

Game Moderators are being hired from everywhere around the globe. We also have people living in your time zone, for example, @Nataliia or @Mike Dragon. If you have any inquiries, you can contact them as they will be available if you are online.

Done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.