Car - Idea

InsaneCallum

On 21/03/2017 at 10:59 AM, DiegoLBC1 said:

Server side: More cars increase download size. Scout was ready after 1 year of work. Already suggested and rejected.

Client side: Not increase download size, but causes problems with synchrony, game crash, etc. Already suggested and rejected

(BTW, They never accept "client-side mods")

All your arguments above are not enough, since they have warned that there will be no other cars in MP.

Dont want new cars, just a simple paint job which i know doesnt crash the game

On 21/03/2017 at 10:50 AM, megadethsteve666 said:

It doesn't matter if it's client side! As I keep saying, it's adding files to the GAME DIRECTORY that is NOT stock, meaning it can cause glitching, lag and crashes (crashes meaning game crashes, not dumb driver accidents), this is something I can gauruntee with a capital g will not be added in the config you are asking for, the best scenario is that it's added as part of the scout and so is mandatory in the download of MP, if it's textures for trucks, that's a different story because the game can deal with that, but for the scout? No. 

Also, if you don't care, why make the suggestion in the first place? 

not all car drivers are "kids" as you stereotype, in fact in my experience, I've had more troll/"kid" truck drivers than car drivers, I mean, it was 100x worse before the scout was ever added! 

Also, how does having skins for the scout link with having more trouble with cars? 

I just couldnt care if it gets blocked, dont see why i should, gets rejected oh well, dont matter

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately, the developer of the cars left the TruckersMP Team and is not staff anymore, hence why adding new cars is not going to happen as it would require too much work. Even though it could indeed be beneficial and add more realism to the game, the amount of work is just too high and would eventually outweigh the benefits, making it not really necessary at all. Additionally, there have been previous suggestions on new car models, cars in general and similar.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.