Car - Idea

InsaneCallum

Suggestion Name: Car texture mod

Suggestion Description: Ik you think this is just another car mod for mp but maybe if we could edit the skoda model in a certain range to be the same size but we see it different to other people who have custom model textures on client side but obviously same hitbox. I don't know if thats possible but i justs an idea, probably get rejected

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

It be cool to see custom cars skins that dont effect hitboxes so we can personalise it to ourself

31 minutes ago, ilhanmermer said:

There is a same topic. It's a TRUCK game, not Car Simulator. If you wanna drive a car, you should play City Car Simulator.

Thats your opinion, if you dont like that, thats fine, but they added a car as people suggested, it didnt stop them. Plus there two different game with different maps and physics. And thats a completely different idea

13 minutes ago, InsaneCallum said:

Thats your opinion, if you dont like that, thats fine, but they added a car as people suggested, it didnt stop them. Plus there two different game with different maps and physics. And thats a completely different idea

I want to remember this situation, this car was added by TMP Team, not SCS ;) 

20 minutes ago, InsaneCallum said:

they added a car as people suggested

Nobody knew a car was being developed, other than the developers themselves, it was a personal project, not something that "people suggested". And it was meant to be used only by admins, only they decided to let a "neutral" model for everyone to use. Since then, there have been lots of suggestions for more car models, more car customizations, etc. All of them have been rejected and the TruckersMP team has stated several times that there will be no changes or additions to the car.

-1 from me. The car is OK the way it is right now and if there were chances for modifying it, there are more important things than its appearance (brakes, handling, physic parameters...)

The reply about "Play City Car Driving" makes sense in a way... When anyone complains about the cars, the replies are mostly "Go play in EU#1, no cars there". So when someone asks for more customizations, more cars, it's legit to answer "Go play <NFS/Asseto Corsa/The Crew/ City Car Driving/etc.>, lots of cars and customizations there".

I don't understand why we need this though, this is a truck game and a truck simulator.

It used to be called ETS2MP and now it's called TruckersMP, notice 'Truckers', from what I have seen most of the staff members will tell you that adding things to the car takes away the goal of the multiplayer mod and so i think this is why this will probably be rejected. 

4 hours ago, Sentinel_ said:

I don't understand why we need this though, this is a truck game and a truck simulator.

It used to be called ETS2MP and now it's called TruckersMP, notice 'Truckers', from what I have seen most of the staff members will tell you that adding things to the car takes away the goal of the multiplayer mod and so i think this is why this will probably be rejected. 

Meh idc still worth a shot, if they dont like the car they can remove it at any given time.

-1 for one logical reason, visibility. If the mp team either allow the player to edit their own skins in or optionally add skins from a downloadable pack, then you have the issue that some people may see the skin, some will not. 

Also, if it's. Mandatory add on, it'll increase the download size and would require extra work when updates to the game are released.

i mean, seriously, the scout was never originally designed for the public to buy, then that was changed with admin only options, so think yourself lucky that the team decided to release it to all.

14 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

-1 for one logical reason, visibility. If the mp team either allow the player to edit their own skins in or optionally add skins from a downloadable pack, then you have the issue that some people may see the skin, some will not. 

Also, if it's. Mandatory add on, it'll increase the download size and would require extra work when updates to the game are released.

i mean, seriously, the scout was never originally designed for the public to buy, then that was changed with admin only options, so think yourself lucky that the team decided to release it to all.

And? So what if they cant see it, if its a client side thing that wont be an issue

52 minutes ago, InsaneCallum said:

And? So what if they cant see it, if its a client side thing that wont be an issue

"Mods that affect the truck (and car) are also generally not accepted since they can have unexpected consequences similar to what we see with save file editing (parts in locations where SCS didn't intend causing crashes, etc.)."

More informations, here: 

Edited by DiegoLBC1
76561198274653564.png

4 hours ago, DiegoLBC1 said:

"Mods that affect the truck (and car) are also generally not accepted since they can have unexpected consequences similar to what we see with save file editing (parts in locations where SCS didn't intend causing crashes, etc.)."

More informations, here: 

I understand but since it wont be server side not increasing download size, maybe. So i will wait and see, im aware this probably get rejected

17 minutes ago, InsaneCallum said:

I understand but since it wont be server side not increasing download size, maybe. So i will wait and see, im aware this probably get rejected

Yes, but no. "Since it wont be server side, not increasing download size", but "can have unexpected consequences similar to what we see with save file editing (parts in locations where SCS didn't intend causing crashes, etc)"..

The Scout Car don't cause crashes because is disponible to all players (server side), therefore, all can see. If you have a mod (client side) and I no, when you pass close to me cause a game crash for me, because my game can't see or rendering your mod..

76561198274653564.png

14 minutes ago, DiegoLBC1 said:

Yes, but no. "Since it wont be server side, not increasing download size", but "can have unexpected consequences similar to what we see with save file editing (parts in locations where SCS didn't intend causing crashes, etc)"..

The Scout Car don't cause crashes because is disponible to all players (server side), therefore, all can see. If you have a mod (client side) and I no, when you pass close to me cause a game crash for me, because my game can't see or rendering your mod..

Well we'll see how it plays out, most likely rejected but i thought it worth a shot

9 hours ago, InsaneCallum said:

Just because it's client side, doesn't mean you won't get banned/cause major issues online, mostly because you are adding a foreign file that is obliged present on your game directory, whereas the other players online do not have that file, so the games code reads that as it being corrupted and so shuts the game down to avoid further damage, which will land you, the person with the illegal mod, with a serious punishment and told to remove that mod immediately. 

Thats is why it would require being either server side or a part of the download files so that every player who joins mp will have to have those files installed in order to play. 

• Upvote 1

Just because it's client side, doesn't mean you won't get banned/cause major issues online, mostly because you are adding a foreign file that is obliged present on your game directory, whereas the other players online do not have that file, so the games code reads that as it being corrupted and so shuts the game down to avoid further damage, which will land you, the person with the illegal mod, with a serious punishment and told to remove that mod immediately. 

Thats is why it would require being either server side or a part of the download files so that every player who joins mp will have to have those files installed in order to play. 

Well i wouldnt get banned as it would be a feature

On 03/15/2017 at 5:44 PM, InsaneCallum said:

Suggestion Name: Car texture mod

Suggestion Description: Ik you think this is just another car mod for mp but maybe if we could edit the skoda model in a certain range to be the same size but we see it different to other people who have custom model textures on client side but obviously same hitbox. I don't know if thats possible but i justs an idea, probably get rejected

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

It be cool to see custom cars skins that dont effect hitboxes so we can personalise it to ourself

I like your idea.

It would bring more variety to cars appearance to MP.

Omg, do to understand the game rules at all? Yes you would get banned because YOU are the player who is running the illegal modification that is causing other people's games to crash, it's that simple.

Do you not know what a suggestion means? Suggesting something to be added into the game, SO YOU WOULDNT BE BANNED AS IT BE A FEATURE, jesus what are you? Rockstar

7 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I like your idea.

It would bring more variety to cars appearance to MP.

Yeah idk about other people seeing it but i just mean like different skins on client side which the truckersmp team could introduce, nothing to increase a large amount of download ingame

29 minutes ago, InsaneCallum said:

Do you not know what a suggestion means? Suggesting something to be added into the game, SO YOU WOULDNT BE BANNED AS IT BE A FEATURE, jesus what are you? Rockstar

Yeah idk about other people seeing it but i just mean like different skins on client side which the truckersmp team could introduce, nothing to increase a large amount of download ingame

Not to be nasty, but do you understand english? I, and others, have already told you that, yes you will get banned anyway because if you have client side mods, whether skins or trucks, other people won't have it/use it, so loads of people will crash and basically admins will NOT add something that will cause this sort of issue and will ban those who do use it. It's that simple, client side mods cause game crashes, users with client side mods that can cause crashes will be banned, as per the rules!

On 18/03/2017 at 3:44 PM, megadethsteve666 said:

Not to be nasty, but do you understand english? I, and others, have already told you that, yes you will get banned anyway because if you have client side mods, whether skins or trucks, other people won't have it/use it, so loads of people will crash and basically admins will NOT add something that will cause this sort of issue and will ban those who do use it. It's that simple, client side mods cause game crashes, users with client side mods that can cause crashes will be banned, as per the rules!

As you still fail to understand the forum, this is a mod suggestion that they would implement, but instead u decide to take it out of context, its for the mods 2 add into the game, not to hack/mod like whatever your own about

8 hours ago, InsaneCallum said:

As you still fail to understand the forum, this is a mod suggestion that they would implement, but instead u decide to take it out of context, its for the mods 2 add into the game, not to hack/mod like whatever your own about

And I'm trying to point out to you that the admins will never add a mod like this unless it's mandatory for all players out there, which will mean the download size of mp will increase as well as there being more things that can potentially break whenever there's a game update.

alao, and this is sort of a more personal opinion, what is the point of having custom skins for the scout? How many daily driver, 4 door saloon cars do you see on the road with custom paint jobs? Answer very very very very. Few, pretty much none, not unless you're at a race track and see cstom jobs like that. Also, as per your suggestion, what you're asking for is to have the tools opened to create custom skins, much like custom company skins for trucks, which, to this day, are only ever really seen by those who have the "mod" file installed, same applies to custom car skins, unless thy are made public and mandatory for ALL players to have installed, there's not really any point of running the risk of causing a glitch out for other players and facing a ban as per the rules, because custom skins are still classed as 3rd party mods/unauthoeised/unchecked mods that can be harmful to others, it's that simple really. 

6 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

And I'm trying to point out to you that the admins will never add a mod like this unless it's mandatory for all players out there, which will mean the download size of mp will increase as well as there being more things that can potentially break whenever there's a game update.

alao, and this is sort of a more personal opinion, what is the point of having custom skins for the scout? How many daily driver, 4 door saloon cars do you see on the road with custom paint jobs? Answer very very very very. Few, pretty much none, not unless you're at a race track and see cstom jobs like that. Also, as per your suggestion, what you're asking for is to have the tools opened to create custom skins, much like custom company skins for trucks, which, to this day, are only ever really seen by those who have the "mod" file installed, same applies to custom car skins, unless thy are made public and mandatory for ALL players to have installed, there's not really any point of running the risk of causing a glitch out for other players and facing a ban as per the rules, because custom skins are still classed as 3rd party mods/unauthoeised/unchecked mods that can be harmful to others, it's that simple really. 

Client side - No increase in download, only you see it if thats possible.

And yea, i understand your point but im not adding illegal mods i wait and see if this gets rejected and see if they implement a way. If not, obv it be a ban

I dont really care if this doesnt get put in game but please look at this

Why?

More kids will be driving cars, driving recklessly like its NFS especially in high traffic areas (Example, Calais, Dusiberg).

This maybe stereotypical but mainly kids drives cars and tend to race with other cars, causing issues with "Truck Players".

Theres already enough trouble on the game, we don't want more trouble

3 hours ago, InsaneCallum said:

And yea, i understand your point but im not adding illegal mods i wait and see if this gets rejected and see if they implement a way. If not, obv it be a ban

It doesn't matter if it's client side! As I keep saying, it's adding files to the GAME DIRECTORY that is NOT stock, meaning it can cause glitching, lag and crashes (crashes meaning game crashes, not dumb driver accidents), this is something I can gauruntee with a capital g will not be added in the config you are asking for, the best scenario is that it's added as part of the scout and so is mandatory in the download of MP, if it's textures for trucks, that's a different story because the game can deal with that, but for the scout? No. 

Also, if you don't care, why make the suggestion in the first place? 

1 hour ago, ItzJChan said:

Why?

More kids will be driving cars, driving recklessly like its NFS especially in high traffic areas (Example, Calais, Dusiberg).

This maybe stereotypical but mainly kids drives cars and tend to race with other cars, causing issues with "Truck Players".

Theres already enough trouble on the game, we don't want more trouble

not all car drivers are "kids" as you stereotype, in fact in my experience, I've had more troll/"kid" truck drivers than car drivers, I mean, it was 100x worse before the scout was ever added! 

Also, how does having skins for the scout link with having more trouble with cars? 

3 hours ago, InsaneCallum said:

Server side: More cars increase download size. Scout was ready after 1 year of work. Already suggested and rejected.

Client side: Not increase download size, but causes problems with synchrony, game crash, etc. Already suggested and rejected

(BTW, They never accept "client-side mods")

All your arguments above are not enough, since they have warned that there will be no other cars in MP.

76561198274653564.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.