Suggestion Name: No Ping Kick, or a quick rejoin system that doesn't require restarting the game

Suggestion Description: A replacement to ping kicking being a ghost mode when the ping passes 400ms and/or a /connect "server name"

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: If you live in a country with slow internet where the fastest possible internet plan is 25mbps like for example parts of Australia, or you live in a country that is far away from the EU servers and you don't want to connect to Hong Kong because its empty making it not multiplayer you will be kicked for a high ping a lot and have to restart your game. My suggestion is to have a ghost mode when you have a high ping so that you don't have to restart the game. The ghost mode will start at 400ms so that it will also reach a wider range of people will not have collisions due to a high ping and people won't have their day ruined by a ping kick.

• Upvote 1

I understand your frustration about this, i've played with many Australian friends with this kind of problem. Your only option is to use the USA server which i'm not sure if that help or accept the current status. Anything that has to do with ghost mode it will just cause more problems into the roads.

On the other hand you suggested a command so it's easier to reconnect instead of restarting the game.

I vote +1 for the command or any other way to connect faster and -1 for ghosts.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

If you have a high ping, you are already ruining the game for everyone else so restarting the game is better than having a free reconnect without any effort. 

Ghost mode would cause too much confusion since your truck could still be stuttering..

High ping is not your own fault, the most expensive Internet plan where I live gives 25mbps, that is not my fault, and I'm many parts of Australia the most expensive gives you 3mbps. Not everyone lives in a country where the government builds proper infrastructure.

Edited by Shadowgaming(2)

The closest server only ever has 3 people on it and the next closest only ever has 100, EU2 is the only one with other people on it. Without other people it isn't multiplayer. 

22 hours ago, Prime said:

When experiencing connection issues you should always connect to the server closes to you. When connecting to servers half way around the world you are creating problems for both yourself and other players around you.

-1 to the ghosting idea entirely, what if you lag back in ghost mode and then unghost while inside another truck? No ping kicks are fair for all as they alert you as a player that your connection is getting bad and it stops you from becoming a danger to other users by lagging around like an enderman. 

As for reconnect commands? As long as they are only specified for connection drops and other non punishment related things, then sure, but ping kicks and kicks by admin etc will still require a game restart in my opinion because it's only fair.

How is it the users fault? In Australia the government created a company called Telstra, then in the 2000s it was privatised but because the government used to own 100% of it they had a monopoly on the pits where the cables would go, now Telstra won't lease their pits to other Tellecommunications companies there is no competition to upgrade the old cables companies and the government cut funding to the NBNco (Which Telstra was leasing their pits to) Which was providing Australia with faster internet. 

The result, slow Internet, slower than Lesotho, this is exacerbated by Australia's distance from the rest of the world. Also, EU2 is the only server with other players, without other players it isn't multiplayer. When it comes to lagging back and un-ghosting, make the ghost system detect distance from other vehicles before un-ghosting. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ghost mode defies the purpose of the game and in a way wastes spaces.  Unfortunately there is not really a solution unless it's getting better internet or moving but that is pointless :(

I used to run MP on a 1.3mb/s down internet so there is no reason why you should be experiencing issues.

Also your ping isn't generally based off of your internet speed. Whilst it makes a slight difference it doesn't change it significantly. 

If if you are getting kicked for ping you need to make sure of the following:

A) You are not streaming. Whilst this may sou d stupid and obvious, you do still need to tell people this every now and then.

B) Make sure you are using as little internet as possible around the house, so that as much of your speed is going to your computer your are playing MP on.

Basically just minimise how much internet you are using around your house so that your computer can use as much of it possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with the above comments because I have checked the bandwidth usage of the game before. If you are playing on EU2 when its on full capacity average of 25kb/s download and 5 kb/s upload is used. Of course it can peak sometimes but not to very high values. The ping issue is more related to route you follow to connect to server. Can you do a traceroute test for MP servers and post results? It would be great if you can quote my post so I can see.

On 15.03.2017 at 10:50 AM, Shadowgaming(2) said:

Öneri Adı : No Ping Kick veya oyunu yeniden başlatmayı gerektirmeyen hızlı bir yeniden katılma sistemi

Öneri Açıklaması : Ping 400ms geçtiğinde hayalet modunda ping tekmeyi yerine getiren ve / veya "sunucu adı"

Herhangi bir örnek resim : Hayır

Neden eklemelisiniz ?: Eğer mümkün olan en hızlı internet planının, örneğin Avustralya'nın bazı bölgelerinde olduğu gibi 25mbps olduğu yavaş internetli bir ülkede yaşıyorsanız veya AB sunucularından uzak bir ülkede yaşıyorsanız ve bunu yapmazsanız Boşuna çok oyunculu yapmadığınız için Hong Kong'a bağlanmak istiyorsanız, yüksek ping için tekmeleneceksiniz ve oyunu yeniden başlatmanız gerekiyor. Öneri, oyuna yeniden başlamamanız için yüksek bir ping yaptığında bir hayalet moduna sahip olmaktır. Hayalet modu 400ms'de başlayacak, böylece daha geniş bir yelpazede insanlara ulaşacak ve yüksek ping nedeniyle çarpışmalar olmayacak ve insanlar ping tekeriyle mahvetmeyecektir.

I congratulate the Japanese people who made the convoy on this road. Convoy in crowd Are not They forbidden? 

0.jpg

On 20/03/2017 at 5:58 AM, Shadowgaming(2) said:

How is it the users fault? In Australia the government created a company called Telstra, then in the 2000s it was privatised but because the government used to own 100% of it they had a monopoly on the pits where the cables would go, now Telstra won't lease their pits to other Tellecommunications companies there is no competition to upgrade the old cables companies and the government cut funding to the NBNco (Which Telstra was leasing their pits to) Which was providing Australia with faster internet. 

The result, slow Internet, slower than Lesotho, this is exacerbated by Australia's distance from the rest of the world. Also, EU2 is the only server with other players, without other players it isn't multiplayer. When it comes to lagging back and un-ghosting, make the ghost system detect distance from other vehicles before un-ghosting. 

The thing is, if your ping is reading above 200 m/s, you're vehicle to other players with lower ping than you see you move in fits and starts where you lag back etc, ghosting WILL NOT help as no matter how much code is thrown at it, you'll still have the issue of detecting your position, if your connection is poor and is transmitting at such a slow rate, how can the code calculate your distances in real time? It's almost impossible to do and would require more work than it needs. 

The be all and end all is this, if you saw a truck lagging around super bad, would you rather them be kicked for your safety or have to deal with them lagging back and forth while you follow? Plus, it's easy to expect people todo the right thing and pull over and check for the cause of their bad ping, but, most of the time, people just can't be bothered and would rather risk it just for the sake of it. 

When the connection improves enough to allow the truck or car to un-ghost then it can judge distances. That is the only time it would need to judge distances. There is no way I can improve my ping, neither can anyone else from a country with slow internet. however the advantage to having a high ping is you are really hard to ram:troll:.

On 4/21/2017 at 6:49 PM, MeteDestan said:

I agree with the above comments because I have checked the bandwidth usage of the game before. If you are playing on EU2 when its on full capacity average of 25kb/s download and 5 kb/s upload is used. Of course it can peak sometimes but not to very high values. The ping issue is more related to route you follow to connect to server. Can you do a traceroute test for MP servers and post results? It would be great if you can quote my post so I can see.

How do I do a traceroute test for MP servers?

On 24.04.2017 at 8:24 AM, Shadowgaming(2) said:

When the connection improves enough to allow the truck or car to un-ghost then it can judge distances. That is the only time it would need to judge distances. There is no way I can improve my ping, neither can anyone else from a country with slow internet. however the advantage to having a high ping is you are really hard to ram:troll:.

How do I do a traceroute test for MP servers?

Sorry for the late response, I was out of my country for few days. 

You can find the server IP's at the below webpage.

https://stats.truckersmp.com/

Heyo!

You get kicked for ping for a reason, when you are over 400ms you are lagging all over the place, its not fun for the person behind you causing them to pay money to repair when they get

instant 100%.

Sorry but, -1.

EDIT: basically a re-post from above :P

Edited by z1thy