Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Remove the need to have 4 characters in a search in-game

Suggestion Name: Remove the need to have 4 characters in a search in-game
Suggestion Description: Remove the need to have 4 characters in a search in-game

Any example images: Nope

Why should it be added?: I had a guy in a car by the name of KK, which is 2 characters under the limit for a search in the game. What happened was this guy followed me with a car onto the motorway and whacked into my side at full speed. I tried to /pinfo him but he had seemed to alt f4 his game as I f7'd to the service and he was nowhere to be seen. I then tried searching KK only to remember that the limit for characters was 4. Now, in this case, he had already exited the game which is why I couldn't search for him. If he hadn't exited the game I would have been able to search him without the character limit.

• Upvote 4

@Valroy_CL:

For a better Performance Ingame, it´s a good Choice to disable the Development Logging complete. Specially for the User that having a worse Internet Conection and/or a low-Spec PC. It reducing the Lag for the User and the Lag of this User to Others significant. So, no Log, no ID. But if there is a Video it´s always possible to get the ID, with a little research via Steam.

On 14/03/2017 at 6:34 PM, Digi7al said:

I'm not sure if the developers have a technical reason for this limit

I don't think so because I realized that I had this limit when I was making a search while not connected as IGA, but if I log myself I don't have any problem so it's technically possible.

• 3 years later...