Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Multiplayer for Mac OSX?

Simon Liekam

Question

Hello,

I am quite new to the ETS2 on my MacBook Pro and I am wondering, if there might be a way to be part of the Multiplayer-Community with OSX. I found a question for the Mac-version via Google, but the topic is already closed and the link shown in that thread does not work: 

So, could someone help me please, if there is a possibility on a Mac Book for the MP-Mod?

6 answers to this question

Linux support:
> This is relatively often suggested, it's kind of planned but won't come any time soon, this is due to the frequency of patches from SCS that makes this infeasible to maintain multiple versions of the mod.
>
OS X support:
> See Linux support

Short: There are not enough players on MacOS to maintain such a version of the MP

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

At the current time the team aren't creating a MAC compatible mod version and I'm not sure that they will in the future.

If you want to play on a mac then you would need to download oracle virtual box or some other virtualization software and run a windows operating system virtually on there.  

You should use the search box as there are lots of posts for this,

9g0n7o.jpg

Mac OS X support for Euro Truck Simulator 2 was officially announced on January 29, 2015. As far as I know, the TruckersMP Team has no plans for Mac OS X support.

"Boot Camp" is the best way to run a Windows-only PC game on your Mac. Macs don't come with Windows, but you can install Windows on your Mac via "Boot Camp" and reboot into Windows whenever you want to play these games. That's one way I'm aware of but it takes a bit of time to setup.

For more information: http://www.howtogeek.com/191615/how-to-play-windows-pc-games-on-a-mac/