Skoda drivers have a baseless bad reputation

Dudeface

People in this game talk about the Skoda drivers racing around at 7 billion km/h ramming trucks and cutting them off, but that is simply not true, some people like to drive a car according to the road rules with other people around them, and as a Skoda driver I have had many problems with trucks doing stupid things like driving slowly in the outside lane, driving at 160km/h  before tipping over and cutting me off when I overtake them. Idiots will always exist no matter what they drive, getting rid of the Skoda would just put the idiots in 750hp Volvos without trailers.

I don't think that anyone would say 100% of Scout drivers are bad, reckless or trolls. Not even car haters as myself. But what @Kravaty said is true, just yesterday, 3 lanes highway, I see a blue dot approaching, not too fast. It was a Scout and I remember thinking: "For once, a Scout driver who's not going over 200 Km/h! Nice!". I can't tell for sure, but I guess it was doing around 140 Km/h. And even then, the car was swerving all over the three lanes on every turn of the road. I know that the car is not very friendly regarding the handling, but that's where common sense should arise (sadly, common sense in this game is the least common of all senses), and if the driver is having a difficult time to drive doing 180 Km/h, slow down to a more comfortable speed.

And it's not just you, there are others that use the car responsibly, some people drive cars just as Pilot services for convoys in their VTC, but... Those are 10% (or even less) of the car drivers. The other 90% is more than enough to justify the bad reputation.

Making people do driving tests has been suggested and rejected before. The amount of staff, time and resources needed would be unbearable, and people can just drive fine while doing the test and go back to drive like lunatics once they have passed.

Well, if you ask me, it would be even better if we had an obligatory driving test for everyone playing TruckersMP, but as @FernandoCR already mentioned about a test in order to get the permission to purchase a car in game, this would just require way too many efforts from staff. Right now the in-game admins are already extremely busy and can barely keep up with the amount of incoming reports, now just think how the situation would evolve if some staff members had to test several people daily in order to get them a driving permission. That just wouldn't work unfortunately.

And yes, there is a very small amount of players that don't use the car for the purpose of trolling, but let's face the truth: The number of these players is so small, you actually can't really take them into consideration while talking about the 'common' Scout driver. Unfortunately the cars are the perfect troll machines the way they are implemented in the game right now. You can reach ridiculously high speeds in no time, and if you crash into a truck the messed up physics let you do exactly the same damage as a truck would have done. For me the cars are just completely useless in game, the price we have to pay for it by having a large amount of trolls disabusing them is just way too high in my opinion, and isn't justifying the use we get from it at all. If i was in charge, i would either remove those useless things completely from the server or would just prevent people having bans in their player history from driving them. But this is a subject of discussion for a long, long time now, and still there hasn't been any adjustments whatsoever. So i don't know which invitation for trolling we will get next into the game, maybe a feature that just allows you to kick a truck into the air, resulting in 100% truck and trailer damage with just one mouse-click?

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

• 3 weeks later...

Archived