Racing

Dudeface

7 hours ago, fidget3306 said:

You are missing the point TMP can't change the base game in any way, including the map!

I think you missed the point, if they can't modify the base game in any way why don't we have AI traffic? Why do we have no collision zones? That winter mod was great too.

There isn't really a legal issue here, SCS allows modding of the game, that's why we have a mods folder, oh and the steam workshop. So....can it be done, Yes. Will it be done...No.

• Upvote 1

Common Sense Is Very Rare Indeed

20 minutes ago, Pegesus said:

I think you missed the point, if they can't modify the base game in any way why don't we have AI traffic? Why do we have no collision zones? That winter mod was great too.

There isn't really a legal issue here, SCS allows modding of the game, that's why we have a mods folder, oh and the steam workshop. So....can it be done, Yes. Will it be done...No.

Ok, but they will not modify the map, because every player will have to have the mod installed. There is also no need, if people want to race then I suggest they buy a racing game. If they were not so busy, I would suggest that admins close off a suitable stretch of road a few times a year, and hold drag racing or hill climbing.

• Upvote 1

You can deploy any mod through the TMP launcher, same as the winter mod. A better way round it would  be to have a dedicated server with some kind of map actually designed for "racing", but as I said myself, this will probably never happen.

Common Sense Is Very Rare Indeed

^^ Check this out:

That's the only way you'll see races in TruckersMP. Sponsored by the staff, closed server, limited number of participants, etc. For any other races, like @fidget3306 already said, you can try one of many racing games in the market.

Of course, any players can agree and meet to race each others in any of the servers (it has happened in the past), but if caught by an admin or reported by other players, they risk getting a long ban time (also happened in the past).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pegesus said:

That's simple, because AI traffic is super easy to switch off with a addition of a console command, as for no collide,  it's just a singular code that is rows to specific tiles, it doesn't modify the tiles in any way, it just adds the no collide option, none of which require any substantial modification of the game map. 

Also, there is a legal issue when distributing edited versions of the game that is not authorised by the developer, effectively what happens is that the clauses in the little piece of paper we all sign off on, called the UELA, that means that any modification and public distribution of changes made to the base gameworld is subject to a criminal offence on a count of copyright/fraud. 

You have to to remember that SCS designed both games to be singleplayer on,y, no online nonesense, yet now, were trying to shoehorn a multiplayer into a singleplayer game, mods are not frowned upon if they fit the legal boundaries. 

Personally, I do not wish to race on ETS2 MP, I've got Assetto Corsa and F1 2016 ETC... but, there are some people who for some reason can't read the title of the game "Euro Truck Simulator 2" not "Racing the wrong way down a highway Simulator 2", if they have a race track. The legal issue is an easy one to solve. TruckersMP doesn't make a profit and does not reduce SCS's profits, it requires people to already have the game installed, in fact TMP helps SCS's profit margin, many people play ETS2 online exclusively, furthermore this is not a modified copy of the game but rather a mod for the game, TMP in itself is a mod so a race track would be an extra feature. If the race track is illegal so is the entirety of TMP. SCS would most likely be happy for a race track to be added in because it would be another reason for people who misread the title of the game to buy it.

We are not allowing individual racing in ETS2. It can happen that we as TruckersMP organize an event that includes racing such as the "TruckersMP 3 Year Anniversary Race".

There is a dedicated race track in ATS. Please contact SCS through their suggestion forums to ask for a race track in ETS2. We will not be modding the map for this.

• Upvote 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.