Gaming PC

krypto_one

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Generally, the most efficient way to get a gaming PC is to build one yourself. 

It largely depends on where you are from though. 

In America, UK and a few other countries, there is a large demand for Gaming PC's, as such, certain companies bulk buy parts to get prebuilt gaming systems to sell at an equal to or lesser cost than a customer could build the same PC for. 

If you don't want to build your own PC, that would be the best route. Most countries don't have businesses that do that. 

However, building a computer is a really simple task that doesn't take much to learn, and is done heavily within the gaming community. It allows flexibility for upgrades, customisation, and aside from the instances mention above, it also is usually the more cost efficient route. There are hundreds of very good guides to building a PC online, as well as many users here including myself which will happily help you. Like mentioned above, simply state your budget, country will help too (component prices vary from country to country). 

Googling budget gaming builds is a good way to find decent setups. In this article for example they have a block about half way down which lists prices ranges and their opinion on good builds. 

http://www.pcgamer.com/pc-build-guide-budget-gaming-pc/

One important thing should you chose to build your own PC, is to know basic fundamentals of a gaming PC. There are certain parts where you should NOT go for cheaper components, and other parts where it's okay to spend less than the average. For example there are loads of "budget gaming power supplies", despite "gaming" in the name, you need to stay clear of these at all costs. Go for Bronze/80 efficiency at a minimum. Research is crucial when it comes to building a gaming PC. When you think you know just about enough, that's when to study harder. But it's all very simple, and help is very easy to get.

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

As regards custom gaming PC's. Here are the specs I use for reference:

I5-6500

8GB DDR4

Palit GTX 1060 3GB

Gigabyte H110M MotherBoard

1TB WD Blue 7200RPM 64MB Cache HDD

Corsair VS550 PSU
Corsair 100R Midi Case

For reference this can achieve fps in the range of 60-70fps in lightly populated areas of TruckersMP. In more heavily populated areas the fps will drop.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

On 11/03/2017 at 1:26 AM, Hyperspace said:

I would really like to know how people can get a gaming pc.. I have one that is a Geforce 560M but it's for my dad's work. Can anybody tell me how they got something like that?

You sound like you’re not old enough to understand the fundamentals of a computer so Il make it simple.

It’s a magical fairy box that does magical things. You can buy one by Googling gaming PC.

Some smart wizards build their own magical fairy box.

4 hours ago, Xlggy said:

You sound like you’re not old enough to understand the fundamentals of a computer so Il make it simple.

It’s a magical fairy box that does magical things. You can buy one by Googling gaming PC.

I am old enough. You just don't know it.

been here for 1 year+

creator of would you rather

owner of ats and ets2

22 hours ago, Xlggy said:

??????

Go to a retirement home and ask the majority of them what a CPU is and does. I highly doubt any of them will answer. 

Age doesn't define knowledge,, If you learn something you learn something that's how it goes regardless of your age. Environment is the key factor here. 

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

• 3 weeks later...

Archived