Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Ban should be cleared after some time

- DownloaD

Suggestion Name: Ban should vanish after some time

Suggestion Description: My first ban was  17 Aug 2016 , dont you guys think the bans should vanish after some time ? 6 months maybe ? 

Why should it be added?:We all make mistakes, if im not perma banned after a half year then i must have learned my lesson

• Upvote 1

The current system that is already there is completely sufficient enough.

If bans are over 1year old, they won't count, but they are always there as a record of your punishments. It unlikely this will change anytime soon.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Its your record, if you get to ban 6 then it's permanent. 

If your latest ban is over 12 months old it will be ignored anyway

-1, it should always been shown on your record that you have been punished for this crime x times before, only those punishments don't count towards current punishments, they are there just for reference for admins and VTC owners.

if your bans are completely removed after, say 6 months, who's to say that you won't go back and commit the same crime a month or two after the bans are removed from record? 

6 months is more than long enough indeed. If you play every day and you cause 6 crashes, one every two months which isn't that much, even for an experienced driver it can happen you will get a perma ban.

That's just crazy.

They should change the system completely. Look at what you did and give you a ban for what you did. Now you are just lucky if it is your first ban. It should not work like that. If you did something really bad causing real big trouble a ban should last longer than if you just do a minor mistake.

Also the chat bans and driving bans should both be counted different. It's not because you use bad language once because someone kept frustrating you that you're a bad driver. Something like a mute in game would help more if you ask me.

Hello, 

This has been mentioned many times and has had the same response many times. 

All bans within 1 year of the current date are known as ACTIVE bans. Therefore admins can use them to judge how long your ban time is. 

Any bans older than a year are not counted towards your active ban count.

These will remain on your profile forever. 

Regards

Djinsomnia

15 hours ago, KevinP said:

If bans are by mistake or error by the admin it's removed from your record, so the only bans that stand are legitimate rule breaks, which I think the 1 year period is sufficient for that

All legit bans are counted for a year, but are not removed after a year, which is how it should be.

12 hours ago, ikkeenniem said:

6 months is more than long enough indeed. If you play every day and you cause 6 crashes, one every two months which isn't that much, even for an experienced driver it can happen you will get a perma ban.

That's just crazy.

They should change the system completely. Look at what you did and give you a ban for what you did. Now you are just lucky if it is your first ban. It should not work like that. If you did something really bad causing real big trouble a ban should last longer than if you just do a minor mistake.

Also the chat bans and driving bans should both be counted different. It's not because you use bad language once because someone kept frustrating you that you're a bad driver. Something like a mute in game would help more if you ask me.

The current system is as you described, your first bans are dependant upon the admin and the crime committed, I mean, yeah it would be fair to say that, let's say people overtaking on the C-D road should always get the same punishment, which I agree works better, but it takes longer to look at every circumstance and decide the severity than it is to just see who's causing trouble and remove them, then decide their actual sentence afterwards. 

But yes, in ways minor incidents and major incidents should carry respective sentences. And yes, I do agree that chat violations should be handled separately to Traffic Violations, like said, getting angry and yelling at someone who's being annoying/caused an accident on purpose should be less severe than causing an accident/trolling, I mean, chat violations are not an indication of trolling or poor driving skill, just a hot headed personality under stress, if chat violations carried a chat banned, not a overall ban, that would really stop s lot of complaints people, including myself have had over the years, it's one thing to cause traffic issues, but it's totally different to loosing it at someone. 

Honestly, bans that are legit should always stay on record, regaurdless of how old they are, if they're removed after, 6 months or a year, who's to say that person isn't going to go back and cause the same thing after their record is cleared? How can admins then see what that person is like and treat them accordingly? 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.