Question to all drivers!

iAzzurity

Hello all truckers!

I've been dealing with this dilemma recently about rule-breaking people. People that break rules REALLY get on my nerves. Ex. when there's alot of traffic, they pass through middle lane or pass through the other lane to get further into the traffic. Since I'm a pilot, I hate to see this. 

I often park myself in the middle of both lanes to stop this from happening. Is this the right thing to do or should I ignore it? Leave your suggestions down below. 

(Attatched a file as an example of a trucker that passed by the side of the road. 

20170308164737_1.jpg

I would suggest to leave it cause it might be considered blocking or useless traffic but it's good that you are helping to ease the congestion and overtakers. Maybe an admin will give you a better answer.

I have to agree with Fleming, if you block anyone from overtaking, let it be a legal overtaking or an illegal overtaking maneveur, then you are breaking the rules as well.

So, don't actively block them or you might get yourself banned.

Record and report them on the reporting system on our website (truckersmp.com/reports)

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

I actually see this quite alot where users take matters into their own hands and park dead center down the split lane the issue this causes is that a truck that is heading into that general direction has to pull to the side somewhat to get around the car parked in the center of the road. This constitutes as blocking because you yourself are causing drivers that are coming to have to swerve to get around your car thats parked in the center of the road the other issue this will cause is that any truck overtaking illegally will more than likely crash into your vehicle then causing a pile up of traffic especially if that truck driver is stubborn and doesn't want to move their truck so at the end of the day you and that driver will get banned for blocking 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

@iAzzurity I would read the Game Rules before even attempting to undertake any rules of your own as you should know as a normal user you don't have the right who and what happens in the game just use the facility for your own use and forget about what other people are doing around you... Prevent any action being taking against yourself :) :ph34r:

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

I totally understand you that encountering that many trolls can be a bit frustrating, and it's really just human that we would like to punish these people by ourselves. But the thing is: Other people breaking the rules don't give you the right to break the rules as well! It's just like in real life: Taking the law into your own hands is absolutely against the rules, we got admins that deal with these perpetrators. The best thing to do is just recording and filing a report on the website once finished. This will ensure that the people disobeying the rules will get their fair punishment and you are safe as well (because you can get a ban too if you act wrong and think you should punish a troll...). I know it's always easier said than done, but it is really important that you keep cool all the time and don't get yourself in trouble just because you lost your temper a bit... ;)

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

I see this all the time too. When nits lots of traffic I would suggest that you stay between your lines (in your lane) and stay behind the guy in front of you. If someone is overtaking or doing stupid things, just leave them to it. If you pull out to try and block them, for example, an admin might punish you for blocking or careless/reckless driving.

Remember, not everyone is a good driver, nor will they. But you have to give them a chance to learn. Take me for example...

I use to be a pretty bad driver in my opinion (when i was younger). But currently I believe that I am a good driver. After practice I learned the correct things to do, and the wrong things.

Hope this helps :)

Chief Technology Officer & Developer for Freightway.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies everyone!

What i've learnt from this is that you just have to let it go. I was just frustrated seeing it happen with little to no consequences. 

I've stopped blocking traffic and will watch as others break them, at least I'm giving the good example.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah there are trolls everywhere as well. Been rammed/blocked over 5 times by the same player when no admin was around to ban him. Filed the report in-game anyway without reacting to any of his actions through chat or mic.. just simply ignored the guy and he gave up after he didn't receive the attention he was expecting, lol. Ignore them, report and they'll lose the motivation to do stuff to you.

Another case of blocking whereby an in-game admin actually helped me out by sending both me and the guy blocking me a system message and that a warning for a ban was given 3 times before action would take place. The guy quickly gave up after he realised he was getting banned soon if he continued blocking. Probably his first time encountering an admin warning and got scared hahaha. Nonetheless if there are no admins around, just move on, no need to hang on to that frustration :) happy trucking!

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

On 4/10/2017 at 2:22 AM, invasivespark said:

I would be careful what you do as it could be classed as blocking, my advice would be to get some recording software and record these offenders(if they do something wrong) then report them as it would be the safest way to do it without a risk to yourself!

Which recording software do you recommend?

27 minutes ago, SmoothPie said:

bandicam! unregistered version xd

fraps (if u have monster pc)

obs(monster pc)

but for small recordings for reporting player best is bandicam.

If you don't have a license for bandicam ,you can only recording max 10 min and thats not good.For me best program for use is OBS and Xsplit.

^ I prefer using Shadow Play by NVIDIA which is now called "GeForce Experience".
With it, you can save clips from 1 minute to 20 minutes or record your whole drive and after quitting the game, everything will be automatically saved in a previously selected storage/folder.

In addition, you can broadcast with it and it gives you the opportunity of taking screenshots while driving (i.e. w/o having to stop).

38 minutes ago, Mirko9 said:

If you don't have a license for bandicam ,you can only recording max 10 min and thats not good.For me best program for use is OBS and Xsplit.

I said for reporting, am pretty sure you won't record 10 minutes straight, filling your harddisk for one simple report.

Anywas I forgot to mention if you have nVidia grapichs card use shadowplay, its OP.

Archived