ETS 3 announced!

deejayhush

Thing is......is there an actual need for a third installment of Euro Truck Simulator?  Because they could go down the route that Promods have done, expanding the map in a very big way but of course they'd do it......country by country. :)

This is just a game name only, perhaps this, SCS development ETS, did not think so much, of course, it did not have ETS2 good, but since the ETS2 developed, the SCS brought hope, we also see, and ETS2 already has a lot of versions, we currently use the 1.26 version of the multiplayer game, so do not need ETS3, no concept

4 hours ago, Lukas4544 said:

Why you said never ?  Do you know that ? They made ETS 1 then ETS 2 why they cant make ETS 3 ?

Because it took them ages to make ETS2 and now they have made ATS instead of ETS3. Also, they have done as much in terms of base game to make a whole new game so instead (and this would make them more profit than making an ETS3) they will keep releasing DLC's for both skins and maps because it is a lot easier to not only make but to sell also.

@KevinP exactly. You buy DLC - we have money to do all the goods for you.

A lot of great stuff is coming to both ETS2 and ATS - there is no need for re-releasing the same game again - the philosophy of how scs work is constant iterative improvement and it works well for this kind of game. (which may not for story based ones)

Going on topic. What I would love to see in the game? Hmm I have huge wishlist somewhere on my HDD and it's similar to many of your whishlist - built in online and trailer ownership is the major part of it :-).

3 hours ago, Trucking Australia said:

Because it took them ages to make ETS2 and now they have made ATS instead of ETS3. Also, they have done as much in terms of base game to make a whole new game so instead (and this would make them more profit than making an ETS3) they will keep releasing DLC's for both skins and maps because it is a lot easier to not only make but to sell also.

it's true

8 hours ago, Lukas4544 said:

Why you said never ?  Do you know that ? They made ETS 1 then ETS 2 why they cant make ETS 3 ?

It's highly unlikely there will be an ETS3, it depends if SCS get a new game engine and decide to expand the map, but by all accounts, ETS2 will finish up almost all of Europe, it just depends whether SCS want to make a third rendition that will be slightly different or just rebuild ETS2 again and again, I'd say ETS3 is nothing but a dream. 

There is no need for and ETS3, SCS can and probably will continue to work on more map DLC's and improvements for ETS2. What I would really really like to see added to ETS2 would be tandems, would also like to see that buses/coach simulator DLC added, I'l also love if they added carnival/funfair trailers and made some AI cars driveable but those will never happen :(

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

4 hours ago, RootKiller said:

What I would love to see in the game?

Well, the idea with the trailer ownership sounds good, I had this idea too and it would bring some more experience for the players. Wich means not everyone can transport all the loads he wants to.

And for flatbed trailer lovers like me, a own flatbed trailer is phenomenal, also because not everyone will have a flatbed so this will be always kind of special ;) 

Another idea would be to give the players more freedom. Yeah, the comparison is really bad but if we look at Garry's Mod for example, they literally gave every freedom to the players they had, and that's why this game is still today a success. 

And that's not possible in Euro Truck Simulator 2. Unfortunately we players can not even change some "basic" things like the colour of bars or bullbars on our trucks.. 

What I'd love to see is giving us more freedom like colouring our bullbars/bars, changing and costumizing position of our route advisor or giving us the possibility to make our own paintjob.

Have you ever played a Call of Duty? You can also costumize and make your own emblem by having a category of symbols and things. I'd like to see that in ETS2 too, this would give us complete new possibilities to make with shapes, models and forms new paintjobs and I am pretty sure, if this would be added in the game, you would see in youtube hundrets of tutorials to make a special paint, like CoD emblem videos. 

That would be some great ideas, giving us more possibilities will also give us creativity :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived