Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

LED lights

fidget3306

Suggestion Name: LED lights

Suggestion Description: For admins there is the option to have blue led lights in the front grill and a single beacon on the roof of the cars. The problem with this is that the beacon is still obvious. I think that more led lights should be added. For example in the front and rear windscreens. 

Any example images: Image result for police unmarked    

Why should it be added?: If this was done so that the lights were not obvious when they were not on then admins could use this to combat trolls. They could do this because if they were to drive the car around, then trolls would not know if it is an admin or a normal player, hopefully they would be more careful then. This would also ensure players followed road rules. The beauty of this is that admins do not have to be about for this to be effective, because every time players saw a plain car then they would not know if it is an admin or not. 

I think the Police Car is recognisable enough, especially with the Red name also, and if an admin doesn't want to get recognised by players, they can use a Truck and log out of admin mode. Simple.

Most of the time, Admins are using Dev Cam from above, so players don't see the car anyway.

Overall, I don't really think this is needed.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Maybe it could be cool but it's not necessary since most trollers don't care even if there is a police car, from what i've seen it's almost as if many of them do things on purpose in front of the police cars to see what happens.

On 3/5/2017 at 4:12 PM, Sysgen said:

If an admin wants to go undercover all he needs to do is drive in a normal car or truck and sign out of admin mode. Instant undercover :)

This is possibly a valid point, but I would like to ask you if you went out of admin mode, could you still kick/ ban players as well as seeing submitted reports so you could act on them?

On 3/5/2017 at 11:03 PM, chatyo said:

But, LED Light are already avaible on the Police car so...

The point was that they are only in the grill, so they are only visible from the front. So if the car was say closing a road or lane of traffic or even carrying out a rolling road block, then players might mistake them for someone who is blocking.

On 2017-03-05 at 2:39 PM, HerrSwizz said:

I think the Red name above him should be enough to see that there is an admin.

True, you cannot miss his/her name, if he/she are spectating

I've been trolled sometimes, cus other people are using red tag text befor his real name. sometimes i think if that is an admin first, when i only see the red name/tag first.

Edited by tompa

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 05/03/2017 at 10:27 AM, fidget3306 said:

Nome da sugestão: luzes LED

Descrição da sugestão: Para os administradores, há a opção de ter luzes led azuis na grade dianteira e uma única farol no telhado dos carros. O problema com isso é que o farol ainda é óbvio. Eu acho que mais luzes led devem ser adicionadas. Por exemplo, nos pára-brisas dianteiro e traseiro. 

Qualquer exemplo de imagens: Resultado da imagem para a polícia não marcada    

Por que deveria ser adicionado ?: Se isso fosse feito para que as luzes não fossem óbvias quando não estivessem, os administradores poderiam usar isso para combater trolls. Eles poderiam fazer isso porque, se fossem dirigir o carro, os trolls não saberiam se é um administrador ou um jogador normal, espero que eles sejam mais cuidadosos então. Isso também garantiria que os jogadores seguissem as regras da estrada. A beleza disso é que os administradores não precisam ser úteis para que isso seja eficaz, porque cada vez que os jogadores viram um carro simples, eles não saberiam se é um administrador ou não. 

Helo @fidget3306 I think it's enough so 1 light what you can not do is have 6 turn flex in the truck if it is not ban

I agree @Joao Rodrigues don't get me wrong @fidget3306 your idea is cool and would be realistic to what unmarked police cars are like today, but the GMODS only use police cars to get to certain points of the map or for traffic control, most of the time they are in dev cam watching unsuspecting drivers. This is more undrcover than being in a car :)

• True Story 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.