Whats the right order for Mods (Priorities) ?

Wolfseye

As I am still somewhat new, I havent really understood the whole Mod priority thing yet. Could someone please explain that to me, how Mods must be sorted, under which theme they actually should be sorted.

I would really appreciate the info. ;)

Cheers

Wolf

I did NOT saying that my question was to put Mods into MP (preconceptions are the easiest, arent they), because I havent even posted it in the Multiplayer Section, so please, lets not make a drama out of it. Considering all that, you should have guessed my question was a more general nature, but ok. I guess i cant simply ask something here.

@ADMIN/MODS:    You are free to delete my account.

Guess I will ask questions on other Websites then.

Wolf

Depends on the mods that you are using.

Maps are a topic for themselves,

but for trucks and other stuff you should put the base mods to high priority and every extension/addon (cabin accessories compatibility for some truck mod) etc is lower than the mod that they require

(So first truck mod, then addon/extensions). Same for trailers etc.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

19 minutes ago, RayRay5 said:

Depends on the mods that you are using.

Maps are a topic for themselves,

but for trucks and other stuff you should put the base mods to high priority and every extension/addon (cabin accessories compatibility for some truck mod) etc is lower than the mod that they require

(So first truck mod, then addon/extensions). Same for trailers etc.

Thank you @RayRay5, its nice to see someone not misunderstanding something without getting hives. ;)

Ok, so I get that order. Where do map mods fall into that order ? On the bottom ?

Cheers

Wolf

I usually put maps right at the end. Map base files (materials, objects etc) first, then definition files, if separated as such. Same goes with trucks, You need the materials loaded before you can refer to them in definition files, Logically atleast.

Attention span of 5 seconds, in best cases 15 seconds if its food. Patience of a newborn. Uncooperative in teamwork, unable to hold intelligent conversation. Four-wheeler's mistake triggers roadrage for hours.

If you have "standalone" things that don't replace anything, the priority doesn't really matter. But as soon as a mod replaces parts of another mod, you need to place it higher up in the mod list. (e.g. some skins or sound mods need to have priority)

If you have a mod that consists of multiple files, the "def" file usually needs to be at the top.

The're no "wrong" or "right" though, you just need to try out what works best.

2 hours ago, Wolfseye said:

Thx @Dr_Dog I guess there is no easier way of sorting, right ? Because I noticed when you got plenty of mods

If you have more than one map mod then you have a problem, because the configuration is depending on which map mods you are using and how they are packed (seperated to def/mod/assets etc. or one single file).

The more maps you have the harder the configuration is. Usually the creators give out configurations for certain map combinations in their mod's readme file

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

You guys know good maps that work with the ProMods map ? Like in combination. I know there are some that only work for themselves and dont "like" other maps there as well. I am looking for something rather that can help expand ProMods map even more.

Wolf

All the following Maps work together

ProMods

RusMap (Russia Map, Russia Western of Moscow)

RoS (Russian Open Spaces, basicly Western Sibiria)

Southern Region (Russian Caucasia Map)

Egypt Map

PJ IndoMap

EAA Brasil Map

Tasmania Map (Island in the South of Australia)

Republic of China (RoC, Taiwan)

Mainlaind China (Addon for RoC)

Projekt Balkans

2 hours ago, RayRay5 said:

All the following Maps work together

ProMods

RusMap (Russia Map, Russia Western of Moscow)

RoS (Russian Open Spaces, basicly Western Sibiria)

Southern Region (Russian Caucasia Map)

Egypt Map

PJ IndoMap

EAA Brasil Map

Tasmania Map (Island in the South of Australia)

Republic of China (RoC, Taiwan)

Mainlaind China (Addon for RoC)

Projekt Balkans

Do you know that from personal experience or just that its known ? And in which order I would need to have these with priorities. Plus, using that many maps at the same time, is that really major impact on the game performance than just using for example ProMods only.
Cheers

Wolf

Personal experience. That is my current mod profile setup (map mod wise).

Ingame you won't have any impact on the game performance, except in two cases.

Case 1: When you load the profile, it may take some minutes, because the network caching is taking ages, even with a fast computer. (2 minutes and upwards)

Case 2: When you have a satnav and it displays you the route, the game may start lagging if the job you are taking has more than 4000 km driving distance (ferry distances excluded, but they may have an impact as well)

I will upload screenshots of my loading order later today.

I can also give you some of the download links if you wish so.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived