Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Calais to Duisburg Road To be a no collision Zone

As we all know the road  nicknamed "Death road" Calais to Duisburg is a pain in the arse to drive down as there are always people overtaking and crashing into you. I think it should be a non-collision zone, or at least at the junctions and fuel station.

• Upvote 1

Hello, regarding your idea at gasoline stations, know that this will never happen, because the developers of the game say that it is not realistic. And I tend to agree with them.

On the other hand, with regard to the zones without collision at the junctions, I think that this will never happen, because, if one remains in this logic, it's not at realistic.

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg

Is good your suggestion, but you can bring the following problems:

- Collisions when leaving the zone (No collision) [Everybody wants to go out together]
- Everyone is stationary for long time

Old ranks:              
   roles_game-moderator-leader.png.f8705625 - image.png.7837814402f73c303120645d2f3effc4.png -  roles_trial-game-moderator.png.78e7ac97d  
   roles_support.png.fc5b5f89970695aabd7092 - roles_community-moderator.png.629b933bb2
Spanish - Portugués
&------------------------------&

13 minutes ago, Lorenah7 said:

Is good your suggestion, but you can bring the following problems:

- Collisions when leaving the zone (No collision) [Everybody wants to go out together]
- Everyone is stationary for long time

14 minutes ago, Yoyo_ManSg said:

Hello, regarding your idea at gasoline stations, know that this will never happen, because the developers of the game say that it is not realistic. And I tend to agree with them.

On the other hand, with regard to the zones without collision at the junctions, I think that this will never happen, because, if one remains in this logic, it's not at realistic.

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg

Yea I see what you mean. it's just annoying when you are doing a 3k mile job on one prick gives you 100%. I do think something needs doing on there even if it's a speed cap

7 minutes ago, Krazy_Driver_ said:

it's just annoying when you are doing a 3k mile job on one prick gives you 100%. I do think something needs doing on there even if it's a speed cap

Easy: Don't use that road. I don't think there are any 3K miles jobs, unless you change the default route, so all you need to do is add one more waypoint to avoid the C-D road.

• Upvote 3

No, no and no... Some time ago we had a server completely without collisions, and it always was almost empty. It's not realistic.

10 hours ago, Krazy_Driver_ said:

Yea I see what you mean. it's just annoying when you are doing a 3k mile job on one prick gives you 100%. I do think something needs doing on there even if it's a speed cap

Name calling and using profanity doesn't make you any better than them imo.

Also -1 as the only areas that are NCZ are areas that need to be in order for people to play the game properly with so many people online.

Remember when the problem was the port of Rotterdam? They managed to take off the collision of the place... And the people quickly went looking for another place to make congestion...

That is, there will always be a place where people only pass through to create transit, 95% of people who pass in C-B do not have to pass there, is simply passing unnecessarily, or change their route in the GPS to pass through.

Then... -1

PT-BR / PT / ESP / ENG

*Recent suggestions*

Smart GPS: Click Here

A more practical report system: Click Here

I can see where Krazy_Driver is coming from. I think it's the frustration of doing a 100k plus mile journey, & driving down the so called "Death Road" only to have someone who is driving carelessly, crash into you causing large amounts of damage to your trailer, and making the whole trip a waste of time when you get to your destination, and find you had so much damage that you get no money at the end of it..belive me i have had that frustration before on a long journey after using that road.

I can also see why people wouldn't want no collision zones in open road areas as, yes, it would take away the realism of the game, and you could use alternate route to avoid this road.

It's only a small majority of players that are guilty of it, but I think Krazy's frustration is aimed at the players that have zero consideration for players that WANT to play the game properly, and want to abide by the road rules, because this does add to the realism of the game does it not? and i have been driving along quite happily within the speed limits, only to have someone over take me because they are inpatient, causing on coming traffic to have to swerve into my lane causing them to crash into me (through no fault of theirs)

I know the admins do what they can to act on player like this, and I'm sure player's that play more seriously do report player that dont play by the rules.

I guess with this road being so heavily populated, with it being one of the main roads through france, I can understand why this can become a problem hotspot, and can cause so much frustration.

But all in all, I think the best solution would be, as suggested, not use that road where possible and use alternate routes :P that what I'm going to do in future

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, marco6158 said:

It won't work, ncz are for prefabs (=service, ports and so on) and the road that goes from Duisburg to Calais is not a prefab, so this isn't possible, unless the whole server is ncz.

Thats fair enough to be honest, and I dont think a fully none collision server would be very popular if what CTAKAHb14 is true! :S

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, marco6158 said:

It won't work, ncz are for prefabs (=service, ports and so on) and the road that goes from Duisburg to Calais is not a prefab, so this isn't possible, unless the whole server is ncz.

I see, But the 2 fuel stations are the worst places down there. I will try to avoid the area from now on.

• Upvote 1

That's the way to go, simply don't drive there. Everyone knows what's going on there so it's useless to drive there and complaining about traffic and trolls. I rarely drive there, only at those times when I know there's not much traffic, otherwise I prefer to avoid those places too.

• Upvote 1

On 04/03/2017 at 1:37 AM, Krazy_Driver_ said:

There is a simple solution, if you have a run that is litterally more than a few hundred miles, open your map, set waypoints that take you around the Calais-Duisburg road, problem solved. 

I mean, if you're doing local runs, such as Calais to Duis. or any of the cities in close proximity to Duisburg, then its fine, but if you're coming from further way, there are plenty of alternate routes.

we all know that the Calais-Duisburg road can be bad at times, so if you take a long trip and go that way, then you shouldn't complain about the traffic and trolls. 

As as for making it a NCZ or the fuel stations NCZs, firstly, you'll have bigger issues of flying trucks on the end points of the NCZs because collisions enable, but also it's not realistic to have a massive stretch of road no collide, plus, traffic will still back up because people don't like the idea of driving through others. As for the fuel stations, same applies here, you'll always have collision issues on the exit, plus, because of the prefabs shape, it's difficult to get all of the station in the ncz bracket. 

All in all, if you drive the road, especially from a long way away, you shouldn't complain as you as a driver decided to take that route. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.