What about this?

Drufsen

Speaking aerodynamicly, the concept of air fenders besides the wheels and spoilers on the end of the truck, there have been identical concepts and approaches by other manufactors about 10 years ago.

Well, for the trucks concept, it is not new either, but the construction is, it's something to keep an eye on

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Well, i have to say it doesn't look as bad as most other concept trucks, but i am still not really a fan of the looks of it. But to be fair, the looks are actually the least important things of a truck, the idea for having a hybrid truck definitely sounds interesting and let's see how expensive it will be compared to a normal diesel-truck, as i guess this will be the point that will decide whether this concept will be a success or a fail...

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

As I already've seen this video before and commented, I'm still on the same opinion:  Mehh.... a truck without a Diesel engine isn't a truck anymore. I better want to hear a screaming, howling v8 than a silent electric engine. But I guess this is the way we all are heading to.

As long as it's a truck that says "Volvo" in the front of it I refuse to drive it, they're simply useless and too shitty and it's really shameful that they are Swedish cuz it sure as hell ain't "Swedish Quality"...

That's what desire is, the need for what we can't have.

The need for what's readily available is called greed.

On 04/03/2017 at 3:55 PM, Noxii said:

As long as it's a truck that says "Volvo" in the front of it I refuse to drive it, they're simply useless and too shitty and it's really shameful that they are Swedish cuz it sure as hell ain't "Swedish Quality"...

I don't know what you consider "Swedish Quality" but whatever it is it's probably bad. 

Volvo's are incredible durable, A Volvo holds the record of highest miles on the clock, over 3 million.

My gramps Volvo has over 200k on it, and I literally saw a video two days ago of a go red lining a Volvo for ages with nothing, only to go and drain all the oil and coolant, and go for a nice long redline drive. 

I know so many people with Volvo's who never have an issue, while my VW had an oil leak, most of my mates brand new fords have had to spend a total of a month in servicing within 3 years etc... Volvo's are amazing, extremely reliable. 

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

1 minute ago, Miles! said:

Volvo's are amazing, extremely reliable. 

You've never driven the new gen have you? If you had you would probably not say that anymore. Yes I can agree on that Volvo did make good trucks, but they don't anymore.

We sold our 1 year old Volvo FH540 6x4 cuz we had nothing but trouble with them and bought a couple of Scania R580 instead and haven't had any major problems with them unlike the Volvos.

2 minutes ago, Noxii said:

You've never driven the new gen have you? If you had you would probably not say that anymore. Yes I can agree on that Volvo did make good trucks, but they don't anymore.

We sold our 1 year old Volvo FH540 6x4 cuz we had nothing but trouble with them and bought a couple of Scania R580 instead and haven't had any major problems with them unlike the Volvos.

Damn, Guess Volvo lost their consistency then. 

Only ever had & driven older Volvo's.

I was thinking about buying a new S60 but haven't looked into it yet. 

I'm talking cars, you talking trucks might be a factor too. Cars for me I've never seen an issue with them. Got family with a newer Volvo that's going great so far so maybe it's a truck problem. 

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

Yeah you shouldn't mix up the trucks and cars, I love Volvo cars actually. Drove a rental Volvo V90 D5 AWD Inscription for a week and my god was it an amazing car I really wish I could afford one of them or a new XC90.

But yeah one major problem with them is also that the mechanics up here in Norway doens't even know what they're doing, you could give them the truck with 1 error code and get it out with 5 new after a week at the workshops, the company I work for doesnt really have spare trucks and we don't have time to just sit around with them we are in big need for the trucks to roll as much as possible cuz that is what makes the money roll in and we just couldn't do that with the Volvos as they broke down usually once a week, got a flat battery after less than 9 hours with the heater on at night etc. So yeah, used to be good, not anymore :P

• 4 weeks later...

Archived