ETS2 - Bad FPS, Very High Spec PC

markost

Question

Hello guys,

The issue i am having is that i am not getting over 25/30 FPS whilst playing either SP or MP. I have ran all the benchmarks and tests and one thing that i have noticed is that when my GPU Power is around 40/50% the FPS is very high over 70+ and then all of a sudden the GPU Power drops to around 20-30% and my FPS drops insanely to 25/30. Does this mean that the GPU is not getting enough power from the PSU? The game is on the SSD. In regards to the temperatures the CPU is at 50-60°C and the GPU is around 50-60°C. Nothing is overheating or reaching even high temperatures.

Here are my specs - 

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-4790K CPU (4.0GHz)
Memory (RAM): Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2x8GB)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB
Monitor: 2x BenQ RL2455HM LED 24"
Corsair VS 450 PSU
223GB Integral (SSD)
931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (SATA)

19 answers to this question

2 hours ago, _Lee_ said:

When you are in places like Duisburg or Calais (with 100+ players at peak times) you are almost guaranteed to have frame rate problems.

I'm talking in places where theres absolutely nobody, i'm getting 20-30 FPS.

2 hours ago, MrHarv98 said:

How many case fans do you have, I need complete PC information to see how much power draw it needs from the wall.

With current specs you listed it comes to 330W, But ofcourse you haven't told Case fans and CPU cooler or your GPU clock speeds.

0 Case fans, cooler master hyper 212 evo Cooler & i haven't modified GPU Clock Speeds.

1 hour ago, Sentinel_ said:

Do you have this problem in any other games besides ETS?

Run GTA V on everything max with over 60FPS, CS:GO i have around 300-400 FPS everything max. Just this game.

2 hours ago, markost said:

I'm talking in places where theres absolutely nobody, i'm getting 20-30 FPS.

0 Case fans, cooler master hyper 212 evo Cooler & i haven't modified GPU Clock Speeds.

Run GTA V on everything max with over 60FPS, CS:GO i have around 300-400 FPS everything max. Just this game.

Please re-install ETS 2 and upon opening the game make sure that you select run for DirectX 64bit.

37 minutes ago, Sentinel_ said:

Please re-install ETS 2 and upon opening the game make sure that you select run for DirectX 64bit.

Been there done that, I only don't get the issue with low FPS when i run it in openGL but when running in DX 64bit that's when the FPS is dreadful.

On 1/3/2017 at 7:44 PM, PrincessNina said:

im on pc trucker. Bitsum installed and before i had 30 after i do like u on that picture goes to 80-100. Didnt play just star the game to check

On 1/3/2017 at 7:20 PM, PrototypeGR said:

I see. Always play with all cores also try this tool, restart the PC and try to play again.

https://bitsum.com/files/parkcontrolsetup64.exe

Screenshot_3.png.fb8b8ad6a49d555522525b1a6072c83c.png

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

1 hour ago, markost said:

Been there done that, I only don't get the issue with low FPS when i run it in openGL but when running in DX 64bit that's when the FPS is dreadful.

Okay,

Please watch this video, https://youtu.be/XzWjkF38oQY?t=94

In the NVIDIA Control Panel settings, find ETS2.exe and select it, then as it shows in the video look for 'power management mode' and set it to be 'Prefer maximum performance'. (right click desktop to get to it).

Also in the ETS settings, check that your scaling isn't above 100% as this can cause performance problems too. 

Also make sure that Windows is set to 'high performance' battery policy, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU3Rei9LfMQ 

Win10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtVOZZFjmTU

Max TDP on Cooler Master 212 EVO is 180W and Minimum of 130W , adding that to previous numbers which i calculated comes to 460W (including minimum TDP required by CPU Cooler) , If you include max TDP which the cooler requires under load it comes to 510W , So i suggest get a new PSU.

Dont get me wrong ETS2 is a a game which stresses CPU more than GPU. Games like GTA V Stress GPU and CPU equally. Also RAM plays a major load in chunking the code of GTA V so your game load is equally balanced . ETS2 being an old game uses more CPU than GPU or RAM.

15 hours ago, PrototypeGR said:

Tried your suggestion, made absolutely no difference. Thanks anyway!

14 hours ago, Sentinel_ said:

Okay,

Please watch this video, https://youtu.be/XzWjkF38oQY?t=94

In the NVIDIA Control Panel settings, find ETS2.exe and select it, then as it shows in the video look for 'power management mode' and set it to be 'Prefer maximum performance'. (right click desktop to get to it).

Also in the ETS settings, check that your scaling isn't above 100% as this can cause performance problems too. 

Also make sure that Windows is set to 'high performance' battery policy, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU3Rei9LfMQ 

Win10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtVOZZFjmTU

In regards to the power management, i already had that on maximum performance.

With scaling, i'm looking at guys with an i5 and same GPU getting 70+FPS on 400% scaling. The whole point of having a 6GB graphics card is for the game to look nice :D

Battery has always been set to high performance & this is why i'm confused as i'm only having this issue on ETS2.

7 hours ago, MrHarv98 said:

Max TDP on Cooler Master 212 EVO is 180W and Minimum of 130W , adding that to previous numbers which i calculated comes to 460W (including minimum TDP required by CPU Cooler) , If you include max TDP which the cooler requires under load it comes to 510W , So i suggest get a new PSU.

Dont get me wrong ETS2 is a a game which stresses CPU more than GPU. Games like GTA V Stress GPU and CPU equally. Also RAM plays a major load in chunking the code of GTA V so your game load is equally balanced . ETS2 being an old game uses more CPU than GPU or RAM.

I think after looking at everything, it has to be the PSU as there's nothing else wrong and other games work perfectly fine.

On 03/03/2017 at 1:40 PM, MrHarv98 said:

It is the PSU because Game stresses CPU> CPU Cooler stresses the PSU for more power > You face a DIP in GPU Performance

Several days has passed and i went out and purchased the Corsair RM650x PSU and i'm still facing the exact same issues. I've also re-installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro and it hasn't solved anything. No matter what i put the settings at between High - Low it doesn't really change the FPS it just stays at around 25-30. Any other suggestions?

5 hours ago, EngineerMsty said:

Are you using any mods ?

Maybe you should try move the game hdd to ssd.

Try updating Geforce experience.

Try to reinstall the game. Maybe it will work

I hope it works for you.

I've performed a full clean install of Windows 10 Pro, Also clean install of the game on the SSD, everythings updated and still the same issue.

On 02/03/2017 at 4:10 PM, Sentinel_ said:

Do you have this problem in any other games besides ETS?

Well not really that I've noticed, but i have noticed one thing in all games it seems like the image is overlapping so when i turn left or right or look up and down like a small horizontal part of the image overlaps if you get what i mean.

12 hours ago, MrHarv98 said:

I suggest you send your PC for RMA assuming you have warranty for the "Power supply" and "GPU" Especially

Well the new PSU was purchased two days ago and it did the same thing with the old PSU so it has to be something wrong with the GPU.

7 hours ago, LordBenji said:

Would it be a good idea to check the DPC latency? http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

I've never checked the DPC latency but could that be causing issues with graphics because isn't DPC latency audio related.