Save Editing Tutorial (In-Depth) + Video

Okay, thank you.

the problem came from the fact that Steam created several backup folders...
one in "C:\Users\Dobro\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\steam_profiles(1.35.3.4s).bak" <- "yes I know we shouldn't deal with "Bak"
and the backup file does not give a good result after using the decryptor....

I finally found the right backup folder, at home it's: "D:\Steam\userdata\......................."

and now, actually, it works:)  

Thank you for everything.   :)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Oralos said:

When I use the decryptor it only half works. This is the before and after. Any ideas?

@Oralos
The parameter line "g_save_format" must be "2" and not "0". Make sure it's like that.
After changing the parameter, save the game and use the tool.

mvM4Kos.jpg (You need activate the console)

Or with the file "config.cfg":
eefcYMh.jpg (game must be closed to do it by editing the file.)

On 10/7/2019 at 9:50 AM, super37s said:

can we change the delivery location using save edit?

i try some but it didn't work  

@super37s
Yes, you can do it, isnt complicated (Maybe a bit). A few days ago I did it with my own trailer.
Now I cann't explain how, but if I have time, I'll tell you how ? Maybe you already know how, but in a few hours I tell you.
If you want, add me on discord and within a few hours (5 or 6) I answer. Recter#0014

Regards ^_^

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 2:53 AM, Oralos said:

When I use the decryptor it only half works. This is the before and after. Any ideas?

help1.PNG

help2.PNG

I also have the same issue despite changing the config to 2. Any ideas?

I wanted to make a double yacht trailer aswell. If anyone has the save files handy that would be awesome, otherwise, which Def files do I have to extract? Is it schwarzemuillar or the original game?

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, [A.T.S] I 355 I NanCheng said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=10b3084d8ae30571

我想换皮,但是更换的结果不能正常显示,非常需要帮助imageproxy.php?img=&key=10b3084d8ae30571imageproxy.php?img=&key=10b3084d8ae30571

44e4f53d9ebd883a.png

-e5c402034bbdc8b.jpg

-60d099cb890bf851.jpg

-5c0f47af2101e7c2.jpg

In order to work properly , grab a trailer from scania dealer and u need 3 things , the paintjob code , the chassi code and the body code , using those 3 u can make your own trailer working perfct with the skin of scania :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, [A.T.S] I 355 I NanCheng said:

我想换皮,但是更换的结果不能正常显示,非常需要帮助

In order to use the company paint job, you need a company trailer. The trailer you buy does not work well with company paint jobs unfortunately.

You will need to modify your owned trailer so that it only have the wheel accessories (original), the chassis, and the paint job. The chassis will need to have the data path of the job trailer. The paint job will need to be like in the picture you provided, with the Scania skin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

KkdaC1b.png

On 3/19/2020 at 2:11 AM, LordBenji said:

In order to use the company paint job, you need a company trailer. The trailer you buy does not work well with company paint jobs unfortunately.

You will need to modify your owned trailer so that it only have the wheel accessories (original), the chassis, and the paint job. The chassis will need to have the data path of the job trailer. The paint job will need to be like in the picture you provided, with the Scania skin.

Thank you very much. I got your help to solve this problem that bothered me for a long time. Thank you very much, thank you!

On 3/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, THE ROCK - PT said:

In order to work properly , grab a trailer from scania dealer and u need 3 things , the paintjob code , the chassi code and the body code , using those 3 u can make your own trailer working perfct with the skin of scania :)

Thank you very much. I got your help to solve this problem that bothered me for a long time. Thank you very much, thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 10:03 AM, ll_Bars_ll said:

How to make this cargo lower?

We can't change the position of the cargo, as the position nodes are hard coded in the game for each parts.

Something I haven't tested, but worth trying would be to use the job/company variant of the flatbed, not the owned one you buy at the trailer dealer.

EDIT: Actually I forgot there was this comment...

Edited by LordBenji

KkdaC1b.png

not sure if anyone tried this yet, but depending on the answers I might give it a go someday soon:
the in-game economy is kind of broken (especially when joining MP on a new profile) for the AI as the servers been up such a long time. This editing made me wonder whether it could be 'fixed' and getting them 'going' again by combining the api game_time call (integer currently around 14168713) with a replacement of each AI driver's job info start time with this more up to date time?

job_info: <ref> { start_time: 14168713 }

i.e. run a small script before starting the game to update the job start times, than start up the game and have the company actually working :D

hello :) i tried to contact u on discord but that doesnt matter now recently save edititng rules have changed and i want some loud horns i saw one of ur vids driving with loud horns and would also want them as loud as in that video xD. can u maybe contact me back on discord if u could help me. thnx

On 2/24/2020 at 11:45 AM, [LKW Tr.] Ace!... ❤️ :) said:

I wanted to make a double yacht trailer aswell. If anyone has the save files handy that would be awesome, otherwise, which Def files do I have to extract? Is it schwarzemuillar or the original game?

HELP ME, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM... I CHANGING THE CONFIG TO 2 AND NOTHING, JUST HALF DECRYPR :(

On 2/24/2020 at 11:45 AM, [LKW Tr.] Ace!... ❤️ :) said:

SAME PROBLEM. HELPPP

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 4:19 AM, Naza D said:

Hey!!!!

Yeah thats normal, you need inter in game y apenas aparecen los titulos de Euro truck simulator 2, te aparece para cargar el perfil, selecionas el perfil y le das a editar, cuando le das a editar le sacas la tilde a la opcion de guardar en la nube. ingresas al juego, guardas normalmente, cierras el juego y cuando vuelves a abrir el juego y tratar de hacer guardado rapido y luego tratar de hacer save edit, vas a poder 

Hi friend ! Yes but steam cloud is activated and my profile on Euro truck too ... :((((

image.png.c7992b038a1c877498b5f1c5c7114f0f.pngimage.png.a17c15ca5bb41d4c2b99f3388993e2b9.png

On 5/31/2020 at 4:34 PM, ll_Bars_ll said:

EytanL_ EytanL_ ваша папка пуста, потому что сохранить в облаке. функция steam сохранить игру в облаке

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6736-QEIG-8941&l=russian

Hey friend, in my steam profile, steam cloud is activated and on my ETS2 profile (in-game) he's activated too, i don't understand :(

Thanks