Save Editing Tutorial (In-Depth) + Video

To everybody looking for the new decryptor file, you can find it here:

New GUI Decryptor

Link dead, can't find the file. Unless you've found the file, you should probably use the original post instead. (If you have found it, send me a message so I can add the link!)

It's self-explanatory, but they didn't call this in-depth for nothing.

Also, be sure to make a backup first. I'm not responsible if you lose your save data.

Step 1:

Click the three dots next to the field that says Input File.

image.png.b8f03c020fd4bf7d9c21d35be1fa4737.png

Step 2:

Find your game.sii file, and press Open.

On 3/2/2017 at 10:50 AM, LordBenji said:

In the truck game folder (Documents->Your Truck Game), go in profiles folder (don't touch the ones that has ".bak"). At this point, I would recommend to sort the folders by modified date if you have a lot of them.
Go in the folder that has been modified the most recently. Then go in save->autosave, and you should see a file called game.sii where all the magic is going to happen.

image.png.4ffb89d95caf070edef8810a07c3d6e0.png

If you want the decrypted file to be as its own file, you can repeat Steps 1 and 2 with "Output File"...just make sure you rename it to something other than game.sii if you decide to do that.

Step 3:

Click "Start processing".

image.png.ddf6edba0fc307d39c1f530e09f98a30.png

Once it's done, you can resume with the guide from after the file has been decrypted. Happy trucking!

Edited by Ali365Dash
Never found it, also only remembered to edit this now
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

How do I save edit the owned trailers? In other words, How do I take a (example) Tanker trailer and add it to my owned trailers list? I already know how to save edit and I messed around with the save a bit, but I just want to know what line of code I need to replace in the owned trailers trailer code with the trailer I want to use.

i want to replace my owned flat bed with 3 axles with a tanker with 3 axles. I swapped the code and it gave me a 30’ pup trailer. Lol

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if this thread is so active anymore, but hey it's worth a shot.

Basically, my issue is that I want to put a roof grill from my Scania S 2016 on to my Daf XF. The thing is, I can't get it to work.

I have tried following your tips as best as I can but it just doesn't want to go my way. My savegame crashes as soon as I start it up. Anyone care to help me out?

Bear in mind that I'm not a complete beginner to save editing. I used to be quite good at in the past, but time has taken its toll on me...

Thanks in advance! (Tag @LordBenji)

I really apologize for the late reply. @Mr_Multiplayer The way I would do it in your case is to actually get the trailer in question from your freight market listing. It would also be easier to do it in single player, teleporting with commands etc. That way, when you save your game, you'll see what the code looks like. Then you can take that code and transfer it as your owned trailer. Just be careful with addresses, otherwise you'll have two trailers with the same address.

@E2XU That should be easy enough. The way I was doing it was that I get a truck specifically to borrow the parts I put on it. Let's say that I get a Scania S and put that roof grill, with the lights and horns that I want on it. The tricky bit might be to find where that truck is in your save file, especially if you have a lot of trucks... If you only have one of that model, it should be much easier though. Anyways, so when you take that part and put it in your other truck (Daf XF in your case), you'll have to remember that for it to work, you have to do it like you add a new accessory on your truck.

The first thing to do is to identify the grill you want to put on your Daf, which requires you to find the truck where you put that grill onto. Then I usually just copy the block in question and put it where I want it (vehicle addon accessory, address, all the content including the curly brackets). I usually put it after the last accessory of the truck I want to put it on (you'll see either vehicle or profit log after the last accessory). Once you've put the copy of that grill, you still need to change the address of that new copy, otherwise the game won't like that (usually changing the last digit should do it). Alright, so you have changed the address, but the game still doesn't know it belongs to your truck and will crash if you leave it like that. You'll need to copy the address, then when you go back up, there's a list of accessories for your truck. So you need to add a new line after the last accessory entry and you put the address you copied. For example if the last one is 43 in square brackets, new one will be 44 in square brackets. It must follow in order, following the same format as the other ones. Still not done (it'll crash if you leave it like that), you still need to change the number of accessories. So if it says accessories: 44, you need to add 1, since you added one accessory to your truck. That's like the counter for how many accessories is on your truck. It should always be one higher than the number in bracket of your last accessory.

KkdaC1b.png

Thanks a lot @LordBenji! My issue was that I didn't change the last digit in the address line... ;)

By the way, I happened to see a video earlier in this thread of yours. And I noticed that you weren't taking any damage when you should of had. Is that also available through editing files? 

I can't find it on my own and you seem like a professional in this field :)

On 1/5/2019 at 11:05 PM, E2XU said:

Thanks a lot @LordBenji! My issue was that I didn't change the last digit in the address line... ;)

By the way, I happened to see a video earlier in this thread of yours. And I noticed that you weren't taking any damage when you should of had. Is that also available through editing files? 

I can't find it on my own and you seem like a professional in this field :)

Glad it works out for you now. ;) 

I had to look up to see which video you were talking about. I wasn't using save editing in order to get no damage though. If you didn't notice, it was over a year ago, and it was before certain rules has changed concerning that matter. Unfortunately, it's strictly forbidden to use anything to prevent damage on your vehicle.

KkdaC1b.png

• 1 month later...

@YellowKitkat I don't think it's possible to make something invisible. But people certainly do find ingenious tricks to get what they want. I'm going to guess you've seen what Forerunner did with his MAN truck. I think that the roof grill was borrowed from another truck or maybe he used a grill that fits a different cabin configuration. Due that the grill has a specific position (which can't be changed), it might be under the roof, or even floating above it. It's one of those things you have to experiment with it... If we gather all the grills from all the trucks for all configurations, that's a lot of grills! That's probably one of the reasons Forerunner wanted to make his mod for truck customization, to make the job much more easier and unlock possibilities that could have only be done via save editing (more time consuming). I personally still prefer the old school way of doing things, even though it's more prone to human mistakes.

KkdaC1b.png

@_HJP_ The only 404 I found was from the original link of the decryptor. The backup link should be working as it's in my Google drive and came from the original link. The one with the GUI can be downloaded and doesn't give me a 404.

Without GUI: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Ak3sK4ADk4QzlpMzcyd0V1MUE

With GUI: https://github.com/ncs-sniper/SII_Decrypt/blob/bin/Program_GUI/Delphi/Release/win_x86/SII_Decrypt.exe?raw=true

I still personally use the one without the GUI, it does the job for me.

KkdaC1b.png

@sampsondog13 I've looked back, and I feel like I'd need to do a complete overhaul of my tutorial, outdated information, some things that aren't really true. Things like the Java decryptor doesn't apply anymore since it uses an outdated version of Java. Also there's absolutely no need to close the game when doing save editing, I often just manually save my game and get in the correct folder (named "1" for me since I only have one save on my profile). As for decrypting, you just need to hold your click on the "game.sii" file, and release it once you've moved it in the decryptor (drag and drop).

KkdaC1b.png

A useful guide, +1 for you. :)
I'm not sure if such guides should be created and learn how to edit save. Many of its abusers create unrepeatable modifications, which then result in game crashes and errors on the servers. Although edit save has already been limited to TruckersMP, but the artists are still trying to do unmade things. ;)

22 hours ago, LordBenji said:

@sampsondog13 I've looked back, and I feel like I'd need to do a complete overhaul of my tutorial, outdated information, some things that aren't really true. Things like the Java decryptor doesn't apply anymore since it uses an outdated version of Java. Also there's absolutely no need to close the game when doing save editing, I often just manually save my game and get in the correct folder (named "1" for me since I only have one save on my profile). As for decrypting, you just need to hold your click on the "game.sii" file, and release it once you've moved it in the decryptor (drag and drop).

How would I save edit on an owned trailer? I want a company skin on one but idk if I need a vanilla trailer straight from the company or my own trailer

Also; how do I drag and drop it into the decryptor?

Edit: I also have Steam so it makes it like 10 times harder because the game says where to lookfor my latest saves but they're never in the folder

• 3 weeks later...

Pro tip for anyone messing with any trailers in chain (double, triple...), you can edit the trailer def to disable the country limitation (cargo), and make the game think it is a single trailer (F7).

W7pJdCG.png

EDIT: Even if the chain type is set to single, the parking will take the length of the trailer in consideration. So when you align the trailer to load/unload the cargo, it should fit completely within the parking lines. Only issue might be if someone gets into a company that might be too small for the trailer to fit. I've made a short little video to quickly showcase the cargo being "delivered" outside Scandinavia.

Edited by LordBenji

KkdaC1b.png

My concern is, how legal is this? Let's say I edit a default trailer, let's say the DLC Heavy Cargo trailer that is longer than the customizeable default flatbed trailer. If I manage to save this trailer to be owned and reusable, wouldn't that violate the rules?