Save Editing Tutorial (In-Depth) + Video

1 hour ago, stvbdkd said:

I have another question what do i put for 0 weight for trailer cargo_mass: &46931033

you technically wouldnt pull like the trailer isnt there but pretty close. cargo mass is just that, the weight of the cargo itself. every truck chassis and trailer has their own preset weight. so setting cargo mass to 0 would be the equal of pulling an empty trailer.

3 hours ago, nitrodax777 said:

you technically wouldnt pull like the trailer isnt there but pretty close. cargo mass is just that, the weight of the cargo itself. every truck chassis and trailer has their own preset weight. so setting cargo mass to 0 would be the equal of pulling an empty trailer.

I have seen a mod that you could get any trailer with 0 weight too it but i can't find it on google anyway OMG.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, stvbdkd said:

I have another question what do i put for 0 weight for trailer cargo_mass: &46931033

I would not recommend going below 1 ton. Rules state: " It is permitted to save edit the weight of trailers, the weight must be above 1 tonne (1000kg). "

I already answered someone else concerning the cargo mass, you just need to remove the &11111111 and place 1000 (or higher).

10 hours ago, nitrodax777 said:

That is true. The chassis has its own weight that you cannot change. From the looks of it, the brick trailer (dynamite, explosives, bricks, etc.) is the lightest trailer (5500 kg of base weight). Then you have an extra mass which is called cargo mass.

So... If you have oversize chassis (10000 kg) with 0 cargo mass, will it be slower than brick trailer (5500 kg) with 1000 kg cargo mass? That would be nice to do some testing.

• True Story 1

KkdaC1b.png

17 hours ago, stvbdkd said:

I have seen a mod that you could get any trailer with 0 weight too it but i can't find it on google anyway OMG.

yes but as stated, this is specifically for save editing only, so mods are a no go. and as benji and i previously described, chassis weight is built into the file itself and cannot be changed via save editing at all. so the only thing that can be edited is the weight of the cargo. but what im really thinking now, is why would anyone want to pull a trailer that quite literally weighs nothing?

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to remove wheels/tires?

Case: I'm converting the 1.31 8x4 to a 6x2LWB. Using the 4x2 side skirts and 6x4 rear wheel covers I'm tolerably happy with the result, but it'd be neater without my 'spare wheels' hanging inside the skirts. I tried to simply delete the wheels from the save, but it doesn't appear to care (reverts to defaults?)

The rules say you must have wheels on your truck, so I'm assuming there's a way to.. not have wheels on your truck. Equally important, would removing the 2nd axle wheels be within the TMP rules as it's still driveable and functions normally? 

20180422234101_1_test.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Guys where i can find Java JRE 7?

Im opening the website and says that is no longer current.

I founded it while searching on google, i manage to accept it on Java SE ru7 80 but when i clicked the Windows 64 Bit, it requires to register on Oracle.

Help?

Edited by Poko Kirby
Didnt fixed.

76561198179965755.png5588428238.png

1 hour ago, Poko Kirby said:

Im opening the website and says that is no longer current.

I founded it while searching on google, i manage to accept it on Java SE ru7 80 but when i clicked the Windows 64 Bit, it requires to register on Oracle.

Help?

I've had that same issue. Tried looking for any mirrors, but I can't find any.

Is it even possible at all just to use latest java SE?

On 5/13/2018 at 7:12 AM, Poko Kirby said:

Hey guys, it seems like the Java 7 isn't available for non Oracle users. So I'll just edit my post regarding that.

For now I would recommend using the non Java based decrypter as it doesn't requires Java 7.

On 5/13/2018 at 8:17 AM, NightEagle256 said:

Is it even possible at all just to use latest java SE?

The author of the Java based decrypter will need to update his code to use Java 8, I'm not experienced enough to do it sorry. :) Sorry for any inconveniences.

KkdaC1b.png

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, enjoyingorc6742 said:

another thing you could add to this is what to do once you are done editing the save so the potential to screw something up is minimized.

Traps I typically fall in:

- forget to correct the total number of addons after editing (-1 because it starts at 0)

- forget to correctly number any new lines (after copypastaing, because I'm lazy)

- I often find that the game will not correctly load if the 'address' of newly added addons is not near what the existing addons are for the specific truck (even if they're not duplicates used elsewhere) 

- forget to alter the address both in the vehicle component list as well as the actual addon entry

- if it's still not loading correctly, make sure there isn't a ';' missing somewhere...

Lessons I've learned:

- backup the save file before you mess with it!!

- make one or two changes at a time, save the file, then load it in the game to make sure you didn't do something wrong. It can be extremely frustrating if you've changed 25 parameters and added 25 new parts in one go and suddenly the save won't load and you now have to debug 200+ lines in a sluggish text document. I've nearly shed big manly tears...

- I'm keeping a second document where I list all the changes and additions I've done to my truck. That makes it much easier to edit it back in if I for some reason used the ingame garage to make any modifications (which often kills savegame edits). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2018 at 5:04 AM, Soul Knight said:

wow,thanks,this will make our game experience much better and increase the fun of the game:wub::wub:

Thank you for your guide

Best regards:D

No problem! ^^

On 6/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, ElDiablo Le Retour said:

Hello,

how we change the color of the cabin ?

thank you

There is no way as far as I know to change color. You could use LED in the back to have some colored light (not more than one). I'm not sure if you could make a "/home" mod for that matter...

On 6/1/2018 at 1:47 PM, enjoyingorc6742 said:

another thing you could add to this is what to do once you are done editing the save so the potential to screw something up is minimized.

I could add a new part to the guide concerning frequent mess up and how to fix it. I sadly don't have the time at the moment.

On 6/9/2018 at 6:34 AM, China-XuGe said:

I can not decrypt the SII archive file is not entered into the game can not be decrypted by others can be decrypted by others. 

What? It seems like you used translator... I do not understand. Make sure your Save Format in your Config is "2", then save your game after. You should be able to decrypt your save game file (most recent modification).

KkdaC1b.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to edit my save file to change the total game time that it shows, to change it back down from 8500 days to something... realistic. Any progress I make gets undone because the save files will show the value I try to set it to but the file will then be unplayable and revert back to week 850 or whatever and show 8500 days again on the profile. Any ideas?

@pancakesquid Did it get reverted after going on multiplayer? Since the server time keeps flowing, your client profile needs to catch up with the lost time, it would be useless to revert it back.

That's why it's always recommended to have a specific profile exclusively for multiplayer.

Honestly, I haven't tried changing the game time, did you change "total_real_time" ?

KkdaC1b.png

On 7/8/2018 at 2:55 PM, LordBenji said:

@pancakesquid Did it get reverted after going on multiplayer? Since the server time keeps flowing, your client profile needs to catch up with the lost time, it would be useless to revert it back.

That's why it's always recommended to have a specific profile exclusively for multiplayer.

Honestly, I haven't tried changing the game time, did you change "total_real_time" ?

Yeah I didn't know that when I started and I had trouble with a profile I made for multiplayer only and I tried to use my singleplayer file to see if I still had issues on that one, and thus the time changed. I can't remember exactly everything I changed but there were lots that would change the view on the profile and save of how much ingame time was played/what week and day it was ingame, but when I would try to load the files they would tell me they can't be loaded and have to revert to an autosave.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2018 at 8:17 PM, pancakesquid said:

Yeah I didn't know that when I started and I had trouble with a profile I made for multiplayer only and I tried to use my singleplayer file to see if I still had issues on that one, and thus the time changed. I can't remember exactly everything I changed but there were lots that would change the view on the profile and save of how much ingame time was played/what week and day it was ingame, but when I would try to load the files they would tell me they can't be loaded and have to revert to an autosave.

That's why it's always wise to check the logs and make sure you put correct values that the game can read.

@[ARG]Luis Thank you!

• HaulieLove 1

KkdaC1b.png