Save Editing Tutorial (In-Depth) + Video

El 16/12/2017 a las 3:48 a.m., LordBenji dijo:

Para algunas personas es complicado. Para algunos otros, ellos nadan en él. 

Aquí hay un spoiler de lo que hice últimamente:

Revelar contenidos ocultos

0rUMFD7.png

I2klLkT.png

How does the v8 emblem and the lights in front change color?

@weezy97 Your code should be right and give a blue color. I have absolutely no clue why it would not show in the picture. Did you save the file before loading?

@--Black_Sky--TIME OUT The V8 emblem in the rear is a combination of two emblems: the V8 is "mg_int_light02.sii", and the Scania griffin emblem is "mg_int_light01". It will be purple, but if you put 5 of each, it will be more bright and pink. You have to follow the steps on how to add a new accessory in your truck.

KkdaC1b.png

@SylteSnadder That is done using the duplication technique. One grill has the big lights, and the second grill has the small lights.

At first, I'd put the grill with the big lights on in-game and save it. Then I do the normal process, decrypting, finding the truck, then the concerned grill accessory. If it's on top, it's a r_grill, but in front it's f_grill. Then you'll need a copy of that grill with the big lights. Here's what mind looks like (it has two horns on it though):

vehicle_addon_accessory : myscania3.r_grill_1 {
 slot_name: 6
 slot_name[0]: slot_2
 slot_name[1]: slot_3
 slot_name[2]: slot_4
 slot_name[3]: slot_5
 slot_name[4]: slot_1
 slot_name[5]: slot_6
 slot_hookup: 6
 slot_hookup[0]: "light3.addon_hookup"
 slot_hookup[1]: "light3.addon_hookup"
 slot_hookup[2]: "light3.addon_hookup"
 slot_hookup[3]: "light3.addon_hookup"
 slot_hookup[4]: "horn1.addon_hookup"
 slot_hookup[5]: "horn1.addon_hookup"
 wear: 0
 data_path: "/def/vehicle/truck/scania.r_2016/accessory/r_grill/shape5_h.sii"
}

Yours might be different, it's just to give you an idea what it looks like.

You can put the copy of that block at the end of all accessory blocks (you can scroll down until you see either vehicle or profit_log), that's what I recommend, less numbers to change in the array later. Then you need to change the address so it's different. You can either just put 1 instead of 0 at the end of it, or rename it for future reference like I did (following the address renaming guidelines). At this point, you need to change one of the two (doesn't matter which one) so instead of using big lights (light1, 2 or 3), it'll be using small lights (smalllight1, 2, 3, up to 6, you have the choice, you don't need to touch 7 to 10, which are side markers). But which one you want to use depends what you want. You may want to look in the truck browser (menu -> about -> truck browser), then get a bumper grill and look which number you want.

After you've done changing the lights, you need to declare that new block in the array of accessories. If you've put the copy of the block at the end, then you just need to go in your list/array of accessories, which should be above all the blocks. I usually do a search for the address of the last block (not the one you pasted) and it will bring you straight to it. I'd make a copy of the last one in the list and paste it underneath, before odometer, then change the address so it has the new one, and the number in the brackets. Numbers in the brackets must be in order, no same numbers, no skipping numbers. Then the first line of accessories with a number alone should be +1 from the last number in that list.

Then you can save the file, and load it in-game and cross your fingers that you haven't done something wrong.

Edited by LordBenji

KkdaC1b.png

I've got to admit this is amazing! I have tried save editing before with help of a few friends and I could only get it to work with single player. 

The possibilities to explore are huge compared to what I show in this tutorial. But there's a few things to be careful with when applying it in multiplayer.

For example, I used to mess around with negative cargo mass of my trailer, and get the trailer with lift axle and put small wheels on regular axles. Then I'd put '1' on wear of the trailer wheels, drive in the rain with trailer axle up, the trailer lowers a little bit and... acts really weird on small road bumps.

At around 11 seconds in this old video, you can see examples of the results:

KkdaC1b.png

• 2 weeks later...

now back again because im curious about save editing random colors. im already aware of how to find truck and trailer color values and change them accordingly, but there was something i was thinking about. chrome. does chrome count as a color or a texture? would it be possible to save edit chrome in place of normal colors? and if so, where would i find the value for it?

I really apologize for the late replies. I don't always check everyday in the guide sections to see if someone commented on my thread.

For unlocking all skills to max, I think you simply need to search (adr for example) and replace each corresponding lines to this:

adr: 63
 long_dist: 6
 heavy: 6
 fragile: 6
 urgent: 6
 mechanical: 6

For the paint, you can only put a valid path of sii file associated with a dds picture. There's no magic files or numbers that will make your truck looks like chrome (as far as I know). I also believe that putting "valid" paths for paint that are not meant for the truck (like trailer paint on truck) would automatically get you kicked on any TMP servers.

I have to admit, it would be cool to have an option for matte, chrome or pearl paint jobs.

KkdaC1b.png

yeah i figured as much that chrome would be a far stretch. the way i do things in MP is i just swap out the regular long 3000r reefers and long box trailers with the rocky mountain double 45 foot trailer. i like the 45 footer because with the wheel led mud flaps (which i REALLY wish were available for trucks too) gives the trailer a more owner op custom look. the trailer looks great in any custom color when used with a matching truck. i was just hoping that there would be a way to make a trailer load chrome. i wasnt sure before if it counted as a color or a texture. but at this point im fairly sure its a texture, but i was uncertain if it were possible to make a box trailer "load" the chrome texture of the fuel tanker through save editing or if the chrome texture itself was the fuel tanker.

@nitrodax777 Ahh I see what you want to do.

Only chrome parts I can see are from the wheels and the accessories that goes on them.

For trailers, the chassis comes as a whole part, the wheels that go on it (which you can't put more or less than what the chassis is made for), the cargo (optional), and the paint job if the chassis supports it. There's a trailer in ETS 2 for example that has a chrome tank with painted back. Of course, when changing the paint, it only shows it where it's designated in the back.

Sadly we have to cope with the limits of the game.

KkdaC1b.png

• 1 month later...

@LordBenji Good day! I have a few questions. My main goal is to change engines and transmission.

1.) Do I have to buy the truck that I want to copy its engines and transmission? (Volvo FH)

2.) In the game.sii, do I just copy its data path or its whole address? Do I also have to change the number of accessory address (from scania accessory address to volvo accessory address.) *(More detailed, I want to replace volvo engine and transmission to my scania. In the game.sii, there is the accessory address of scania of the engine and transmission as well as its accessory block and attributes. Do I have to change the whole address of the scania engine and paste the whole address of volvo engine?)*

I will really appreciate you helping me out, and already thankful enough on making this tut.

The addresses in the save file (for example _nameless.1.2.3.4) should stay as they are unless you want to add or remove accessories. They just mark which units belong together.

Since you only want to change accessories, you have to find the original accessory first and then change the data path value (for example /dev/vehicle/truck/man.tgx/engine/anymanengineyouwant.sii)

You don’t have to buy the whole Volvo if you just want the engine path. If you have done step 0 of this tutorial, you should be able to browse through the def files, and you can easily find out where the Volvo engine is located. And then you know also its data path...

@[TPH] Lemuel If you want to replace your Scania engine and transmission with the ones from Volvo FH, you will need to change the data path of each of them. I will show the address you need to put instead of the old ones from Scania.

Engine of old Volvo FH:

"def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16/engine/d16g750.sii"

As there is several transmissions, I will show all the paths and you can choose one.

"def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16/transmission/12_speed.sii" (12 speed)
"def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16/transmission/12_speed_over.sii" (12 speed, overdrive)
"def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16/transmission/12_speed_ret.sii" (12 speed, retarder brake)
"def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16/transmission/12_speed_ret_over.sii" (12 speed, overdrive & retarder brake)
"def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16/transmission/allison.sii" (6 speed)
"def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16/transmission/allison_retarder.sii" (6 speed, retarder brake)
"def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16/transmission/ato3512f_aso.sii" (12 speed + 2 crawler)
"def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16/transmission/ato3512f_r_aso.sii" (12 speed + 2 crawler, retarder brake)

General description of transmissions:

• The 12 speed is good for most loads.
  • The overdrive has lower ratio, so more speed but less torque (correct me if I am wrong).
  • The retarder is an extra brake, and cruise control uses retarder for braking.
  • The 6 speed is good for very light trailers or no trailer.
  • The 12 speed with crawler gears is good for very heavy cargo. Not fast, but good torque. Crawler gears is good for hills at very slow speed.

KkdaC1b.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, [SiR]YuSuf said:

@LordBenji 
is it possible to make trailer side light work with truck "hazard light" and "right" and "left" too ?

i want to edit (schwarzmüller trailer) only

The lights on the trailer are bound and cannot be changed in any way. Unless you want to create your own mod for single player, then I don't know how to do it.

5 hours ago, stvbdkd said:

How do i edit my trailer cargo_mass in ATS i get a trailer for job place save my game quit the game go to my documents ATS profile save decrypt  the game.sii open it in notepad++ search for cargo_mass i find this for my cargo &4682c334 

Well you can replace that "&4682c334" with "1000" or how much kilogram you want (1000 = 1 ton). The "&4682c334" seem to be worth 16737 kg according to hex to float converter.

I have my own tool for converting colors, but I also use this handy website: https://gregstoll.dyndns.org/~gregstoll/floattohex/

• True Story 1

KkdaC1b.png

13 hours ago, LordBenji said:

The lights on the trailer are bound and cannot be changed in any way. Unless you want to create your own mod for single player, then I don't know how to do it.

Well you can replace that "&4682c334" with "1000" or how much kilogram you want (1000 = 1 ton). The "&4682c334" seem to be worth 16737 kg according to hex to float converter.

I have my own tool for converting colors, but I also use this handy website: https://gregstoll.dyndns.org/~gregstoll/floattohex/

I have another question what do i put for 0 weight for trailer cargo_mass: &46931033

spacer.png