Save Editing Tutorial (In-Depth) + Video

@That1GuyITC I've been playing this game since 2014, and I know there's been changes with truck wheels. Long time ago, they were a whole thing, then I think they made it so you have rims and tires, but now they have separate parts like discs, hubs, nuts and hub cover.

Maybe someone can explain a bit further, but that's all I know.

KkdaC1b.png

Nice guide , Editing is always nice but takes patients to do

Edited by OfficialSinzGaming
Made changes

Happy Trucking!

Safe Journeys Fellow Drivers

~FATAL~

Was my Post Helpful, Click the "Icon" to show your feedback!

✍ Submit A Report | ⌛File An Appeal |  Obey The Law (Must Read) |  Help Desk Submit Ticket | 

✉ Submit Your Feedback | ✉ Got A Suggestion |  Forum Rules | ⚖ How To Become Admin

TMP Status

status.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @LordBenji! You seem to be on top of everything saveediting and I have a question I'm guessing you can answer a lot faster than most others (and definitely faster than I can figure it out by messing with my files). Can I make my DAF 6x2 Taglift into a 6x4 Taglift where the rear axle also provides traction when down? Or even a 6X6? I know it's possible with mods (a T144 I have does this), but I'd love to have the ability in TMP too.

In its normal 6x4 configuration (with the 730Euro6 and the ULC iShift) I pretty much only use it to haul the heaviest stuff out of and into the strangest places, but I'd love to have the taglift option for those tight spaces and when freeroaming. Sadly the current non-powered taglift is useless for my needs, tag down I can't get any traction on the single powered axle, and tag up I can't steer plus the truck keeps getting stuck.

@norgeek It is not possible to change which axles are powered via save editing. Although, it is possible to define it with a mod. There's only one issue, which is that it won't work in multiplayer.

In save editing, you can change which chassis you use, which is just a relative path pointing to the sii file. But the powered axles are defined directly inside the sii file itself.

• Thanks 1

KkdaC1b.png

• 2 weeks later...

@madmedictvmru You don't have to sign in or sign up on Dropbox in order to download the Java Based Decrypter. Optionally, you can get the Non Java Based decrypter, which is a direct link that compiles it for you. I personally recommend the second one as it's faster and doesn't require a few extra steps.

On 02/03/2017 at 6:50 AM, LordBenji said:

KkdaC1b.png

• 2 months later...

so it's shown that you can use save editing to take bumpers off of one truck and apply it to another. does the same count for paintjobs? is it possible to save edit a paintjob off of one truck and apply it to another? if so, what would be the data path need to be so it shows up on the corresponding truck? im trying to take the divided paintjob from my w900 and apply it to my 389 but cant quite get it to show up.

Yep, that should be no problem (but might look a little bit weird in the end).

The best thing you can do in order to find out the data paths is (step 0 of this tutorial) decrypting the .scs files (in ATS you have to do this for each truck since every truck is a stand-alone DLC) and browsing through the def folder. All you have to do then is finding the paintjob and copying the path to your save game.

I've already done this with a trailer:

Spoiler

pqtmmfk.jpg

@LordBenji so it should be an easy swap out by taking the data path from my w900 paintjob and simply replacing the current paintjob data path of the 389? would the colors of the w900 also copy over or would i have to edit those manually? sorry, im still relatively new to save editing so i dont want to end up stuck figuring out why values arent changing.

@nitrodax777 it might work but, because how paint jobs work in the game, it'll look a bit funky on your screen.  The paint jobs are basically pictures that follow a template that the truck uses, every truck has a different template which is why they don' share the same skins.  You can try but I doubt it will come out the way you want it too.

@That1GuyITC well thats why i want to test it. in terms of overlapping the templates themselves, the w900 and 389 are almost the same definitive shape, as are the 579 and the t680. but im having issues on what to map where to get my w900 skin to show up on my 389. if i use the _nameless value for the w900 paintjob and replace the 389 paintjob with it, my game simply crashes when loading the truck. ive also tried copying the entire w900 paintjob directorate over to the 389 but it doesnt load at all and just reverts back to the original skin i had before. again, im really too new to this so i dont know exactly what values need to be changed to get it to function properly, or even if this is theoretically possible at all since there are no previous records of other people doing it anyway. if someone could show me an example of them succeeding in doing so and show me the values they changed i would appreciate that because im clearly missing something here by not putting values in the correct spot.

@nitrodax777 You don't need to change the address. I mean you can always change it to a custom name you can easily remember, if you plan to refer to it more easily like I do on a lot of my truck parts.

The only thing you need to do to get the paint from the other truck is simply changing the data path of the current paint job you have. You may have to change the color to it, but you might need an ets2 color converter to convert from rgb to the ets2 version of it. And in the paint job, there's the base color, and the 3 masks. The 2 others (flake and flip) are exclusive to metallic paints which you won't touch in this case. I think the colors in order of how they usually show in game in the paint customization would be: base, b mask, g mask, r mask.

If with some luck, you just want to keep the colors, but swap them, that's a bit easier. You just need to figure out which of the 4 attributes you need to change.

Also, it has been mentioned that the textures of the paint job might look out of place. As explained already, it's due that the truck uses a different template. It'll take a texture located in a certain area of the dds (picture) file and render it on the truck. It varies for each individual trucks, so that's why it may look weird, or it may look decent.

It can be quite confusing for someone who's just starting. But once you experiment things, and manage to figure out how it works, it should be all good.

KkdaC1b.png

@LordBenji well this is what i need help with is what specifically to replace. either save editing paintjobs doesnt work at all or im doing something wrong despite doing exactly what youre saying. i take the current data path for the paintjob on my truck, which is "data_path: "/def/vehicle/truck/peterbilt.389/paint_job/paintjob_01.sii" and replace it with the paintjob data path of the w900 "data_path: "data_path: "/def/vehicle/truck/kenworth.w900/paint_job/paintjob_02.sii". unless theres something that im missing or im replacing values in the incorrect spot, loading in the game afterwards doesnt change anything and the 389 still has the original skin on it.
**EDIT: finally got it to work magically despite not changing what i was doing previously. guess it was just a loading issue

• Like 1