Save Editing Tutorial (In-Depth) + Video

• 1 month later...

Wow, this is really impressive.

I have to admit that I did not know anything about "save editing" before @CaptainKostaZ told me about it. Thanks to him, I now have a modified Merc with Scania interior backlight and LEDs instead of license plates.

However, that there is the possibility to edit the amount of money owned w/o actually using "CheatEngine" is new to me, I didn't know it before.

So thank you for thoroughly explaining and describing what is necessary and which steps have to be done in order to successfully edit the profile.

Btw - is it also possible to save edit how much money you have to pay in ATS if you repair your truck? I know that there is a certain amount of % of how much you actually pay and how much your insurance pays but is this editable as well? If so, could you tell me how? ^^

Kind regards ;)

15 hours ago, [23]ThunderSky said:

How can i use 2 x chassis on the same trailer?

I've tried it, it will only load one of them, so that's pointless. :)

14 hours ago, Anriandor said:

Btw - is it also possible to save edit how much money you have to pay in ATS if you repair your truck? I know that there is a certain amount of % of how much you actually pay and how much your insurance pays but is this editable as well? If so, could you tell me how? ^^

Yes, it is possible to do it. I believe that you are looking for "coinsurance_fixed" and "accident_severity". The former is how much the insurance will pay or something. Regrettably, I believe those values will change in-game according to your driving behavior (wrecks, hits). So there's no point of changing those unless you want to reset it...

Thank you guys for asking me questions! :D 

KkdaC1b.png

11 hours ago, LordBenji said:

I've tried it, it will only load one of them, so that's pointless. :)

Yeah, I've tried the same thing, i'm was trying with 2x cargo too but it load the first it find and the second is completly ignored.

So i have a truck skin that is for my trucking company and i would like to use it, how would i put it on my truck or can you not do that?

^ @IGSApex, you can use this paint job if you want to but, unfortunately, TruckersMP does not add new content to the game. Therefore, it will not be possible to use this paint job online while driving with others. 

But if you want to use it for single player, you can drop the file in your "mod" folder (Your PC>Documents>Euro Truck Simulator 2>mod). Then, you have to activate it (ETS2 Launchpad>Modmanager). After having done so, find a service station and customise your truck.

That's it ;)

Thanks for the tutorial

Owner of a Audi RS6  And BMW M3

59c67b96f038a_Gumball3000Banner.jpg.db1f09cf945a75a4156e4b5ca53f1048.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@iStrikeOne It should work for someone who follows exactly step by step. Don't forget to modify the bat file as proposed in the tutorial, then save it. When you drag your game file into it, the black box should appear and it says relevant information. If it's already decrypted, it should be okay. If it's decrypting, it should be okay after the window disappears. If it gives an exception, then you must've forgot to install Java 7.

Edited by LordBenji

KkdaC1b.png

@LordBenji I did follow everything step by step.

This is what is being shown in the window. Yes I installed java and added the line.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Can not set static final boolean field javax.crypto.JceSecurity.isRestricted to java.lang.Boolean
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwFinalFieldIllegalAccessException(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwFinalFieldIllegalAccessException(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeQualifiedStaticBooleanFieldAccessorImpl.set(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Field.set(Unknown Source)
        at scsc.ScsC.removeCryptographyRestrictions(ScsC.java:118)
        at scsc.ScsC.main(ScsC.java:35)

@QuadZilla I think you are looking at the config.cfg in your profile map, go to the config.cfg in your Game map.

@iStrikeOne

I still do save editing today, and I don't have any issues.

That's what's in my program files:

n4yuO2c.png

And in my bat file:

hKz6LLB.png

No big magic here... I also explained that if you installed Java somewhere else (for example on your D), then you should replace the path (in the bat file) accordingly.

There's a reason why I put the change directory command, because if you have Java 8, the command prompt will use that version and it causes an exception.

Edited by LordBenji

KkdaC1b.png