mic questions

JRBRITTON88

Question

7 answers to this question

@JRBRITTON88, your microphone should be detected if it is default device for recording. You can plug it, right click sound/volume icon (near time, on task bar), and click on recording devices. You can see if it is default or not, and if it is, you can talk and see if green bar shows voice input.

It is not required to have a microphone to play in multiplayer. But you can use it to talk in CB, while holding the 'V' key (push to talk). You must be connected to the server, and you will only be able to hear/talk to players nearby (in tab player list).

KkdaC1b.png

Like the others said, it's not required but it "helps".

Have you tried it yet? I was really curious if the PC is gonna recognize the controller as a input device which i doupt it. If you can, try both bluetooth and usb cable.

Something that has higher chances to work as microphone is by using a mobile phone hands-free. I've done it once as test but i tested it only on TeamSpeak 3 not ETS2.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M