Ban Skodas and tractors with no trailers from Duisburg-Calais

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The game is about simulation, this idea of removing certain vehicle types from roads would not be well accepted.  

-1 as it goes against the games purpose.

• 3 months later...
  • Project Manager

You do realize as soon as you stop them from going down the C-D road they will form a new busy country road. Like how Europoort died out into the C-D road

Also as many have said if you don't like the Skoda's or the traffic avoid that road or go onto eu3 or eu1.

Have a good day everyone,

George

• Upvote 2

Kind Regards,

Whitelodge

spacer.png | spacer.png

Event Request | Event Calendar | Feedback | Events

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I disagree with this topic.

it wouldn't reduce the traffic by any amount, it would just change the type of vehicle those people are using. There are as many trolls in trucks with trailers as with cars or trucks without trailers. Its always the person, not the type of vehicle. At this point, I even disagree with the useless traffic rule. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

But in theory its already forbidden to use Skodas on CD because they count as useless traffic und useless traffic is forbidden on that road. Therefor I think that an autokick system like with double trailers and the vehicle lights would be the best solution because it puts 0 load onto the admins and is very effective.

Edit: I think this should be moved to game suggestions...

sticker.jpg

An interesting topic. 

Here is my two scents...

I don't see an issue with cars and or single trucks being on the road either in or around C-D what so ever though what I do see an issue in is the amount of players around these areas at one time. I reckon that this is part of if not THE main issue with C-D including all of or any accidents / crashes within these areas, I have seen quite a few tidy car drivers who drive as they would do in the real world however with this being said due to the fact that these places are hugely populated with say 50-200+ players at one time it is a cause for concern, especially seeing as some of those players drive like total bellends on the road. 
Banning everyone who drives a car in these areas would only create a lot more work for the admins than they already have besides this increase their levels of stress, we know the admins cannot be everywhere at once nor respond to our every beckon call for this person or that to be dealt with so maybe restricting the amount of players within C-D at one time, and or restricting the speed of cars to a max of say 30 MPH. 
Another issue with these areas is people congregating around the truck dealers or repair shops all at the same time, where people are coming or going only to end up back in the repair shop because some donut had drove into them as they are pulling out of the junction. Proper road useage should be enforced, players should be giving way to others but then half of these players probably don't even need to be in these areas at all...
Countless times I have seen players in their masses cueing up, all going the same direction even when there are roads within these areas that bypass them in order to get to the same place so it goes to show that some players have a lack in common sense. 

But no, I think there should be a limit to how many players are in or around C-D altogether along with a speed limit for both trucks and cars because this is just entirely out of control at the moment and is something the admins should have and or could have done something about before. 

Go a different route or go to Europe #1 (cars disabled). 

I think that banning the cars at the D-C road would cause more havoc then it would solve, it's also more unnecessary stress on the admins

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...