Ban Skodas and tractors with no trailers from Duisburg-Calais

9 hours ago, [LKW Tr.] Scorpion [LET] said:

to EU1 then

I am sorry, but the fact that EU1 does not have a lot of traffic, represents the number of people that have some kind of grievance against the car. If you don't like the car go to EU1, if you don't like that it is because not very many people share your opinion. Yes you have made your point. You have a right to make you point, but it is not required for you to fight a losing battle with the many people who disagree with you. You have had your say, but at the end of the day nobody cares if you like the car or not. Just like nobody cares if you play mp or not.  

On 7/3/2017 at 5:38 PM, fidget3306 said:

I am sorry, but the fact that EU1 does not have a lot of traffic, represents the number of people that have some kind of grievance against the car. If you don't like the car go to EU1, if you don't like that it is because not very many people share your opinion. Yes you have made your point. You have a right to make you point, but it is not required for you to fight a losing battle with the many people who disagree with you. You have had your say, but at the end of the day nobody cares if you like the car or not. Just like nobody cares if you play mp or not.  

You're wrong. EU#1 low player count is not because cars are not allowed there, it was lower than the other servers' long before the car was released. EU#1 has low population because it's the only server with a forced speed limit. And the majority of the player base want to drive as fast as they want, that's why they don't play in EU#1, nothing to do with cars. Do you think that if cars were allowed in that server, with a forced speed limit, the number of people would go up? I don't. I have yet to see a car (not on pilot duties) driving slower than 150-160 Km/h...

Edited by FernandoCR

On 27.2.2017 at 1:17 PM, Hannes (GER) said:

Suggestion Name: Ban Skodas and tractors with no trailers from Duisburg-Calais
Suggestion Description: A ban for Skodas and single trucks (no trailer) from the Countryroad between Calais and Duisburg as specally 70-80% of all Skodas drive realy bad and overtake all the time. Also there are many of them ramming on purpose and queze through every tiny space in traffic jams. And they are useless and unnecessary trafic as they dont transport any goods.
Any example images: nope
Why should it be added?: It would reduce the trafic and overtakers on this very bussy road and would make this road saver for all normal driving players. Also, as our admins cant ban all of those bad drivers at once as there are to many bad drivers and not enough admins, it would be a useful improvisation.

The ban of cars and trucks without trailers from the Duisburg-Calais route will unlikely reduce the traffic volume as it will not reduce the amount of players.

Users still have the option to use trucks with trailers instead.

6 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Actually you're wrong, in the UK we call trucks, trucks, not tractors as that's something used on farms, in America, trucks are called Tractors, with a full size truck and trailer being called a tractor trailer. Fact

Before you want to continue further, I would just like to point out that I am from the UK. I also said countries LIKE the UK, so your argument is invalid.  

• 8 months later...

This is a very controversial topic. Nonetheless, I can see why you may request this but it definitely has multiple perspectives.

For example, a Skoda or just a 'tractor' may be heading to another destination to pick up a load. Whether or not the sat-nav route takes them via this way is a different story but I don't agree that users should be punished for generally driving through somewhere unless they're causing a problem to other road users. In my own opinion, this also applies to Skoda's as the vehicles cannot haul anything (as that would be against the rules) however, if driven appropriately and correctly I have no problem with any vehicle. I like to believe my driving is considerate of others, I often allow others to pull out of the stations if they've been stuck waiting for a considerable amount of time. Unfortunately, unless you're on EU3 it's very unlikely this would ever take hold.

Kind regards,

Matthew

• 2 weeks later...

The thing with this type of suggestion is, is that it’s subject to personal opinion, there’s arguments for and against but the ultimate question that has to be asked is this: if we remove the Scout and stop people driving certain routes without a trailer, is that going to instantaneously stop all trolling, all ramming, all juvenile behaviour? Highly unlikely.

in the days before the scout was even a thing, you had to worry about trucks with no trailers, trucks with trailers, blockers, rammer, basically everything that we still have to deal with to this day, so honestly, no matter what you remov3 and what you kick and ban from being driven on the roads, it isn’t going to get rid of the constant issue, the people who troll and act like spoilt kids, unless they are taken care of and shown 0% mercy, then maybe, just maybe, we could get some actual order and realism from TMP, but till then, no amount of removing things is going to change what goes on, it’s going to come a time where the only thing we can do is ‘walk’ around and teleporttrailers to destinations like some click 2D game. 

I have never seen anyone get insta-banned in C-D for using a car or driving without a trailer, but I have seen once admins redirecting this 'useless' traffic towards the highway intersection. Anyone who would continue on that road would be kicked. I think it's the best realistic solution to this everyday problem. But hey, if you don't want problems, just avoid that route.
Drive safe!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It doesn't really matter if it's a truck or a car that's driving on the Duisburg-Calais route. Both categories have their own bad apples.

The Skoda is definitely harder to control at high speeds compared to the trucks. In addition, they accelerate much faster than trucks. Therefore, although you can get into an accident with trucks anyway, that is a possible reason why so many accidents tend to be with cars 

To ban a specific set of traffic seems to be a useless strain on resources to parse the traffic and constantly scan a certain area and kicking users. In addition, simply picking out a different routing or logging onto a less busy server would solve the issue.

I see the purpose in this request, but I don't think it's worthwhile to pursue.

"There is no Ctrl+Z in life."

Twitch | YouTube | RoadKing VTCMe

• 1 month later...

-1 from 

I have had more issues with trucks than skodas! The majority of skodas i have seen drive at least somewhat sensibly and basically all of the trolls get banned within a week. The issue isnt the vehicles, the issue is the drivers. We have multiple other servers that you can go to.