Ban Skodas and tractors with no trailers from Duisburg-Calais

3 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

But that's the point, it's YOUR opinion, it doesn't mean to say every member of the community shares your opinion, in fact, most of us will disagree, I mean, I can remember what it was like before the scout was introduced and it's no different to now except back then it was more terrifying because you had a full size truck baring down on you.

personally, trucks without a trailer whom have no load pickup in either Duisburg, Calais, Rotterdam or Brussels should be kept off the road at peak times, they're the real nuisance, always have been. 

The arguement that that will always win is this, removing the scout isn't going to magically remove the trolls and the inexperienced who struggle to drive, all it will do is put them back into the more stable and controllable trucks meaning they can hit more poeople more accurately, same as it used to be before the scout was added.

Oh really have you asked every single person on here have to to claim that?  Have i actually said that removing the cars will put an instant halt to all the trolls/bad drivers that use cars? Nope. What I'm saying is now that the cars....which let's be honest are much faster than a truck (even with no trailer) and can some how deal more damage are a more easier tool for the "people" to use for causing chaos.

Also I don't really care if other people share my opinion or don't share my opinion, this is a forum where one can express ones views on a matter of different topics RE: cars on certain roads and /or what said people do with them. And "the argument hat will always win is this" is pointless, I'm not here...i repeat not here to "win" an argument, just here to put my point and thoughts across on this particular matter.

Oh and having trucks and cars coming at you at speed isn't "terrifying" as you put it, in fact it's just plain annoying.

@LordBenji

Europoort is an issue with cars just driving around for no reason.  But the Calais to Duisburg road is, when I'm on it, is now pretty much the main sauce of where my car reports come from and it's mainly them recklessly overtaking at some speed and with hardly any good control of the car. Now i don't understand why that road in particular is a magnet for lots of people but you've got to admit that the cars that are there do cause havoc.

Edited by ..Anonymous..
More info.

Lets be realistic here, yes cars speed and overtake like crazy on the C - D road BUT so do trucks and not just trucks without trailers, quite a large amount of the fast and crazy overtaking on the C - D road is actually done by trucks with trailers which have a much bigger chance of causing a crash, cars are alot smaller and so can overtake safely in places where trucks (escpeally with trailers) can't. There are just as much trucks (often with trailers) that cause crashes, overtake dangerously, speed without slowing down losing control and crashing and trolling as there are cars. It is not mostly cars or mostly trucks, there is a fairly even number, some days it might be more cars other day it might be more trucks. Europort isn't even an issue anymore, its so quite now its practically a ghost town.  Traffic (including cars and trucks without trailers) is great to have and it adds variety then just having a traffic full of trucks with trailers. Everyone by now knows the C - D road and what its like so if you decide to use it rather then take an alternative route then there is no point complaining about the road or  the crazyiness of it, you CHOSE to go that way knowing what it is like. 

Also if you really hate cars and don't want to be around them then you can always use EU1. I'm sure quite  significant number of reports (cars and trucks) come from the C - D road. Really pisses me off when people say ban all cars they are all trolls and its mostly cars that cause problems  and all that  sort of crap. Record and report the trolls and move on or just don't go to the C - D road if you cannot handle the traffic or crazy driving that goes on on that road. It is a really big map you do not have to use that road.

• Upvote 1

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Well said @Killua (DavidOC93)!

And just another note, I went through the report videos that I still have saved on my computer, and I counted 35 perpetrators that were using a car out of 165 in total. That makes 21% of the reports... When I know it's clearly an accident that I judge it's not worth punishing, then it ends up in my Random Moments videos, some cars but it's usually trucks in there. I also don't count when it's good overtaking that doesn't end up in an accident.

• Upvote 1

KkdaC1b.png

7 hours ago, [LKW Tr.] Scorpion [LET] said:

Oh really have you asked every single person on here have to to claim that?  Have i actually said that removing the cars will put an instant halt to all the trolls/bad drivers that use cars? Nope. What I'm saying is now that the cars....which let's be honest are much faster than a truck (even with no trailer) and can some how deal more damage are a more easier tool for the "people" to use for causing chaos.

Also I don't really care if other people share my opinion or don't share my opinion, this is a forum where one can express ones views on a matter of different topics RE: cars on certain roads and /or what said people do with them. And "the argument hat will always win is this" is pointless, I'm not here...i repeat not here to "win" an argument, just here to put my point and thoughts across on this particular matter.

Oh and having trucks and cars coming at you at speed isn't "terrifying" as you put it, in fact it's just plain annoying.

@LordBenji

Europoort is an issue with cars just driving around for no reason.  But the Calais to Duisburg road is, when I'm on it, is now pretty much the main sauce of where my car reports come from and it's mainly them recklessly overtaking at some speed and with hardly any good control of the car. Now i don't understand why that road in particular is a magnet for lots of people but you've got to admit that the cars that are there do cause havoc.

But the point is that the cars are much more unstable at high speed meaning that there's a higher chance that the troll trying to hit you will wreck long before he hits you, whereas a truck pulling a trailer is much more stable meaning they can hit you more accurately every time. 

And im here to put my opinion and point across, same as you, back before the cars were introduced, it was the same, only difference now is that the trolls have more chance of flying through the air because the cars are more unstable than a  truck, lets face it, how many times do you see the c-d road blocked off because of trucks speeding/ramming etc compared to the number of cars, you see more trucks cause wrecks and accidents than cars do on this stretch especially.

furthermore, I have to keep making the general point that even if the cars are removed from c-d and the bobtailers (that's trucks without trailers to the common person) are removed, all those trolls will simply jump in their trucks, grab a trailer, set trailer stability to max and go block roads, cause wrecks and do everything they used to do before the cars were added. 

We we all take the risk when we play on eu2 that we may get rammed, trolled or even stalked, that's the price we pay to have more traffic around and enjoy the traffic chaos and banning certain vehicles etc will NOT make the slightest bit of difference to whether or not you get trolled, rammed or stalked on the c-d road at all. That's the truth really. 

I am not gonna say too much but you have my vote on this.

+1 if our opinion really counts

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

26 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

But the point is that the cars are much more unstable at high speed meaning that there's a higher chance that the troll trying to hit you will wreck long before he hits you, whereas a truck pulling a trailer is much more stable meaning they can hit you more accurately every time. 

And im here to put my opinion and point across, same as you, back before the cars were introduced, it was the same, only difference now is that the trolls have more chance of flying through the air because the cars are more unstable than a  truck, lets face it, how many times do you see the c-d road blocked off because of trucks speeding/ramming etc compared to the number of cars, you see more trucks cause wrecks and accidents than cars do on this stretch especially.

furthermore, I have to keep making the general point that even if the cars are removed from c-d and the bobtailers (that's trucks without trailers to the common person) are removed, all those trolls will simply jump in their trucks, grab a trailer, set trailer stability to max and go block roads, cause wrecks and do everything they used to do before the cars were added. 

We we all take the risk when we play on eu2 that we may get rammed, trolled or even stalked, that's the price we pay to have more traffic around and enjoy the traffic chaos and banning certain vehicles etc will NOT make the slightest bit of difference to whether or not you get trolled, rammed or stalked on the c-d road at all. That's the truth really. 

If anything limit the cars speed then to let's say 70mph. That way they can't blame the car or the brakes being useless (as i keep hearing) Or is someone going to whine about "Oh you can't limit the cars speed, it won't real" Nothing about this mod is real so there's no need for the car to go as fast as it should.

3 hours ago, [LKW Tr.] Scorpion [LET] said:

If anything limit the cars speed then to let's say 70mph. That way they can't blame the car or the brakes being useless (as i keep hearing) Or is someone going to whine about "Oh you can't limit the cars speed, it won't real" Nothing about this mod is real so there's no need for the car to go as fast as it should.

It's not about whining, it's about fairness, considering an unloaded Volvo FH16 can hit 100+mph, speed isn't everything.

its more the driver not the vehicle, and that's what everyone seems to forget when making these posts.

17 hours ago, Killua (DavidOC93) said:

Limit car to 70mph :o Nooooooo way, that would be extremely unfair especially seeing as the Scania can go over 100mph with the 730hp engine

I knew you would b@#ch about that....Don't worry David they won't take your precious car or the precious speed away from you. 

You want to talk about things being unfair?  Pfff I'll give you a list of things that are unfair and ^that is never going to be one of them. 

16 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

It's not about whining, it's about fairness, considering an unloaded Volvo FH16 can hit 100+mph, speed isn't everything.

its more the driver not the vehicle, and that's what everyone seems to forget when making these posts.

Oh I'm not forgetting about the driver as they're 95% responsible but people also seem to be forgetting that this is a truck game. Yes trucks can go 100+mph and they're free to as it's a truck game. What I feel people seem to be ignoring is that  the devs have given the trolls the perfect tool (the car) to troll even more with. 

Edited by ..Anonymous..
censored a word

I knew you would bitch about that....Don't worry David they won't take your precious car or the precious speed away from you. 

Wow :o No need for that at all @[LKW Tr.] Scorpion [LET] :unsure:

Cars do not cause most of the problems and it is not the perfect troll tool (smaller and more unstable meaning easier to crash and miss and easier to avoid them) trolls have and do all the same things with trucks as they do with cars and cause just as much problems so blaming cars as the problems needs to stop, its not one bit true. Drivers are the problem. That whole its a truck game is just a pointless argument, part of being a truck driver and driving a truck is having cars and traffic around you, the challenges of having smaller vehicles driving around you and driving with bad drivers. If you do not want to drive with cars then there is EU1.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

^ Blah blah blah go to EU1 if you don't want the cars Yeah I've done that before and it's really nice. But that statement is pointless as with it you're ignoring the whole issue and forcing people to choose between playing with their friends and have the high probability of getting hit by a car
(and yes a truck since this is originally a truck game) OR piss off to a different server where you'll be in peace but have literally hardly anyone near you. That David is wrong.

So AGAIN people in cars serve no purpose but to only clog up the roads, cause crashes and generally troll.  And yeah i totally understand that there are SOME car drivers that act in the correct manor and drive correctly and well done to them....have a cookie.

My position on this still stands, the the cars should either be limited (speed-wise) or be removed on a disabled speed limited server (Like EU3 for example)

What d oyou see on the roads in SP? What do you see on the roads in real life? What do truck drivers see? Roads full of only trucks? nope I don't think so but roads full of cars and other vehicles, cars do have a place in MP and are fine :) Maybe the brakes could be a little better but thats about it.

Record and report the trolls and leave the rest alone - that simple 

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

4 hours ago, [LKW Tr.] Scorpion [LET] said:

I knew you would bitch about that....Don't worry David they won't take your precious car or the precious speed away from you. 

You want to talk about things being unfair?  Pfff I'll give you a list of things that are unfair and ^that is never going to be one of them. 

Oh I'm not forgetting about the driver as they're 95% responsible but people also seem to be forgetting that this is a truck game. Yes trucks can go 100+mph and they're free to as it's a truck game. What I feel people seem to be ignoring is that  the devs have given the trolls the perfect tool (the car) to troll even more with. 

So letting cars that can push you out of the way better at low speeds, be limited in speed whereas trucks that weigh just as much fully loaded are able to get up to 100+mph, and that's fair for all?  Get real, it's like saying that if you haul a full length trailer, you can't go faster than 40mph, yet a smaller trailer you can go whatever speed. 

The be all and end all is that most of us would rather have realistic traffic, meaning it's not just lines of trucks everywhere, there's cars too, plus there is servers that don't have cars on them, just not as many players are on those servers. Honestly though, for what happens, it's 98% the drivers fault, it's their decisions that lead to the situation, not the car/truck etc. 

Also, how is the car the perfect troll tool, when it's so unstable that the chance of being rammed by a car at high speed is severely reduced, whereas a truck is more stable, so can hit its target more efficiently.

it just seems to me like people want to blame everything on the scout because it's third party, not base game, but in reality, it's down to who gets behind the wheel who is to blame, not the car.

3 hours ago, Killua (DavidOC93) said:

What do you see on the roads in real life? What do truck drivers see? Roads full of only trucks? nope I don't think so but roads full of cars and other vehicles, cars do have a place in MP and are fine

I really hope that you don't see in real life the things I see in the game... Don't know in Ireland, but in Spain, 99% of the cars you see on the roads are being driven sensibly, not 240 Km/h and swerving all over the highway.

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Also, how is the car the perfect troll tool, when it's so unstable that the chance of being rammed by a car at high speed is severely reduced, whereas a truck is more stable, so can hit its target more efficiently.

I guess you've never been rear-ended by a car coming 200+ Km/h... They see a huge trailer ahead, impossible to miss it, unless they are steering with their *****. And they don't even need to be going that fast, you are doing 100 Km/h, a car doing 150 Km/h  hits the side of your trailer and sends your vehicle out of the road, over a fence or whatever. YES, they are perfect weapons for trolls. But it's not only that. This being a Truck Simulator, people used to drive trucks, there were always trolls and there will always be, but with the car, lots of kids (and not so kids) see the game as a racing one, they forgot the goal of the game and just go roaming around full speed in cars, and since it is just a game, they don't care about anyone or anything else than having their fun.

EDIT: Deleting previous EDIT comment because I misunderstood, sorry.

Anyway, this is a debate that doesn't take us anywhere. We can't make you change your minds and you can't make us change ours either. I'm just a little sad because you always have the perfect answer "Go play on EU1" while we don't have anything alike. I've tried EU#1, couldn't bear it because even when I usually drive solo, EU#1 is too much "solo" for me. And I've tried SP too, but discovered that I got too used to the blue dots in the GPS screen... I was constantly failing to yield! (ATM trying new keys/buttons layout to have a comfortable look left/right option and if I get it right, maybe I will say goodbye to MP).

Edited by FernandoCR

I have been slammed in the back by cars  before and trucks, I got sent flying by a truck who slammed into the back of me when I was stopped. trucks can and do all that aswell,

Car are not the problem, trucks or not the problems, some drivers are the problem and that will always be the case especially in the busy areas like the C - D road so the best thing to do is to record and report the trolls and continue to play :) 

The traffic on C - D road is not as bad as it used to be anyway, there is not a big traffic jam at the junction every day like there used to be, its usually just at the weekend and during the day, the rest of the time its really busy but moving :P so this isn't really as big an issue as it was when there was big traffic jams every day and every evening. 

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

4 hours ago, Killua (DavidOC93) said:

What d oyou see on the roads in SP? What do you see on the roads in real life? What do truck drivers see? Roads full of only trucks? nope I don't think so but roads full of cars and other vehicles, cars do have a place in MP and are fine :) Maybe the brakes could be a little better but thats about it.

Record and report the trolls and leave the rest alone - that simple 

I do exactly that David as I'm sure you've seen me do (record and report) As for you saying cars have there place in multiplayer That right there is the best joke I've heard all bloody year.  A car can do nothing but (as i said before) drive around pointlessly with their pilot skin on (which by the way I'm pretty sure they're only allowed to use that whilst taking part in a convoy but i guess that rule has been wiped so they're free to "act as police" even though they say they're not we know full damn well that they are.

3 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

So letting cars that can push you out of the way better at low speeds, be limited in speed whereas trucks that weigh just as much fully loaded are able to get up to 100+mph, and that's fair for all?  Get real, it's like saying that if you haul a full length trailer, you can't go faster than 40mph, yet a smaller trailer you can go whatever speed. 

The be all and end all is that most of us would rather have realistic traffic, meaning it's not just lines of trucks everywhere, there's cars too, plus there is servers that don't have cars on them, just not as many players are on those servers. Honestly though, for what happens, it's 98% the drivers fault, it's their decisions that lead to the situation, not the car/truck etc. 

it just seems to me like people want to blame everything on the scout because it's third party, not base game, but in reality, it's down to who gets behind the wheel who is to blame, not the car.

Regarding that low speed issue where they can just push you out of the way that I've been told is a bug (because trucks can do it too, it's happened to me) and cannot be dealt with in regards to a ban. 

Priority should go to trucks as this is AGAIN a truck game, not a simulator, a game......there's too many issues and problems for it to be classed as a simulator. I'm very real thanks, ask my fiancé...she'll tell you.

It is because they can accelerate much much faster than the truck (for obvious reasons) yes they're less stable than a reliant robin going round a corner but still that's my viewpoint on it and feel free to disagree with it as I'm sure you will as that seems to be your tone with me regarding this topic.

Maybe you should see this from a mutual view....look he cars can't do anything on the game...no trailer pickups....nothing.  The only decent thing they maybe can do is leading convoys but many VTC's now are just using their own trucks to lead (like LKW,  KGT,  MJS and even APL for example) If anything it's the cars that should be placed on one or two servers so truck drivers can go...lets say 20mph more without constantly wondering if a car is going to hit them.  Furthermore.....truck drivers (in my mind) shouldn't be restricted to only one server where it has a limited speed activated on it.

If people behind cars want to drive correctly then there's a server all ready for them.....EU1.

1 hour ago, Killua (DavidOC93) said:

I have been slammed in the back by cars  before and trucks, I got sent flying by a truck who slammed into the back of me when I was stopped. trucks can and do all that aswell,

Car are not the problem, trucks or not the problems, some drivers are the problem and that will always be the case especially in the busy areas like the C - D road so the best thing to do is to record and report the trolls and continue to play :) 

The traffic on C - D road is not as bad as it used to be anyway, there is not a big traffic jam at the junction every day like there used to be, its usually just at the weekend and during the day, the rest of the time its really busy but moving :P so this isn't really as big an issue as it was when there was big traffic jams every day and every evening. 

That David is pretty much what happened to me, very nearly in the same place too.  Can't remember the name of the admin who dealt with it but reports of this nature won't be acted upon as (as i said in the other post) they're classed as a known bug and bans can't be dealt out

I agree yes drivers are pretty much the main issue here but again cars (in my opinion) don't really have a goodish reason to be on the servers.   They're almost like a game that's only 75% finished....if they fixed the brakes (a must in the future) and the stability (many at high speeds) then and only then i'll be ok with them on.....BUT there still needs to be a server where truck drivers like you and me David are able to do jobs (internal or external) and drive a little higher at speed where there's no cars (doesn't matter if they're good or bad drivers) are on that particular server.

I will never play on a server with no cars (only time I ever use EU1 is when I have to for a convoy thats on EU1)  I drive trucks and cars and when I'm in my truck I like to see cars driving around, much better then seeing roads full of trucks. Saying that you only need to be worried about cars coming up and hitting you is so untrue, there just as much chance of the truck coming up and hitting you aswell .I've been rammed plenty of times (usually not recorded as I don't/cannot record all the time - on;y hit record when I see things happen) and there has been a very good mix of both trucks and cars. You can use the pilot paintjob when ever you want but you cannot act like police. Cars do have their place in MP, they are great to go for drives in to get a break from doing jobs (i don't like driving trucks without trailers) and exploring the map :) Anyone that really does think by removing cars the problems will just disappear really needs a reality check :unsure: C - D road is crazy, full of crazy driving by trucks with and without trailers and cars, its the busiest road on the map and the place where you will most likely find trolls and crazy driving and everyone kinda know about that road now so if you choose to go on it and then complain about the driving on it and the traffic then it really is a bit silly, its easy to take an alternative route. If you choose to go that route then thats fine but don't complain about it (you don't have to go that way) just record and report the trolls and stop whining about cars in particular, I don't even see cars as the biggest problem on that road anyway, I see just as much if not more really bad driving and crashes being caused by trucks (often with trailers)    

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

^ You'll never play on it? Ok that's fine I literally couldn't give a toss if you were playing on it or not.  Why should people who want to drive in peace be told time and time and time again by people who seem to have some sort of erection for the car be told/advised to pretty much "shut up, quit your complaining and piss off to EU1 then"  I bet you if someone or a team of people were to go through every single ban that's been issued those using cars would come on top.  I rarely go on that road David, however I know you do, I've seen your laggy videos proving it.  Everything that you say about defending the cars couldn't be more biased.

Now I'm going to end my input on this topic because...

1. I've made my point

2. I'm not going to repeat myself any longer

3. I say something i may or may not regret.

Regards.

Also, the other week, i was on the road to C-D and i over took a small convoy carefully, because i didn't want to upset them, when i finaly got around the guy at the front started ramming me and yelling at me, i said i dont want to follow you guys to dusiburg because i wanted to get there and do some jobs.. :(

6 hours ago, [LKW Tr.] Scorpion [LET] said:

I do exactly that David as I'm sure you've seen me do (record and report) As for you saying cars have there place in multiplayer That right there is the best joke I've heard all bloody year.  A car can do nothing but (as i said before) drive around pointlessly with their pilot skin on (which by the way I'm pretty sure they're only allowed to use that whilst taking part in a convoy but i guess that rule has been wiped so they're free to "act as police" even though they say they're not we know full damn well that they are.

Regarding that low speed issue where they can just push you out of the way that I've been told is a bug (because trucks can do it too, it's happened to me) and cannot be dealt with in regards to a ban. 

Priority should go to trucks as this is AGAIN a truck game, not a simulator, a game......there's too many issues and problems for it to be classed as a simulator. I'm very real thanks, ask my fiancé...she'll tell you.

It is because they can accelerate much much faster than the truck (for obvious reasons) yes they're less stable than a reliant robin going round a corner but still that's my viewpoint on it and feel free to disagree with it as I'm sure you will as that seems to be your tone with me regarding this topic.

Maybe you should see this from a mutual view....look he cars can't do anything on the game...no trailer pickups....nothing.  The only decent thing they maybe can do is leading convoys but many VTC's now are just using their own trucks to lead (like LKW,  KGT,  MJS and even APL for example) If anything it's the cars that should be placed on one or two servers so truck drivers can go...lets say 20mph more without constantly wondering if a car is going to hit them.  Furthermore.....truck drivers (in my mind) shouldn't be restricted to only one server where it has a limited speed activated on it.

If people behind cars want to drive correctly then there's a server all ready for them.....EU1.

If this was just a game, then SCS would have called it "Euro Truck Driving 2" and "American Trucking" not Euro Truck SIMULATOR and American Truck SIMULATOR which entails that there is some form of simulation in the game, which there is, just because it's not a hardcore sim where every button is pressable, you have to do 1000 different things at once and all that, doesn't mean it's not a sim as there are different categories of sims, from arcade to hardcore and there are plenty of options in both games you can adjust to turn it towards hardcore sim. 

In in terms of use, yeah there's no official use except for convoy controls and for Admins to use for policing purposes, but most of us who use the scout use it like a real car, travelling between destinations etc, personally, if I'm bored I'll jump in my car, drive from the city I finished my last run in to my garage in the south of England and simulate "driving to work" to pickup my truck and grab a load. 

Well irl realism dictates that trucks SHOULD be limited, in fact, they should be limited to 55mph as per law, ask any real trucker and they'll tell you that they are limited, so a limit of 68mph is fine, any faster and you are a hazard in my opinion, if it was upped to 70mph I wouldn't complain, but that's what max should be. 

Lets face it, it's not the cars, or the trucks that are the issue, it's who drives them, if a troll drives a car like a troll, does that mean he'll drive a truck like a human? Hardly, a troll is always a troll regaurdless of vehicle, saying that cars are the issue, is like saying all who drive scanias and volvos are trolls because statistically those are the most common troll choices. 

It it should be the case that if you want single player  style driving where you just see trucks, play eu 1, if you want real world scenarios and more people, play the other servers.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, [LKW Tr.] Scorpion [LET] said:

by people who seem to have some sort of erection for the car

Really? <_< there is no need for comments like that at all

Sorry but I'm not the one thats being biased

I don't see the point in continuing to discuss/argue in this topic (I can see it beginning to turn into an argument :unsure:) so I'll just end on this,

Cars are part of MP and some people need to just accept that and get over it and stop whining about the cars being in MP.  Drivers are the problem, not cars or trucks and its not mostly cars causing problems.  TMP have a good system to deal with trolls as best they can and trolls will get perma bans but there will always be more to replace them, no point blaming cars for everything when its not all or most cars causing problems. Trolls are the problem wheather they use cars or trucks. Just Record and report the trolls and continue to enjoy the game :)

If you really cannot stand the cars then go to EU1 

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg