Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Realistic Steering Wheel Algorithm

23 hours ago, sgpch1983 said:

it works and is allowed in mp too

Hey @sgpch1983,

I have installed this as well. In single-player it works very well for me so thumbs up. However, when I am trying to play MP it does not work for me.

My steering wheel is the G27 for which it is meant to be but I am not getting it work for MP. Could you give me a quick explanation how you got it working? (Just write a PM if you don't wanna answer here...)

I am looking forward to hearing from you :)

Regards ;)

3 hours ago, Anriandor said:

Hey @sgpch1983,

I have installed this as well. In single-player it works very well for me so thumbs up. However, when I am trying to play MP it does not work for me.

My steering wheel is the G27 for which it is meant to be but I am not getting it work for MP. Could you give me a quick explanation how you got it working? (Just write a PM if you don't wanna answer here...)

I am looking forward to hearing from you :)

Regards ;)

i just followed the scs forum post for the profiler settings and installed the x86 and x64 version in the x64 and x86 plugin folders.

i than made sure steam always starts x64 of ets2 (ats is already only x64).

oh and the ini file needs to be in every plugin folder with every dll too. did not modify the ini file.. i did the setup in the profiler and modifyed the center force only.. it was a bit strong in early plugin versions for me.

does this help you? if not pm me again. sry my english is not the best.. im native german :)

sysp-73354.png

1 hour ago, sgpch1983 said:

i than made sure steam always starts x64

Thank you very much, man, it helped me a lot, indeed. I also noticed that I should not tab out of the game because then, it isn't working anymore.

However, installed it for ATS as well now, like it :)

Actually, @LordBenji, you can disable the function that the LEDs are blinking.

I am pretty sure you're using the FanaLEDs plugin for your G27, as do it. However, when location to this .ini file, you can edit it so that the LEDs are not going to work anymore.

Let me quickly add some screenshots.

You need to open and edit the file located in"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\plugins" with NotePad++ e.g.

(The file you need to open with NotePad)

4ef815283d1746b38f30a6b5593956de.png

Having opened the file, you have to change the value from whatever it is, to zero.

Spoiler

5b259f041a6446ae97d60f8de5189911.png

Hopefully, this quick instructional answer helped you :)

Kind regards ;)

18 hours ago, LordBenji said:

@Anriandor I am using the G29. I have not tried mode 0, but when I put mode 3 (RPM), it works until I attach a load. Then I think it goes to mode 4... It changes everytime I attach and detach trailer. I tried changing LED mode switch button and no luck. I will try mode 0 when I go in the game, but I am not very worried so.

that can be fixed by changing what button changes the LEDs mode, open the Real_G27_ffb.ini and look at this

# mods available:
# 0 - LEDs off (for using with other LEDs plugins, fanaleds forr ex)
# 1 - time to next rest stop
# 2 - brakes temperature
# 3 - RPM
# 4 - fuel amount
# 5 - fuel average consumption
# 6 - time left for delivery in time
# 7 - cargo wear
mode=3
# button number to switch modes in cycle
leds_mode_switch_button_number=99   <------------    I changed it to 99 cause there is no button 99 on wheel so it never changes

• 2 weeks later...

BTW if you are using 1080 degree steering wheel like myself, the 18.37 steering ratio algorithm is:

config_lines[171]: "mix steering `dsteering - (0.84 * normalize(abs(j_steer?0), c_steer_dz) + (0.16 * (c_steer_func / 2)) * pow(normalize(abs(j_steer?0), c_steer_dz), 4)) * sign(sel(c_jisteer, -j_steer?0, j_steer?0))`"

• 3 weeks later...

Archived