Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

[SCS Blog] Liftable Trailer Axles

SCS Blog

We're almost there to release the open betas of the next wave of updates for both Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we iron out the last few known glitches so that we are able to release the open betas next week.

Today we'd like to tease you a little with a glimpse on one of the new features - the implementation of liftable axles for trailers.

liftable_axle_fixed.gif

This feature was requested by the fan community for quite a while, we're glad to bring it to life for all players looking forward to improvements in simulation fidelity. Lifting a trailer axle allows you to spread the weight among the trailer's wheels to optimize fuel consumption, limit tire wear, or adjust the trailer's maneuverability while turning or reversing. As there was no default hotkey or controller key assigned for this feature as of yet, and we do not want to break players' existing configs, please remember to set this function under any key in the Key & Buttons options.

key_bind_axle_large_2.gif

Stay tuned for more feature reveals as we wrap up the work on the updates. The full change log will of course come along with the actual releases.
FDatyS9J_IM

View the full article

Hurr durr I'm a bot *beep*

In the blog it actually says that the liftable axle can be used in order to influence trailer handling while parking, so maybe it can be quite useful. And the hint that it also makes an impact on tire wear could also mean that we might possibly get a feature which would allow us to purchase our own trailers as well? This would be something really nice in my opinion.

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

4 hours ago, antrax 737 said:

[...] But i dont see how this is useful when normally u see lifted axle on trailer which is empty or has very light cargo inside. [...]

I am also wondering why they would implement it when there aren't empty trailers in the base game. However, it can still be used for very light cargo such as Medical Vaccines (5t), Medical Equipment (5t), Pot Flowers (3t) or Computer Processors (3t).

4 hours ago, [ST-B] T.Rucker said:

In the blog it actually says that the liftable axle can be used in order to influence trailer handling while parking, so maybe it can be quite useful. And the hint that it also makes an impact on tire wear could also mean that we might possibly get a feature which would allow us to purchase our own trailers as well? [...]

I would love to be able to buy my own trailer because then, it would be customisable as well which would take online trucking one step further.

3 hours ago, Iron Spirit [NL] said:

[...] care about trailer tire wear if you don't own it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

That's the point, you got it. I don't mind - I just want to get the trailer to the recipient without any damage. Nevertheless, I am crossing my fingers as well :)

King regards ;)

On 24.2.2017 at 2:44 PM, Aurora said:

For those who haven't seen it yet, but in the Options GIF you can see this:

^ @Cazik, the quote above shows what he wrote. I.e. it was in the GIF shown on the news blog.

key_bind_axle_large_2.gif

Hope this answered your question. :)

• Guest locked this topic