Freezing-Help

Gilthunder89

Hi everyone! i am expieriencing an awkard freezing every like 25-30 minutes, regardless of traffic.

I dont have a fps drop or lag but my screen freezes for 10-12 secs and then it starts normally(important note my truck at those 10 seconds doesnt move, so i am NOT crushing after it unfreezes)

I dont know what is causing that. Bare in mind 2 days ago i did a huge GPU upgrade from nvidia 650 ti to a new gtx 1060

Whoa... I think you're not the only user experiencing freezing with GTX 10 series. There could be multiple factors...

Try right clicking the Windows Icon of your task bar, Power Options, try to find Advanced Options, then there should be an option somewhere concerning PCI Express. Choose the one that gives the most performance (it might be "Disable").

Also, in the same window, look for Processor Power Management, and put everything at a 100%.

Can you report back if any changes happen?

KkdaC1b.png

42 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

Whoa... I think you're not the only user experiencing freezing with GTX 10 series. There could be multiple factors...

Try right clicking the Windows Icon of your task bar, Power Options, try to find Advanced Options, then there should be an option somewhere concerning PCI Express. Choose the one that gives the most performance (it might be "Disable").

Also, in the same window, look for Processor Power Management, and put everything at a 100%.

Can you report back if any changes happen?

When i go to PCI express there is only 1 option which is ''disabled'' but if i enable it the other 2 options is *power saving* so i am not really sure how this will help.

still buffles me because the other 2 upgrades i did are  2x 8GB RAM memory and more importantly, i bought an expensive PSU 550W plus 80 gold certificate from a very good manufacturer  that would normally be more than enough to power my 1060  and i5-4440

Try this:

(This is a different response from the person above who stated something similar about nvidia control panel).

1. Right click your desktop

2. Go to Nvidia Control Panel

3. Manage 3D settings

4.  Programme settings

5. Select eurotrucks2.exe from the drop down list

6. Scroll down in the settings - Select: Vsync ON - Triple Buffering ON 

Now go ingame - 

7. Launch ets2 in Directx mode - Go into graphics settings and select "Default refresh rate" and Vsync "Disabled" <---- In game only 

If the above still does not work : 

Go to Steam library, right click Euro Truck Simulator 2, properties, set launch options, Type in or copy and paste this without the speech marks :

"-mm_pool_size 400" (You can increase the value depending on how much RAM you have. Do not go too high, if you let me know the amount of RAM you have I can give you a number but try the number above first.

Best of luck :) 

25 minutes ago, EnLight said:

Try this:

(This is a different response from the person above who stated something similar about nvidia control panel).

1. Right click your desktop

2. Go to Nvidia Control Panel

3. Manage 3D settings

4.  Programme settings

5. Select eurotrucks2.exe from the drop down list

6. Scroll down in the settings - Select: Vsync ON - Triple Buffering ON 

Now go ingame - 

7. Launch ets2 in Directx mode - Go into graphics settings and select "Default refresh rate" and Vsync "Disabled" <---- In game only 

If the above still does not work : 

Go to Steam library, right click Euro Truck Simulator 2, properties, set launch options, Type in or copy and paste this without the speech marks :

"-mm_pool_size 400" (You can increase the value depending on how much RAM you have. Do not go too high, if you let me know the amount of RAM you have I can give you a number but try the number above first.

Best of luck :) 

THank you for your response but it seems its not just  EUro truck simulator issue. I unfortunately getting it on other games aswell.

Its not shattering, card seems to work fine. But its mainly those freezes that have duration usually 20 secs and happen 80% of the time when i open a game..and more rarely after  playing 2-3 hours  a game. Some people told me it might be my HDD dying..i just dont know damnit

Download the latest NVIDIA drivers here http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/115487 and put the executable on your desktop. [Win 7 + Win 8]

**ARE YOU USING WIN 10, you may need a different driver to the one above**

Win 10 64bit drivers

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/115492

Then, download and run this program http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html - when open click, 'Clean and Restart'.

Your computers resolution will change, this is normal and will go back to normal after re-installing the graphics drivers.

Your computer will restart, login as you would usually and double click the executable for the NVIDIA drivers that you downloaded on your desktop, just choose 'express install' and once it is finished installing restart your computer once again.

Your GPU drivers should then be freshly re-installed and the performance problems should be fixed.

If after this you still have poor performance then you may have a damaged card.

2 hours ago, Gilthunder89 said:

THank you for your response but it seems its not just  EUro truck simulator issue. I unfortunately getting it on other games aswell.

Its not shattering, card seems to work fine. But its mainly those freezes that have duration usually 20 secs and happen 80% of the time when i open a game..and more rarely after  playing 2-3 hours  a game. Some people told me it might be my HDD dying..i just dont know damnit

Oh right, your GPU is more than capable at running demanding games however in terms of the CPU what specifications do you have? 

4 hours ago, EnLight said:

Oh right, your GPU is more than capable at running demanding games however in terms of the CPU what specifications do you have? 

I've got the  i5-4440 at 3.1Ghz.

They told me even though its not super dooper good, it is borderline capable of running this GPU, with the exceptions of  4-5 high demanding games. So my guess is that, its not that

• 2 weeks later...

Archived