Accident Control

fidget3306

Suggestion Name: Accident control
Suggestion Description:I have seen many accidents where traffic has backed up due to trucks trying to drive around an accident even though it is clearly not possible. I think that there should be a group of players chosen by admins to avoid trolls. These players would be able to help ease the flow of traffic near and accident and possibly even divert traffic away from a collision zone. These players would not have the power to ban or kick players. 

Any example imagesImage result for highways england incident support unit

Why should it be added?: This should be added because it would help traffic flow better and could also be used in area with a high volume of traffic thus easing the strain on admins.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

sound nice but how do you envisaged?

Most of the pilot driver aren't able to drive a scout... and I think TMP have not enough officers.

9 minutes ago, fidget3306 said:

be used in area with a high volume of traffic thus easing the strain on admins.

As example death road :

Where will you add there ? There is just 1 line to drive...

kind regards

Traffic Officers, fake police suggestions have all been rejected.

Traffic officers never usually work anyway because people won't take them seriously and it can cause more problems than it solves.

This has been suggested too many times and all rejected. In the future use the Search function to check if your idea has been suggested before.

It won't ever happen because 1) Players are not allowed to control traffic 2) Most players will ignore you anyway 3) There are Admins to resolve collisions, and if there isn't any online, the collision is usually cleared up in a few seconds.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fidget3306 said:

Why should it be added?: This should be added because it would help traffic flow better and could also be used in area with a high volume of traffic thus easing the strain on admins

No, sorry. The way to make traffic flow better in case of an accident is that the truck/trucks involved hit F7+Enter quickly. Or report them for blocking and if/when an admin sees the situation, he will teleport/kick/ban the blockers. No need for false police, traffic controllers, tow trucks, ambulances or any other useless addition. Any of those would make things worse. Maybe more realistic... There's a crash between 2 trucks, they end up blocking the road, the traffic has to stop until police, ambulances and a tow truck come to "clean" the situation, but... That would only work in a server where all players are polite, mature and patient enough to stand for minutes in a traffic jam. You can check everyday the Calais - Duisburg road and you will see what 90% of the drivers, when caught in a traffic jam, do in the game. Trying to overtake on the grass, pushing other trucks, shouting, insulting, swearing.

-1 from me.

Edited by FernandoCR

I've read several of these suggestions and have replied quite in depth to one post regarding what regulation, requirement, implementation, and functionality these would serve in game.

However, as someone with several years of administrative experience in other games, I will simply tell you that it will not work. 

When an In-Game accident occurs in which the truck/car does not F7 immediately, traffic begins to pile up. One of four things will happen.

1. People aimlessly drive around the accident and usually cause more wrecks.

2. Someone attempts to illuminate the incident while alerting other trucks and cars with beacons or hazard lights. 

This suggestion --> 3. Someone attempts to establish traffic control, nobody listens to them, and because they are not staff, nothing can be done to enforce their control, and chaos continues. 

4. An administrator shows up and quickly clears the scene by kicked the crashed truck or teleporting them to a service station.

Moral of the story: Wanna be a IGA? Become an IGA!

Or just do what I do: Freecam around and watch traffic jams from a distance.

Edited by Adachi
  • Upvote 1

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

^^ The vehicle in the image doesn't exist in the game, Pilot cars would be the option, but most people are so fed up of seeing pilot cars playing "Who is the most idiot" that nobody would trust them.

And think about this: 2 trucks going high speed, one tries to overtake, looses control, hits the other, both collide with a barrier and end up on their sides, blocking a highway. Should they wait for "Traffic control" to arrive at the scene while traffic keeps coming and getting stuck in a jam? It makes no sense. What those players MUST do is clear the way ASAP using the option that it's already in the game: F7+Enter. There have been suggestions about adding tow trucks too, to make the game more real, but they were all rejected for that same reason. I've found blockers or trucks flipped for whatever reasons blocking the way and always was able to stop in time. Wait, if nothing happens, suggest F7+Enter in the chat, if nothing happens, report in-game, if nothing happens, video and report in the website. To me, accident or not, blocking a road for more than a minute or two is bannable, because everyone has the option to stop blocking easily.

7 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

^^ The vehicle in the image doesn't exist in the game, Pilot cars would be the option, but most people are so fed up of seeing pilot cars playing "Who is the most idiot" that nobody would trust them.

And think about this: 2 trucks going high speed, one tries to overtake, looses control, hits the other, both collide with a barrier and end up on their sides, blocking a highway. Should they wait for "Traffic control" to arrive at the scene while traffic keeps coming and getting stuck in a jam? It makes no sense. What those players MUST do is clear the way ASAP using the option that it's already in the game: F7+Enter. There have been suggestions about adding tow trucks too, to make the game more real, but they were all rejected for that same reason. I've found blockers or trucks flipped for whatever reasons blocking the way and always was able to stop in time. Wait, if nothing happens, suggest F7+Enter in the chat, if nothing happens, report in-game, if nothing happens, video and report in the website. To me, accident or not, blocking a road for more than a minute or two is bannable, because everyone has the option to stop blocking easily.

I was not suggesting that people would have to wait for someone to turn up, there would still be the f7 option just if a accident control player was in the area they could help warn others of the incident and possibly report players meaning everyone else can get on with driving. I was in no means suggesting this as a towing company.

I like the idea, it would be really cool, it would make the game more RPG.

But I have to agree with the Digi7al...

21 hours ago, Digi7al said:

1) Players are not allowed to control traffic

2) Most players will ignore you anyway

3) There are Admins to resolve collisions, and if there isn't any online, the collision is usually cleared up in a few seconds.

'' Admins control collisions Banishing and kicking :P''

It would be interesting admins more RPG, Get to the accident location and control the situation ...

Except of course, intentionally caused accidents, people who hit other players intentionally, deserve punishment.

It would be interesting the TruckersMP Team create a ''group'', and to add in that group people qualified for the ''job'' of traffic control.

• Upvote 1

PT-BR / PT / ESP / ENG

*Recent suggestions*

Smart GPS: Click Here

A more practical report system: Click Here

35 minutes ago, fidget3306 said:

Nobody would trust a vehicle with a pilot skin. Police and pilot cars are the same vehicle, but you would trust and listen to a police car.

Police cars are for admin use only. So, you would need to have admins dedicated to this traffic-control job instead of dealing with reports. I know they could hire trusted players, but I don't see that happening. Right now there's a backlog of reports longer than a week, if the team decided to hire more people, I guess it would be to start clearing that backlog, not to make the game more RPG style.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the MP to be more RPG, with more police cars on the roads, tow trucks, real jams in accidents, you name it. I'm just saying that the way things are right now, that's not going to happen. You can't ask players to be waiting for a lot of time in a traffic jam that can be solved in less than 10 seconds. Some would agree, most wouldn't.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.