Information on the pilot car

Soye Trivan

I think it's hidden when you download the mods from the starter (Just as wintermods etc.), if you search in computer etc. it won't show up (So i think you're right with the streaming part).

But anyhow, if you want to download it you can either find the same version currently used on ETSMP on different mod sites or in the steam workshop :)

28 minutes ago, AllstarDK said:

" ... if you want to download it ... "

Nah I want to mod it, put something in my mods folder, example, scout_mod, that replaces, for example, the scout_car.sii that they are streaming, if that makes sense, so when I purchase a Scout online, it won't be a Scout, it'd be a "insert modded car here"

Scout asked "do you love me?" I said "only partly, I only drive my Scania and my Kenworth, I'm sorry"

I don't think this would work. I don't know the least about modding, but I do know that the MP client disables all external mods when you launch it, to prevent possible crashes to other players games if they don't have those mods. What you are saying is that you want to replace the standard Scout model for a different one that you can use online. But every other players would not have that model or the modded parts in it, that could cause lots of issues. And most probably, your game wouldn't load the modded car or even crash when trying to load it. I guess that only the developers can tell for sure if it is possible to do this or not.

I'm not new to the info you guys are giving on the "client side" aspect of things, however I do appreciate the info about client mods being disabled, I didn't know about that one @FernandoCR, and as for @AllstarDK I hope a dev sees this and can shed a little light on exactly what the go is, I can only hope

Scout asked "do you love me?" I said "only partly, I only drive my Scania and my Kenworth, I'm sorry"

• 3 months later...

Archived