No Cars Unless In Convoy

FeelLikeGaming

I think that people should only be allowed to drive cars if they are in a convoy because they are just filling up the roads and are getting in the way of people who are actually playing Euro TRUCK Simulator 2 probably and are driving TRUCKS and DELIVERING CARGO.

I'm not the only one who thinks this all my friends agree with me and we have had a very big conversation about it while playing Euro TRUCK Simulator 2 and DELIVERING CARGO and while getting rammed by cars in a TRUCK game.

Edited by [S.PLH]Warrior
added previous post from duplicated one into this one

I can see where you're coming from but there are some flaws in your suggestion.

Firstly, it will be hard to determine whether a car is in a convoy or if it is just driving in a lot of traffic. This means that invalid bans would be given out unnecessarily which is unfair on the wrongly banned player. If the player is driving in traffic (against your proposed rule), the player could get reported/banned and claim that the traffic they were driving in was in fact a convoy and there would be no way to prove otherwise.

Secondly, don't forget there are multiple other servers where cars are not allowed. You can easily go on server EU#1 where you will not be 'attacked' and rammed.

So, -1.

If my comment helped you in any way, or you found it funny, click this button ↗↗↗

76561198170110153.png  Truckers.FM No.1 Trance and Dance DJ  SCS Closed Beta-Tester 

4 minutes ago, DJ Lewis said:

I can see where you're coming from but there are some flaws in your suggestion.

Firstly, it will be hard to determine whether a car is in a convoy or if it is just driving in a lot of traffic. This means that invalid bans would be given out unnecessarily which is unfair on the wrongly banned player. If the player is driving in traffic (against your proposed rule), the player could get reported/banned and claim that the traffic they were driving in was in fact a convoy and there would be no way to prove otherwise.

Secondly, don't forget there are multiple other servers where cars are not allowed. You can easily go on server EU#1 where you will not be 'attacked' and rammed.

So, -1.

Why don't you just get rid of them then because they are pointless and defeat the objective of the game.

A: We can't dictate when users drive cars or not, there is a server choice for you, no cars, or cars. Limiting that would mean having someone constantly watching everyone to see if they're in a convoy.

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

It's a bit unfair, but that's what we've got. "You don't like cars, go play in EU#1 server". You don't like to have a forced speed limiter, you have to deal with cars... You don't like to play on a server with less than 800 players, you have to deal with cars...

Sorry, but it is what it is, we have an option, so this suggestion has 0 chances to work. What I do: Always make sure that my Gameplay recording software is on and working. Rammers, trolls, reckless drivers hitting my truck, no matter if they come in cars or trucks, get recorded and reported. Most of them, banned. It's the best way to get rid of those ******* driving cars or trucks just to destroy other players' gaming time.

• Upvote 1

Oh for crying out load not another one <_< use search function <_<

trucks cause just as many problems as cars so saying cars create all or more of the problems is just ridiculous , the car was a great addition to MP that alot of people enjoy :) If you turn your braking sensitivity all the way up the car actually stops pretty good :) I think alot of people probably don't think or forget to do that though. Trucks (Scania + Volvo in particular due to the high powered engines) have just as much a chance as cars of crashing when at speed so saying its only or mostly cars is also untrue and its unfair to stereotype all car drivers as bad and trolls, I see just as much if not more trucks driving badly and causing problems.

USE EU1 if you don't like cars

If you don't want to do that then try EU3 which is quieter but if you choose to use EU2 and goto busy areas then except to come across trolls and bad drivers in cars and trucks , its the busiest server so obviously due to the high number of players the most likely place to encounter trolls and bad drivers. Record and report

The cars where a brilliant addition to MP :) Its great to go for drives in them and great to see them around when driving trucks on jobs and not just seeing all trucks on the roads.

If you think that removing cars will get rid if rammers and there with be no more rammings then you need to think again because rammers existed before the cars where added to MP.

If you are on the C - D road regularly you'll see just as much trucks with trailers speeding past overtaking dangerously without looking causing close calls or crashes and at least 6 times out of 10 I come across a crash it envoles trucks rather then cars

Edited by Killua (DavidOC93)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Sorry but I'm not gonna be forced to only being able to use one server (EU #1) I think that you should make a new server for cars only, because one this is a truck game and the bloody idiots who drive the cars can't drive for shit and it's really pissing me off now.  I have been playing this game for nearly 4 years and have no problem with anything until multiplayer added stupid cars for no reason what so ever and it has pissed me off!!! 

Nobody is forcing you to do anything, that is why we provide the EU1 server, in case you don't like the cars. But do realize, you are in a minority.

We won't set up another server just for cars, If you want cars: EU2/3, don't want cars: EU1. If that's not sufficient for you, then I'm sorry, but those are your options.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.