Where The C-D Road Meets The A1/A16

Freckleman

While what you are saying is clrrect Mirco, about there being a lot of traffic caused, I'm pretty sure there would be a lot less traffic if people actually learnt to follow the rules and do as signs instruct.

Following the signs would mean that the trucks along the country road would stop to give way to the trucks coming off of the motorway. However, people that don't follow the signs either because a ) they don't know what they mean or b ) choose not to follow tthem even though they know what that particular sign means. However, if all trucks stopped and gave way where they need to, it would prevent a lot of collisions between trucks rightfully coming off of the motorway and trucks on the country road. 

All it takes is a little bit of knowledge and patience and I guarentee a lot of the collisions that happen at the Brussels junction and cause the tailbacks will soon be reduced.

If my comment helped you in any way, or you found it funny, click this button ↗↗↗

76561198170110153.png  Truckers.FM No.1 Trance and Dance DJ  SCS Closed Beta-Tester 

Having the give way signs where they are does make sense to me because in real life you're gonna have more people on the motorway than on the country road. So if cars are stopping to give way to cars on the country road that will cause a back up on the motorway which is more dangerous than it would be if there was a queue on the small road

I am wondering about the behaviour of people driving through this intersection as well every time i go there. I think the majority just thinks that the Calais-Duisburg road itself has the right of way since in Truckers MP the traffic on that road is actually busier than the one coming from the motor way. Most of the truckers just don't seem to see the give-way signs, or just simply ignore them. But as soon as i follow the proper rules on the road, i tend to get the weirdest reactions back - either the people on the motorway exit are pretty unsure whether they should pull out if i let them, or not, or - most commonly - the truck behind me just goes completely nuts and starts honking and flashing me permanently.

This junction is actually by far the most busiest part of the C-D road, where you usually get stuck in traffic jams before the crossing point of the two roads. I think the situation would escalate way less if people going there just kept calm and watched out for the road signs. Because some truckers coming down from the motorway insist quite badly on their right of way, ending in sub-optimal situations if the traffic on the scenic road does the same thing. So please, people, just behave like you would in real-life traffic, and give the few trucks coming from the motorway the opportunity to pull out of there. Believe me, this doesn't hurt too much... ;)

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Exactly. The problem on that road, the junctions, the fuel stations, is always people. People that don't know or don't care. If people respected the traffic rules, that road would be awesome to drive on. Instead, it's chaos, complete madness, people overtaking with oncoming traffic, crashing, pushing others out of the road, driving on the grass, entering the fuel stations from the wrong side and causing more jams, ignoring every single road sign they see. Maybe the junction is messed up and in real life the signs are the other way, making it for the road traffic to have the priority and the highway exiting traffic to have the yield signs, but that's how they are in the game and you're driving in the game, not in real life. If I see a yield sign and there's traffic coming on the priority road, I don't wonder/care how that junction would be in real life, I slow down and stop if necessary to let the priority traffic go. And yes... That makes me to be flashed, honked at, shouted at and even insulted. I just ignore all those braindeads who don't know how to behave and keep playing my way. You don't like having me in front of your truck, 2 options: F7+Enter and even better: Alt+F4.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived