Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Map to show where friends are

Suggestion Name: Map to show where friends are
Suggestion Description: There is a map that can be used with the admin panel to see where reports are (saw on clarkinators stream), what if we could have a map similar to that one but one that tells us where our friends are.

Any example images

Why should it be added?: It should be added because then we can open the map (in-built into mod) not the SCS one and can see on the map where are friends locations are and can come and surprise them :D 

It could update based on how the user wants or it can be constant real-time.

For example, every 10 minutes update the map automatically, there could also be an option to manually refresh the map to show where your friends are.

If no friends are online it will just say that no friends could be found.

Looks... The idea seems to be very good, but I think it would even more lagged the multiplayer.

Every dlc they put, like accessories for example leaves the multiplayer more lagged, and sure will come many more dlc...

And this will delay more multiplayer being already lagged

More if the developers think that this will not affect lagging the server, I support this suggestion :)

PT-BR / PT / ESP / ENG

*Recent suggestions*

Smart GPS: Click Here

A more practical report system: Click Here

I could see potential abuse for it... I'll say -1 but let me explain why.

• It could cause more lag for people who has crappy PC/Internet
  • It'll be easier for Mr Creep to follow you regardless if you want it or not
  • It might be a source of distraction when driving, hence potentially causing a wreck when used inappropriately

I just don't feel it would fit in, but that's just me.

KkdaC1b.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good proposal!  

On 19.2.2017 at 11:31 PM, tompa said:

better if we could see a the green icon all the time  on the map ingame, so you know where they are

If I also last for it and a good idea, it wouldalso interest me, finally, there are thepoints also in the navigation. 
And should a function give to see only hisfriends.

It is very helpful for the virtual forwardingagencies, one always has to do questionswhere the people are z. b. Convoy `go seeetc.

• 1 year later...

For that purpose, the ets2map can be used. It is not really hard to find out where your friends are and unlike the reports, there are only a few friends. Not the entire server population is on your friend's list and should that be the case, you will have to ask yourself whether they are really true friends.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.