After a crash...

Drufsen

Hi everyone! ^_^
I have a little question/idea: What if you could apologize to the people you have accidentally crashed into, here on the forum. ^_^

It may be kind off "not so smart", but it may would work. So I will start, and I'll just see if others catch on:

I apologize for driving into others on the Calais-Duisburg this evening. I was driving in my black car and multiple times I did not brake in time, causing me to drive in to the person in front. So I just wan to say that I am terribly sorry for my really bad driving this evening.

AB Baitans Transport | [Driver] [Leader]

This is good idea, i like it :troll:

Actually I really can't recall when last time i crashed someone but before several months a guy was taking off from service area slowly in an uncrowded city. Usually I am patient driver and i like to wait behind them like in real life but i don't know why i just don't wanted to wait so with a sharp maneuver to left i swiftly passed him through but just after I passed him I couldn't straight up my truck that fast enough and probably my right rear tire hit his front left side. I still feel guilty because of this.

I would say.

Sorry I rammed your truck the other day, my steering wheel had a bit of a spasm and it just happened.

Please know that I didn't mean to hit your truck so no hard feelings?

people who crash into me tend to get reported :P

so i just go sucks to be you or something cos i don't really crash into people accidentally or on purpose

people tend to crash into me xd

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

I'm ashamed of some of the comments in here (not going to mention names).

First, crashes happen to everyone, no matter how "perfect" their driving is. I mean sure there won't be much crashes on empty roads... or if everyone would drive like they took a professional driving course. But this is Euro Truck in multiplayer, which I expect to commonly see bad drivers.

Second, if everyone reports all the little mistakes that people do, the IGAs would be overwhelmed with tens of thousands of reports to deal with...

On a side note, I drove the car multiple times in the past. I know how unreal the handling is, like easy to flip, hard to brake, feels like a weird heavy car...

I also do know it's not recommended going over 130-140 km/h in certain areas, especially with tight turns. If you don't increase the braking intensity, you're going to have a hell of a great time in there.

Nonetheless, there's many scenarios that could be avoided, but if you did a mistake, what would you do? I'd say sorry in the chat. But if the driver still keeps yelling "REPORT", he/she obviously woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I've had that happening before, and all I do is I keep the video. It might be his/her fault, it might be yours, or both. I've never got banned ever, and I'm still surprised that my profile is still clean. You can check for yourself, I have no penalties on record.

KkdaC1b.png

I am what you call a realistic driver in ets2 but even I make mistakes lol I was in a lagged out area and even though the road was clear I moved out through a red light and got hit by a female driver who was in the right and being honest I don't know who she is but dam.... after I said sorry we had a nice little conversation and both went our separate ways wishing each other a safe journey... She understood what I was trying to do and I understood I ran a red light even though I get rammed a lot with over takers/speeders and so forth I rarely cause an accident but the simple sorry in game chat and asking how her truck was it was a rather pleasant experience even though I know it was most likely never have a convo and nice accident like that again we are all human and accidents happen in real life and people have to understand that children play this game who cant legally drive yet so rules may not come to them as they do to us older generation....

Anyway female driver was a pleasure meeting you and hope to truck we you again ;) 

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

5 hours ago, LordBenji said:

^^^^ I Agree ^^^^

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

14 hours ago, LordBenji said:

First, crashes happen to everyone, no matter how "perfect" their driving is. I mean sure there won't be much crashes on empty roads... or if everyone would drive like they took a professional driving course. But this is Euro Truck in multiplayer, which I expect to commonly see bad drivers.

Second, if everyone reports all the little mistakes that people do, the IGAs would be overwhelmed with tens of thousands of reports to deal with...

On a side note, I drove the car multiple times in the past. I know how unreal the handling is, like easy to flip, hard to brake, feels like a weird heavy car...

I also do know it's not recommended going over 130-140 km/h in certain areas, especially with tight turns. If you don't increase the braking intensity, you're going to have a hell of a great time in there.

Nonetheless, there's many scenarios that could be avoided, but if you did a mistake, what would you do? I'd say sorry in the chat. But if the driver still keeps yelling "REPORT", he/she obviously woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I've had that happening before, and all I do is I keep the video. It might be his/her fault, it might be yours, or both. I've never got banned ever, and I'm still surprised that my profile is still clean. You can check for yourself, I have no penalties on record.

That is different, he is saying if he crashes into someone he wants people to come here to say sorry after the crash has happened. I've had people crash into me and they've apologised and i've said that is ok I accept your apology but you know when someone is driving dangerous on purpose and ram straight into you, apologies are not accepted for that I'm afraid.

^^ Agreed. The way I drive in the game, I'm not so likely to crash into some other players, but there's a high chance that I'll be the cause of accidents. Imagine the infamous C-D road, there's the German stretch where speed limit is 60 Km/h. So I drive 60 Km/h max. That makes lots of other drivers to overtake dangerously. I try and let all possible space, driving with my right wheels almost out of the road, but even then, I'm constantly being hit by overtakers merging in too soon because there's an oncoming truck. If I see an apology and my truck wasn't badly damaged, I'll do nothing but type "no problem", "don't worry" or similar. But... If someone decides that the road is a racing track, comes 100+ Km/h, hits my truck and just keeps driving, that someone will have a video-report for reckless driving and ramming waiting to be claimed.

About the OP idea, I'm sorry, but like some others have said, I don't see the point. Most of the MP players don't use the forums, so it's mostly pointless to apologize here. If for any reasons I'm involved in an accident/crash and I feel that I can be at fault, I'll immediately apologize in the chat. Last one, I was coming out of a repair station, saw a car coming but didn't see how fast it was coming. Thinking that I had the time, didn't stop and the other driver couldn't stop in time, hitting my truck (very lightly, I must say). Even when it's both players fault, mine for not yielding, his/hers for driving too fast inside the city, I understood that it was me who had to stop, so I put my emergency lights, opened the chat and apologized. I don't know if I was reported or not, but I have no bans, so I believe my apologies were accepted. Or maybe the report was declined... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived