Smart GPS

User_175326

If this can be implemented as said before I think it would be a major advantage and really help make it a better experience when playing so you can see who is coming in what direction more clearly and see who is overtaking etc.

+1

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

excellent idea,ı agree with you.I'm sure most players will be happy when this nice idea is added to the game.

from me  +1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If it was able to use the TruckersMP API to reroute you away from congested routes (update due to traffic situations) then this would also be beneficial for larger convoys.  

+1 to the idea

• 3 weeks later...

This is good suggestion, but idk how small the symbols will appear to the gps haha, but i like your suggestion. +1

This is indeed one of the best suggestion. I would like to see this implemented but as said above the size of the symbol might be a question? It should be nor too big nor too small, but overall yes, +1 for this idea.

• Upvote 2

It's interesting, it will help many people and there will certainly be a lot less accidents with this method, but we must always keep our eyes on the GPS

• 4 weeks later...

Good suggestion.

It can be hard to tell the difference between oncoming and same-way traffic when they load in on the edge of the GPS.

It would help to reduce collisions, especially those caused by high speed oncoming traffic (100MPH/160KPH+), combined with the limited render distance on the game. It could give the trucks involved that split second of extra time to react and avoid an accident.

I was driving on the C-D road at 50 mph with a heavy cargo, people inevitably want to overtake, and they did. They crashed into the oncoming truck that was doing about 120MPH (180kph) that had no time to brake. If me, the overtaking truck and the oncoming truck had had more warning we could have all taken action, and avoided the incident (I could have run up the grass and stopped etc). But there was not enough time to react.

A simple solution is to drive as fast as you can see, so this direction arrow isn't necessary. But people will always go so fast that they cannot 'see' their stopping distance. This addition would help all involved to avoid incidents.

A big +1 from me :)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Project Manager

Hello,

I think it would be a good idea except I don't think it will stop those who want to overtake from causing mayhem. But nevertheless still a good idea.

+1 from me.

Have a good evening all,

Whitelodge

• Upvote 1

Kind Regards,

Whitelodge

spacer.png | spacer.png

Event Request | Event Calendar | Feedback | Events

• 2 weeks later...

Having reviewed the discussion I came to conclusion this implementation will not be very useful. Assuming you are overtaking safely (On a straight road) the player won't suddenly turn into you or elsewhere. This suggestion will mostly be useless as you can distinguish where the player is going by judging their speed, behaviour and also indication. 

Rejected.

• Confused 2

Q9n6SSI.png

• Kap. locked this topic