Smart GPS

User_175326

The posts were hidden by me - Suggestions are open for discussions, so People can point possible flaws and add more stuff, so the suggestion can be improved - simply posting "+1 I like the suggestion" doesn't help to improve it in any way - If you like/agree/support the suggestion, simply up-vote it:

d68c2e9c8b0b4dd9887e50c60f7b67ba.jpeg

And just to remind you :

• No useless posting or spamming

Post deleted / verbal warning / warning point / ban - Do not post posts with little to no content or spam.

• Upvote 2

Apoio a iniciativa , muito boa a ideia... isso ficaria legal , se de um lado fosse uma cor e de outro seria outra cor !! ou as flechas que ele indicou na imagem !! aprovo essa ideia sim ! Oh Yes !!

• 2 weeks later...

I like this suggestion, as things go many times you can't be sure if the dot on minimap is heading to and this could improve the multiplayer gameplay.

• Upvote 1

How to Report   Supported Mods   Launcher Error Solutions   Rules  Ban Appeal   Contact Support

In case there is a problem where I can help, feel free to contact me by PM.

On 19.2.2017 at 6:54 PM, Sr.Malboro said:
Suggestion Name: Smart GPS
Suggestion Description: The difference for this new GPS mode is that it will indicate the direction in which the other players are.

Any example images:

Why should it be added?: This would help a lot in overtaking for example... Many improper overtaking and accidents happen because the player can not identify the direction in which the other player is heading.

In my opinion, it is another distraction from road traffic and it can lead to misjudgment of traffic.

Remember to always pay attention to the road when driving.

Never let other things like GPS, radio, mobile phone, snacks/ drinks distract you.

They are of minor importance and should be avoided while driving.

Drive safely!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

In my opinion, it is another distraction from road traffic and it can lead to misjudgment of traffic.

Remember to always pay attention to the road when driving.

Well, if we were to think like that, would not need any dot in the GPS...  When launched the multiplayer did not have the dot, they put the dot because they found useful, they thought it would ease accidents, and it worked.

So since there is the dot what would be the difference of an arrow indicating the direction ?!

PT-BR / PT / ESP / ENG

*Recent suggestions*

Smart GPS: Click Here

A more practical report system: Click Here

Great idea. Hopefully though we can also fix the issue where the icons overlap and are hard to see when truks get closer to eachother on the road. It can often be hard to see what side of the orad some trucks are on when there are many icons (blue dots) jumbled on top of each other. 

• Upvote 1

I would like this ingame but with a toggle switch like Show Player Travelling directions ON/OFF or Tick/Untick sth like that. because imagine a admin keeping an eye on cd road and already we see loads of blips on gps i dont want it to be more clustered.

With a traffic jam on that road it looks like a snake on the satnav.

Back to topic +1 but only if were toggle able  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MrHarv98 said:

Back to topic +1 but only if were toggle able  

Option to activate / deactivate the direction would be a good,  yeah ! at the crossing of Calais - Duisburg with or without direction arrow is impossible to identify. ( And it has a suggestion to put a dot in the gps also for the trailers, imagine 2 point for each player :huh: )

There ( C-D crossing ) the only solution is paying much attention in traffic, but in the same road in places but far from the intersection would be useful the arrow of direction.

PT-BR / PT / ESP / ENG

*Recent suggestions*

Smart GPS: Click Here

A more practical report system: Click Here

@Joao Rodrigues It only takes a little fraction second to surf your eyes at the GPS. I do it from time to time along with looking at player list (tab) in some scenarios. Most of the time, I'm watching the road, as you always need to pay attention to what's ahead and around you. There's always people coming from behind or ahead that might potentially wreck. The GPS with dots (and maybe arrows) is a tool to assist you while driving.  

• Upvote 1

KkdaC1b.png

Cool idea imo. just to add on; maybe a specific colour for left/right lane. that way let's say a scenario where you and your friends are on the correct lane heading towards Paris. A specific colour (for example; white) showing your friends traveling in the same direction on the same correct lanes as you. But maybe a troll who is on the same lanes as you and your friends but traveling away from Paris and towards you may show up as (for example purposes; red). That said, players travelling away from Paris and towards you but are on the right side of the road, they show up as (for example purposes; green).

but yes like what some others might have said, the GPS is an assist-only tool and shouldn't rely too heavily on it to make out what's happening on the road.. eyes on the road ahead is always your best option. Nonetheless I respect the idea.. have a good one :)

• Upvote 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 10 months later...