Smart GPS

User_175326

5 minutes ago, 3567- said:

These are some good ideas that you are suggesting!

Thanks bro ^_^

4 minutes ago, EnLight said:

If this can be added it would be very helpful.

This is a nice idea. +1 

Thank you for reply :rolleyes:

PT-BR / PT / ESP / ENG

*Recent suggestions*

Smart GPS: Click Here

A more practical report system: Click Here

Not a bad suggestion, actually.

It would definitely be helpful in overtaking on the C-D road, even though you are not meant to overtake there either way.

But nontheless, a good suggestion. +1

Edited by DJ Lewis
  • Upvote 1

If my comment helped you in any way, or you found it funny, click this button ↗↗↗

76561198170110153.png  Truckers.FM No.1 Trance and Dance DJ  SCS Closed Beta-Tester 

Hello @Sr.Malboro,

I think that is would be pretty useful, indeed. I do not see any disadvantages (yet) so I'd like to see this implemented.

When it comes to the visibility and when players

31 minutes ago, The Scottish Lad said:

might not [be] able to see it clearly

then I'd suggest that they use the "zoom" that came to the game some months ago.

Even though it is not really necessary while driving on the highway, it would make things way better when driving on country roads in rural places.

Thumbs up! +1 :)

Kind regards ;)

1 hour ago, The Scottish Lad said:

That's pretty good but I'm not sure how small it would be as some players might not able to see it clearly.

About the visibility in crowded places, only testing and see which symbol is most visible...

Examples of symbols: 67KzUjo.jpg

But if you're not in crowded places, of course the direction indication on the GPS will help a lot.

16 minutes ago, Kravaty said:

*cough*

I had not seen this suggestion, if joining the two would look interesting ...

But if you think I copied your suggestion, it has nothing to do, mine is different ...

Besides being more practical because not everyone walks with the TAB appearing ...
It shows the direction that the other player is in any direction ...

PT-BR / PT / ESP / ENG

*Recent suggestions*

25 minutes ago, Sr.Malboro said:

About the visibility in crowded places, only testing and see which symbol is most visible...

Examples of symbols: 67KzUjo.jpg

But if you're not in crowded places, of course the direction indication on the GPS will help a lot.

I had not seen this suggestion, if joining the two would look interesting ...

But if you think I copied your suggestion, it has nothing to do, mine is different ...

Besides being more practical because not everyone walks with the TAB appearing ...
It shows the direction that the other player is in any direction ...

The circle and arrow looks fantastic!

I think though that there should be an option to disable it as well cause in crowded places, it might take a toll on slow internet connections with all of the movements of the arrows and receiving the update from the players movements.

I think this will not affect much as there is already the location of the person on the map, what will change is just the arrow pointing the direction of the front of the vehicle.

Maybe in crowded places, most people who have a bad internet or pc already have to avoid crowded places, To prevent the computer from locking and you end up being banned by ''blocking'' :wacko:

PT-BR / PT / ESP / ENG

*Recent suggestions*

I totally support this idea! Big +1 from me! :D 

I would prefer seeing the direction of users in the GPS than @Kravaty's idea of showing it in the tab. Sorry Kravaty, I just feel it would be more convenient for me, because I don't have the time to look at 80+ players in the tab list. :wacko:

But hey, can I suggest a small modification to this suggestion? I'll steal Kravaty's idea of distinguishing people at stop (or barely moving). :troll: I'm just messing around, all credits goes to you Kravaty for suggesting to show people not moving. My thought was about showing the arrow when someone is moving a certain minimum speed, otherwise it would just show a dot in the GPS.

On 19/02/2017 at 5:14 PM, Sentinel127 said:

I think though that there should be an option to disable it as well cause in crowded places, it might take a toll on slow internet connections with all of the movements of the arrows and receiving the update from the players movements.

Did you mean adding an option to disable player's orientation? I know there's currently an option to simply hide players in the GPS.

And on a side note about sending/receiving data about the truck movements, I think there could be optimization in the multiplayer mod. But I honestly have no clue on how exactly the developer implemented it.

• Upvote 1

KkdaC1b.png

And now, @Hannes (GER), you should know the legislation or better, TMP traffic laws. 

If so, you would have (especially as a veteran driver)  known that parking anywhere on C-D is strictly prohibitedand will be punished.  

Take this into account next time. 

I really, really like this. Much better than dots xD - also another idea, for symbols. You can always keep dots, however, maybe color half of the circle with red, which would be the rear.

Also, short ban for parking? May be a little off-topic, but I do hope that someone pulling over to run to the restroom, is safe from that lol.

• Upvote 1