A more practical report system

User_175326

Suggestion Name: A simple report system
Suggestion Description: Well, in places with a lot of players, it's difficult for you to find an ID, in C-D for example, if you stop for look a ID, you end up losing your attention in traffic and delaying traffic inadvertently . So here I am to give an example of a simple and practical report system.

* There would not necessarily be so many options... Sort by id and name It would be good... Or just the option to put the player ID.

Any example images

hw4KmiV.png

Why should it be added?: This would make it much easier, because looking for the player's ID takes time, most of the time you do not even have time to find it because the player has already left the place.

If you liked the idea let a ''like'' and comment :D

Edited by Sr.Malboro
  • Upvote 11

PT-BR / PT / ESP / ENG

*Recent suggestions*

Smart GPS: Click Here

A more practical report system: Click Here

The option to make the players list sortable by any field has been suggested before, with this idea partially in mind (sorting by ID), but also you could sort players by distance, to see those closer to you at the top of the list. This suggestion includes even more options, the search ID window is pretty good IMO. Of course, anyone can do /pinfo ID in the chat, but for that you need to use the keyboard and for those using a wheel like myself, with the keyboard not so reachable, the TAB window and the report button is a lot more useful. About adding a chat command to /report ID, that was the system before the one we have now and it was removed because the format was /report <ID> 'reason' and people would write every kind of reasons in every language possible, making it very difficult for admins to handle those reports properly, so I don't think that they will bring that option back.

EDIT: I forgot to give my +1, sorry ;)

Edited by FernandoCR
  • Upvote 1

Also, it would be nice to get some feedback regarding reports (if the report was accepted by an admin and the result of it). If you report a player in game and they have been reported recently, you just get a message that they have already been reported. I'm not sure if a player can get multiple reports. Player reports should be prioritised based on the amount of reports they get but from what I understand a player can only be reported once. 

• Upvote 1

^^ That's correct. There's a suggestion (I believe) asking to make it possible that players can be reported more than once, so admins can see the "top reported" and attend those first, but I don't agree with that suggestion. The amount of reports that the "chaos-zones" generate would make them to be top priority during a long time each day, causing that most reports from other areas would be unattended. IMO that would be unfair to people who choose to avoid those chaotic areas. About the feedback, when players are kicked or banned by an admin within a certain distance from you, you can see blue messages in the chat area of the screen, showing who was punished and the admin who did it. When driving through the C-D road at peak hours, you should be seeing lots of those messages.

Edited by FernandoCR
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sven67 said:

That you when you click on the players on the list if you want to report click on it and you have all the information :)

@Sven67 I know, but in places with more than 50 players nearby, it's a bit difficult to find a particular player don't you think? :P

Edited by Sr.Malboro

PT-BR / PT / ESP / ENG

*Recent suggestions*

I have a neutral opinion on this. I mean, of course it would be useful, but necessary? Thats a different case. I like the idea, the report system (as it is now) is (in busy areas) time consuming and hard to identify the different players - but if and when i have to report a player, i normally use the /pinfo instead. On busy roads like C-D it would become a clusterf*** no matter how nice the categorys in the report system is put up (in my opinion of course). ;)

I don't understand why this would be simple and practical. So I am neutral.
But a simple and practical report system would be:
/r 1345 parking on road

^ my opinion (I know /r is already assigned to /reply not a big deal /rr ? :D )

@Dwarf04 You just described the report system we had before the TAB option was implemented. When you wanted to report a player, you had to open the chat and type /report <id> <reason>. And it was changed, mostly because <reason> was anything the player wanted to write there. Imagine you see a report: "Report 12345 This guy was coming fast driving like a lunatic I tried to avoid but swerved and hit my truck gave me 30% damage and even insulted me on the CB radio, then kept driving "

And now imagine you see that in Chinese. Or Korean or any other languages. The TAB system is cleaner.

• Upvote 1

On 02/03/2017 at 6:45 AM, AllstarDK said:

I have a neutral opinion on this. I mean, of course it would be useful, but necessary? Thats a different case. I like the idea, the report system (as it is now) is (in busy areas) time consuming and hard to identify the different players - but if and when i have to report a player, i normally use the /pinfo instead. On busy roads like C-D it would become a clusterf*** no matter how nice the categorys in the report system is put up (in my opinion of course). ;)

We have to think of two situations:

1 ° If someone has blocked the road for example, until you go to report through the site, the person will have left the place a long time, even if the punishment comes later. So with the report in the TAB, an administrator '' meets you in real time ''

2 ° Not everyone has a good PC to play ETS quietly, for these people it is difficult in most cases impossible to open the game + a video recording program.

So we have to visualize this project not only in our point of view, that is, you have a pc in which everything runs on ultra, has shadowplay because your video card is modern ...

But there are people who play with the graphics at the very least and still have lag ...

PT-BR / PT / ESP / ENG

*Recent suggestions*

• 5 months later...

I agree with this post. Here's my spin on it.  Allow the option to sort the players on the tab menu by In game ID or Distance, This would make it easier to identify people who need reporting as I constantly see report videos of people scrolling up and down lists of ID's. Although the history menu helps it doesn't solve every problem. 

• Upvote 1

76561198156098217.png || status.png|| tbdl

Currently: 169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.3799d5821e5418f1e7f90e9025c25f07.png || 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png || 1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b44684b362beaaf0d467874cc636b90.png
Former: 320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab994248e1702aca34608fe9fef.png || role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d1c00c4aa0.png || 1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed19b45f1a4578f523eb15a14e464.png || 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0bdc461dcc23eb1025208aa6b8c4.png

• 4 months later...
On 2/19/2017 at 12:40 PM, SenioRR said:

Also, it would be nice to get some feedback regarding reports (if the report was accepted by an admin and the result of it). If you report a player in game and they have been reported recently, you just get a message that they have already been reported. I'm not sure if a player can get multiple reports. Player reports should be prioritised based on the amount of reports they get but from what I understand a player can only be reported once. 

I honestly believe this would be another great feature to implement as well as the one that was originally stated. If anything, just let us know when an admin has taken the report so we know it's being dealt with and doesn't need to be progressed further if you see the dude again. 

+1

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...