Sudden change in traffic?

mdowner

Mainly for the community!

I haven't been here for a good two, three months. Yet I return and all of a sudden, Europort is peaceful, and this road Calais to Duesberg ( sorry if spelling is bad ) is the new europort, if not worse?

Why has all of a sudden traffic movement changed? I just find it quite bemusing!

They changed some stuff or not, I don't even know.

I think the road blocks did it or because of the way the ferry works and where the players are more inclined to go based on GPS.

I don't know if anybody really knows exactly why players have changed where they drive. Regardless, welcome back. Drive safe.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

I think a very large convoy went down the road once, word spread fast of this new exciting queue, and the road became the nightmare it is today.  Even before the C-D road became a nightmare, it had loads of gotta go fast drivers and some very tight corners creating plenty of locations for accidents to happen.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

I think actually most of the traffic that was created at the Calais-Duisburg road didn't end there just because of a YouTuber or the challenging, twisty parts of the road. I think the shift of the traffic movements is just a result of the constant map expansions. Back in the past, when Scandinavia wasn't out yet, Europoort was the main connection between the UK and the rest of Europe. However, nowadays the UK isn't that crowded anymore, as a result Europoort lost it's importance to the traffic around.

Moreover, if you just look at the two newest map expansions, Scandinavia and Vive la France, the Calais Duisburg road is actually more or less a direct link between these two, and since usually the later DLCs are the areas that see the biggest population in MP, Calais-Duisburg is very busy at the moment. I think the road itself wouldn't actually be all that bad, it's just the one junction with the motorway coming from Rotterdam (i guess it is Rotterdam, correct me if i'm wrong), where people usually just tend to ignore the road signs and traffic laws, as a result there is usually a huge traffic jam in this area as both roads of the junction are rather busy. And of course these days everyone knows about the driving challenges you will encounter on this specific road, meaning some players (including myself to be honest) are searching for routes that will lead them across Calais-Duisburg road, just for the entertainment value and challenge of this drive.

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Hello @mdowner

let me quickly demonstrate the current situation with some screenshots I've taken:

I quickly edited this images with Paint, so don't expect masterpieces, please.

The red coloured parts of the road are supposed to show high traffic areas whereas the purple parts indicate total mayhem. The pictures are in the spoiler below to prevent this post from being too long.

Spoiler

hCq0cqO.png

wCp3mkU.png

3PyN0UH.png

How and why it happened has already been explained by previous answers so I am not going to repeat this. :)

Kind regards ;)

Not sure how it actually started but I like the busy/crazy areas and used to spend alot of my time going through EP nut then when that started to get quite and I heard on the fourms about the C - D road I went there :P I'm assuming thats how alot of people just went there aswell

Kinda sad that Europort is now so quite :( I miss it being busy :( Is still go there sometimes

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Yeah, it's a mystery. I used to drive down that road. It was very pleasant. Pretty quiet, pretty sights, etc. Then suddenly, BAM! It's as if Rotterdam and Europport got on together and had a baby. And this baby is Death Road (that's how I like to call that road). It's about two to three times worst than both those places combined. It started kind of overnight last November, too. One day it was quiet and peaceful as usual then on the next it was utter chaos. And so it has been ever since. It caught me by surprise when the madness began and nobody seems to really know why it is happening. It's not like something in the game changed or anything.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

• 3 weeks later...

Archived