It's raining about 90% of the time

rolypolyman

Mod Version: Version 0.1.3

Controllers Used: Mouse

Description of Issue: It is raining almost all the time, including when the skies show sunshine and no clouds.

How to reproduce: Drive in the game and take note of the frequency of rain.

Screenshots / Videos: None.

I don't know if weather is passed back and forth between server and client or is strictly client-side, but it is nearly always raining while I play ETS2MP/EU1. In Options > Gameplay > Rain Probability I have the slider moved all the way to the left. I have tried both left and right positions and it has no effect. Is this an ETS2MP server problem or something with my configuration?

Sadly a work in progress as in admin ban reason "Wrong way" ;)

But that's a personal opinion about "syncing" thing by "adding non-official content"

First of all, not related to the thread. Secondly, what do you mean? You can't add non-official content anyway, because if we ban you for Wrong way, because you aren't on an official map, then your breaking another rule which is using unsupported mods so you can't win here.

However on topic, I did notice that the rain frequency was right up on 0.1.3, but I've not been playing much on 0.1.3 r2, but what I have seen is that it's dropped a bit although I might be wrong as I don't drive that much.

First of all, not related to the thread. Secondly, what do you mean? You can't add non-official content anyway, because if we ban you for Wrong way, because you aren't on an official map, then your breaking another rule which is using unsupported mods so you can't win here.

However on topic, I did notice that the rain frequency was right up on 0.1.3, but I've not been playing much on 0.1.3 r2, but what I have seen is that it's dropped a bit although I might be wrong as I don't drive that much.

Sorry, my bad english and sense of humour... Here it is better explanation for sentence above (heck, where did you even get the map mods or external mods topic) 

Devs, not us, added forced non-official content --- in this case snow texture is now seen on players "without" winter-mod (default SCS weather), not just winter-mod... From my point of view, this is "wrong way" , on legal level and not even optional this time. They tried to sync weather, but their server's rain probability is almost like 100%, server. Currrently weather sync attempt is not even at alpha state to put on alpha testing. It's better they look for other ways of doing this like using "i" flag on g_force_weather etc. 

On other hand, this current snow  on sunny summer day with no clouds in the sky means non-stop wipers, constant blurred windshield while trying to drive carefully effectively disturbing optical nerves once come from a light source  (monitor in this case) , may cause unwanted health problems. I'm not even counting FPS drops on low to top-mid range computers.

PS: I can not break any more rule now ;)

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

I like TSM. It had a bug after the last update whereby if I went to certain places the game crashed. I stopped using that Profile until the bug was fixed.

Why if the Winter Mod has never been enabled by me and it causes my game to malfunction to the point that with my bad weather slider at zero I get snow 90% of the time. Why has the Mod not been removed from MP until it has been fixed? As far as I can tell this Mod has been in use here for about 21 days, if the bug cannot be fixed in that tat time remove it.

How many use that Winter Mod anyway?

As much as I am enjoying MP playing with a limited view and wipers on 90% of the time is terrible. I'll stay offline and check in from time to time to see if that thing is either fixed or removed.

Sorry, my bad english and sense of humour... Here it is better explanation for sentence above (heck, where did you even get the map mods or external mods topic) 

Devs, not us, added forced non-official content --- in this case snow texture is now seen on players "without" winter-mod (default SCS weather), not just winter-mod... From my point of view, this is "wrong way" , on legal level and not even optional this time. They tried to sync weather, but their server's rain probability is almost like 100%, server. Currrently weather sync attempt is not even at alpha state to put on alpha testing. It's better they look for other ways of doing this like using "i" flag on g_force_weather etc. 

On other hand, this current snow  on sunny summer day with no clouds in the sky means non-stop wipers, constant blurred windshield while trying to drive carefully effectively disturbing optical nerves once come from a light source  (monitor in this case) , may cause unwanted health problems. I'm not even counting FPS drops on low to top-mid range computers.

PS: I can not break any more rule now ;)

I find it strange that you get a snow teexture when not using the winter mod since I get a rain texture when I disable the winter mod.

Like Max said it is a work in progress and yes, the rain probability is way too high on 0.1.3 r2 (it rains about 2 times a day and somtimes the whole day). As far as frame issues goes I'm not experiencing more frame drops than I get usually in the MP mod (using an HD 6850 graphics card, which is getting old after 3 years of use).

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

I like TSM. It had a bug after the last update whereby if I went to certain places the game crashed. I stopped using that Profile until the bug was fixed.

Why if the Winter Mod has never been enabled by me and it causes my game to malfunction to the point that with my bad weather slider at zero I get snow 90% of the time. Why has the Mod not been removed from MP until it has been fixed? As far as I can tell this Mod has been in use here for about 21 days, if the bug cannot be fixed in that tat time remove it.

How many use that Winter Mod anyway?

As much as I am enjoying MP playing with a limited view and wipers on 90% of the time is terrible. I'll stay offline and check in from time to time to see if that thing is either fixed or removed.

I use WinterMod all the time, and I think it,s awesome.

And I never had game crash with it enabled

76561198141163609.png