Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

How the years have affected this school

xOceanSpirit

So there is a school beside where I live which has been sitting for 6 years unused. 5% of it is still used by the community centre, the other 95% sits lonely.

I attended this school in year 7 but left in year 8 as I didn't like it and we were moving house. I never knew it was boarded up until I moved back to near the school. I was amazed on how much it had changed.

Below are 2 links, one is from Google maps in 2009, the other is a video. My brother, sister and brother-in-law all attended this school, so to bring back memories, I took some photos of both inside and outside the school and uploaded it to Youtube.

The outside is easy to access, the gate is always open, and the inside, access was granted by the Caretaker. I do not condone trespassing, I had the right to be where I was at that time.

Whilst I admit some of you may not be interested in this sort of thing, I for one certainly am.

Google 2009

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.972446,-1.4263185,3a,60y,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sj52PWzRNPU2vHW-jKP3mEw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

How it looks today (The first photo is the same one as the link to Google maps shows). Might I remind you no editing, except placing the photos in the correct order, took place. ALSO, the council are currently in the process of removing the grey cabins seen throughout the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77iMhqSfZWk

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

z_siteimages%5Cimg_2074_1395921187_826_2

4601768346.png

This is actually a really nice video to show how time affected the building. But i also have to admit that the building itself already seemed to be worn down quite badly, i don't know if that's a result of the age of it or just bad upkeep. The location itself seems to have great potential, even though i'm not aware of the surroundings, it looks like it got plenty of space with nice sport facilities on the outside right in the middle of a nice residential area. And from the inside it looked more like a prison to me than an actual school (but maybe i was just lucky in that regards as the school i attended was only a few years old and in pretty good shape). Do you know if they plan to build a new school there, or is it supposed to build something completely different on that property?

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Nice video, watching stuff about abandoned buildings and such is one of my guilty pleasures on YT :P

@[ST-B] T.Rucker I don't know what it is, but every school building seems to wear out quickly, or at least the ones I've visited. The first primary school I went to was very large, but the buildings were badly maintained and very 1980s. Also they had constant problems with money and vandalism. It's still in use today however very little has changed since I left 9 years ago (even their website is still the same). My 2nd primary school (where I did my final half year of 6th grade) and secondary weren't too bad, but both were built less than 10 years ago at the time of when I visited those - and since then they've had to renovate both of them.

8mOP210.png  g8VsuFF.png  4vle33y.png

^ Same :)

@[ST-B] T.Rucker It was barely maintained when it was open, I think when the council knew it would be closing soon, they abandoned any due repairs. Half of the school was boarded up internally due to "structural damage", even the caretaker isn't allowed in that side of the school.

There is an update, see the white cabins at the back? They are now gone!  The council came with a huge crane and a few trucks and took it away :) I will check it out later, the school may be getting prepped for demolition! But I don't think so, I think they just wanted to make some $$$ off reselling those cabins. I can see the building standing for many more years.

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

4601768346.png

Quite a lot of school in the UK look run down, That closed for 5 years looks, the same as my old school looks now, and I finished there years ago. 

One of my friends schools is the same, I went in hers once and it looked even more run down that mine. Only one school in my district looks new, but mine had been open for 50 years when I was in year 10 so it's got a bit of age to it. 

The ceiling in my gym is starting to fall so instead of rebuilding the gym they just put a really big net under the ceiling.

The Maths and English classrooms carpets are disintegrating, Ceilings covered in stains, The science block burnt down due to an electrical fault, The tech isle was closed for a month to remove asbestos. 

Plus, My school was rated the best public school in the Area lmao :D 

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

7 hours ago, Miles! said:

Quite a lot of school in the UK look run down, That closed for 5 years looks, the same as my old school looks now, and I finished there years ago. 

One of my friends schools is the same, I went in hers once and it looked even more run down that mine. Only one school in my district looks new, but mine had been open for 50 years when I was in year 10 so it's got a bit of age to it. 

The ceiling in my gym is starting to fall so instead of rebuilding the gym they just put a really big net under the ceiling.

The Maths and English classrooms carpets are disintegrating, Ceilings covered in stains, The science block burnt down due to an electrical fault, The tech isle was closed for a month to remove asbestos. 

Plus, My school was rated the best public school in the Area lmao :D 

wow.

^ Oh, when I was inside the school itself...the adrenaline was rushing through me, I didn't want to stop exploring, but I ran out of areas to explore! The rest of the school was internally boarded up and only the council have the key.

I might ask them for permission to get in, but I seriously doubt it will happen.

4601768346.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived