Sentinel.

Nokia 3310 Return

Guest Tuxy Fluffyclaws

I'll get one if they do come out with it.

Finally, I can buy a brand new Nokia and have it's full capability to destroy my school in 1 drop!

But in all seriousness, I love the nostalgia these companies are bringing back. Even Sinclair is making a reappearance in 2017!

I have the -also- legendary Nokia 3320. Out of ignorance I kept the battery inside when I retired it years ago and it leaked some. It damaged something in the board and now, though the phone works, it drains TOO MUCH power. It takes several hours to even start charging but once it does, it can drain a full charge (I got it a new battery, btw) within minutes. :( I miss having the thing working fully. Either way, my model is CDMA so I would not be able to have a phone line in it anymore, since that type of network has been shutdown over a decade ago in my country.

I wish Nokia would revive that model instead/too. :)

Edited by Mike Dragon

Guest GoodByeTruckers

N-gage must return with android.

My mother still uses 2 ~15 year old Nokias, when I got her a smartphone she didn't even want to open the box :P (she's 'modern', just not on the phone side) Anyway, I'm thinking about buying one when it comes out just for the nostalgia. 

Edited by NoTime4name

^^ Same here, more or less. My mom is using a Motorola RAZR V3, it used to be mine, I gave it to her when I switched to... I can't remember, probably one of the 1st HP iPaq models. The V3 is still working and each time we try to convince her to try something new, she just replies: "I use the cell to call and receive calls, for that, I don't need those smartphones with a instruction manual bigger than a bible" :D (best thing: She's absolutely right)

Well the old school mobile phones still were way better than modern ones to be honest. Sure, you couldn't run all these bling-bling apps, facebook, didn't have a camera etc. but seriously, i have to admit that i even use my smartphone almost only for making phone calls/messaging. I don't need to let others know if i went onto the toilet and comment whether my product there was more like a sausage or rather a fluid on facebook. And the other great thing about those old mobile phones: You could drop them from several meters high and they still were intact afterwards, try that with a smartphone...

• Upvote 1