Kicked for ping??????

Cam Harrison

Hi :)

The ping is the reaction time of your intenet connection – how fast you get a response after you've sent out a request. A fast ping means a more responsive connection, especially in applications where timing is everything (like video games). Ping is measured in milliseconds (ms).

You'll geht kicked when your Ping is higher than 600ms during a specific time.

Nothing to see here. Keep on scrolling 🫠

58 minutes ago, pablordesouza said:

This has got to be the first time I've ever had a connection issue.  Worked fine for past year or 2. 

Your internet access can fail at any time, so it's not that weird. If the problem persists, you can do several things.

Restart your router or even better, turn it off, wait for a minute and then turn it on again.

Clear all temporary stuff in your computer, temp files, internet cachés, etc. There are programs to do this, I use CCleaner.

If your computer is connected via WIFI, consider changing that to a direct ethernet connection (LAN cable).

If you see problems when connected to one of the servers, try connecting to another one and check if your ping is the same or not (you can see your ping by opening the MP window while in the game, just press TAB, a window with the nearby players will appear, you will be on top of that list and it will show your current ping time). Some times, EU#2 server is so saturated with lots of people that the ping time goes up by a lot, that's why it's good to check if the high ping disappears when connecting to a different server.

If you decide to try speedtest.net, don't let the site choose the "Best server", it will run the test between your PC and the nearest Speedtest server, the results are useless to know how your connection to the MP servers is working. Instead, drag the map and look for Roubaix, in northern France, I believe that's the nearest point to the MP EU servers and the results will be more accurate. See image in the spoiler

Spoiler

Probably just a temporary ISP routing issue or some sort of interference between you and the servers.

If it has just started happening, I wouldn't worry about it.

Turn your router off for 1 minute and then reboot it and see if that fixes your issue, if the issue continues then you should contact your ISP about the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived