Overtaking on Duisberg - Calais Road Penalty?

[ST-E] TommyWat

^

No, that would be deemed as Inappropriate Overtaking. As showcased within the rules.

Inappropriate Overtaking
Overtaking in an area of extremely low FPS, in areas with large amounts of traffic such as in Europoort, overtaking resulting in an accident or anything similar. This also includes overtaking on any 1 lane in each direction road where there is excessive traffic.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

I believe that depends on admin. Hard to give you a general answer.

Below I have stated my personal opinion and trust it at your own risk.

However I will list below some examples of bad overtaking, if you do one of those, it won't be good.

- You see a crash far on front of you and you go overtake? Well, you are most likely gonna add 1 more vehicle to the chaos on front.

- You see traffic jam and you overtake? That's not even overtaking, you have no place to merge back safely, since it's a jam. You literally drive on the wrong way.

- Overtaking on intersections, railroad, fuel station area...

- Overtaking more than 1 vehicle at once

Also I strongly recommend having a video record.

Often people who are being overtaken are griefing overtakers on purpose. If you report it, they will be in trouble not you. Couple of examples:
- Overtaken vehicle is accelarating while being overtaken.

- Overtaken vehicle is driving on the leftmost side of the lane.

- Overtaken vehicle drives too close to the vehicle on his front. (He is enforcing you to overtake 2-3 vehicles at once). (It doesn't matter if he is doing a convoy or not, he should maintain a gap from the driver on front )

I'll quote my answer I wrote in another topic, and just  to add something more @TommyWat and @JeKnYan those are bannable offences for me. I'd kick only if the player made a reckless overtake in a situation where there's not much traffic and he didn't hit anyone and wouldn't be worth a ban.

Overtaking on the Duisburg-Calais road is allowed.

Rules:

Inappropriate Overtaking

• Overtaking in an area of extremely low FPS, in areas with large amounts of traffic such as in Europoort, overtaking resulting in an accident or anything similar. This also includes overtaking on any 1 lane in each direction road where there is excessive traffic.

So if there's not heavy traffic and the overtake is safe (safe distance, no one hit etc.), overtaking there is completely fine. I don't know why you think it's not allowed to overtake there at all and who said that, but overtaking in that road is fine as long as you're not overtaking a traffic jam, causing a crash while overtaking or almost hitting someone when doing an overtake (=reckless driving).

I use this road daily and i have seen what admins does, either kickings or bannings for 1 day if it a long stretch of road of massive traffic jam and people overtakes that the penatly, some can get away with it if admins not watching or left to do something 

|| Website || ETS2 Mods || ATS Mods || RLC ||  SnowBall Media || Knowledge Base || ..:: REPORT ::..

TRUCKING , IT IN OUR DNA

LOVE TRUCKING? KEEP ON TRUCKING

RLC_Discord_Avatar-o9dhjsnf9ecgmf2wkzecuhp8gwdqe6siv46rmtzw6o.png.a1b59544b8fc365f74366d259a2c8d22.png

//\\ ELECTRICRADIO //\\

Generally you have to use your knowledge here!

Personally I would advise not overtaking, mainly as there is a High risk of collision depending where you are, and the road being single lane!

Furthermore, sometimes just waiting 10 or so minutes to get down this road is worth it, instead of risking a ban!

But if its a straight strech, and the person is going very slow for a reason, use your brain and consider whether its safe or not!

Overall I would say its risky. Having a collision is likely going to equal a ban/kick.

Archived