manualy disconect

DaFuse

Suggestion Name: Manually disconecting and reconecting
Suggestion Description: As if you are on a roadtrip and you need to get AFK for a bit, it would be really nice if you could just type something like /disconect and then be disconected. And when you are back, you can just type /reconnect and you are where you left.
I am not saying we should add a reconect command when you are kicked.  If the reconect command only activates if you first type /disconect the trolls who got kicked cant just reconect.

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: It would be nice so you dont need to restart your game and just get right back where you left
Edited by jorgenpro

Hello @jorgenpro,

the only little problem I see is, that you cannot actually use the chat while being disconnected from the server. But generally, this idea is worth mentioning but it could also quickly be abused.

Just imagine if someone commits a crime (e.g. ramming at Europoort or as @El1teZombiezHD calls it "C-D") and then quickly types /disconnect, the administration will not be able to catch him anymore. You could argue one can press Alt+F4 but this takes a little bit longer because WoT has to synchronise.

In addition, if already driving at high speed with a car and then typing /reconnect you could very easily crash into someone. I know, currently it is the same problem with the queue but we do not need to create more problems than already existant.

That's all I have to say :)                                                                                                       

Kind regards ;)

^ @Anriandor What if the said disconnect ability had a 15-30 second timer attached? Once you type /disconnect, it will count down from 15-30 seconds and then disconnect you. So if you ram someone at EP, the victim has time to gather the /pinfo and such before he can disconnect.

For the suggestion itself, I would give it a +1. There are lots of time I need to head downstairs for 5-10 minutes to eat or something like that, and I hate getting disconnected and having to exit, restart, and reconnect. It's really a minor nuisance that only takes about 3 minutes but still can get annoying. It has come to the point where I will find some parking area, have my nose into a guardrail, and put a little weight on my accelerator key so it doesn't auto-disconnect me as I am spinning tires. (If this suggestion ends up getting rejected, this is a makeshift solution, I suppose.)

17 hours ago, Anriandor said:

Hello @jorgenpro,

the only little problem I see is, that you cannot actually use the chat while being disconnected from the server. But generally, this idea is worth mentioning but it could also quickly be abused.

Just imagine if someone commits a crime (e.g. ramming at Europoort or as @El1teZombiezHD calls it "C-D") and then quickly types /disconnect, the administration will not be able to catch him anymore. You could argue one can press Alt+F4 but this takes a little bit longer because WoT has to synchronise.

In addition, if already driving at high speed with a car and then typing /reconnect you could very easily crash into someone. I know, currently it is the same problem with the queue but we do not need to create more problems than already existant.

That's all I have to say :)                                                                                                       

Kind regards ;)

i know, that but if it gets like a 30 second timer so if i park at the side of the highway and types /disconect, it comes up with a time to disconect 30 seconds for example. then the admins have some time 

• 1 month later...
On 12.2.2017 at 9:32 PM, BLU // MUTLOB said:

^ @Anriandor What if the said disconnect ability had a 15-30 second timer attached? Once you type /disconnect, it will count down from 15-30 seconds and then disconnect you. So if you ram someone at EP, the victim has time to gather the /pinfo and such before he can disconnect.

For the suggestion itself, I would give it a +1. There are lots of time I need to head downstairs for 5-10 minutes to eat or something like that, and I hate getting disconnected and having to exit, restart, and reconnect. It's really a minor nuisance that only takes about 3 minutes but still can get annoying. It has come to the point where I will find some parking area, have my nose into a guardrail, and put a little weight on my accelerator key so it doesn't auto-disconnect me as I am spinning tires. (If this suggestion ends up getting rejected, this is a makeshift solution, I suppose.)

I agree with your post with the timeout by the disconect commant and reconnetct command :)

• 1 year later...

As I have already mentioned, people would abuse it to hide from the Game Moderation and then come back online when they are a few kilometres further ahead.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.