Suggestion Name: Trigger points at certain spots in game
Suggestion Description: Instead of having a re-log screen, how about trigger points for when you get logged out. This would mean you could go to a no collision zone (like your local dealership) and be able to sync back online within the game if you have not gotten banned or kicked... A trigger point to re-sync the connection and rejoin the online community.

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: To make it easier for everyone to log back in and to hopefully present another twist, idea or option to the re-logging scenario that has been suggested before..

• Upvote 3

Yeah, but who gets randomly logged out...

This suggest would only be of benefit to a small group of people and so probobly won't be added.

There isn't even a reconnect command in the chat at the moment and i don't think there will be one.

Restarting the game is much better, it doesn't take very long and you can spawn back in the exact same place.

2 hours ago, 3567- said:

Yeah, but who gets randomly logged out...

This suggest would only be of benefit to a small group of people and so probobly won't be added.

There isn't even a reconnect command in the chat at the moment and i don't think there will be one.

Restarting the game is much better, it doesn't take very long and you can spawn back in the exact same place.

Its not about getting randomly logged out, it is when you go afk and do get logged out,
For example, I have a phone call from my mum today, the call was long while the game logged me out, when i was able to join back in .. the idea came to me while at a big repair shop, some peeople have modded and know it as the volvo dealership instead...

When i came back, I though if that stop point, where you click on to change or fix your truck was also a sync point for the servers, it could contact the servers and re-log you back in, instead of restarting the game..

Its a positive thing, nothing negative about it... it was just an idea for dealership or petrol stations or even companies.. I find it a shame how everyone seems to just put everything down at first glance..

I say why restart the game when you can just link or go to a trigger point to sync and reconnect that way when you are already in the game...

Cheers...

• Like 1

Well, I must say that I like this idea. It has happened to me that I had to answer a phone call, or any other thing that took me long enough to be kicked for AFK. Restarting the game is not a big deal, and those other suggestions about a "Reconnect" button or chat command sound horrible to me, as they can be used to re-spawn anywhere.

This "NCZ trigger spots" idea, though, if it's possible to implement, would allow people to reconnect to the server without the risk of spawning in the middle of the road and even if there's another truck in the same place, it would be a non-collision area, so no problem. You have my +1.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, FernandoCR said:

Well, I must say that I like this idea. It has happened to me that I had to answer a phone call, or any other thing that took me long enough to be kicked for AFK. Restarting the game is not a big deal, and those other suggestions about a "Reconnect" button or chat command sound horrible to me, as they can be used to re-spawn anywhere.

This "NCZ trigger spots" idea, though, if it's possible to implement, would allow people to reconnect to the server without the risk of spawning in the middle of the road and even if there's another truck in the same place, it would be a non-collision area, so no problem. You have my +1.

Well that is another good point too, if you were kicked for whatever reason, you would have to drive to the nearest non-collision zone to relog onto the server, hence the player would not be able to cause problems in the same spot and if your banned, you wouldn't be able to re-log anyway..

That is taking into account that you are only disconnected from the server and not out of the actual game itself...

^^ In fact, what I was thinking is that all NCZ could be marked as the trigger-spots, so if the player is kicked for AFK, when hitting Reconnect, the vehicle would spawn in the nearest trigger-spot. The problem is that the only use I see for it is in those cases when you are already inside an NCZ. If you are in the middle of nowhere and have to go AFK for a phone call or whatever other reasons, you park your vehicle out of the road so you can log-in again without risk and in these cases, you don't want to be teleported to the nearest NCZ, it could be hundreds of Km back. But being an option, you can choose to Reconnect or you can choose to simply quit and restart the game. It doesn't hurt anyone and can be useful for people who take their time when modifying their trucks, or managing their companies from inside the home office, or simply decide to take a rest after delivering a cargo in the company grounds, etc.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

^^ In fact, what I was thinking is that all NCZ could be marked as the trigger-spots, so if the player is kicked for AFK, when hitting Reconnect, the vehicle would spawn in the nearest trigger-spot. The problem is that the only use I see for it is in those cases when you are already inside an NCZ. If you are in the middle of nowhere and have to go AFK for a phone call or whatever other reasons, you park your vehicle out of the road so you can log-in again without risk and in these cases, you don't want to be teleported to the nearest NCZ, it could be hundreds of Km back. But being an option, you can choose to Reconnect or you can choose to simply quit and restart the game. It doesn't hurt anyone and can be useful for people who take their time when modifying their trucks, or managing their companies from inside the home office, or simply decide to take a rest after delivering a cargo in the company grounds, etc.

I was thinking in a way of just driving over or clicking on the triggers like you do when you go to repair your truck and it would auto sync like it would with external contract, only with the online server instead...

Its all good, it is just an idea.. or variation of an idea.. :)

• 2 months later...

If i'm right in assuming the NCZ should all have a similar code. expect for different sizes and shapes. 
So... outside of a NCZ you get kicked lets say High Ping. > Easy to deal with Drive to nearest NCZ enter and you get reconnected to server.
Inside a NCZ you get kicked for AFK slighty harder...  Lets not have to go to a repair point etc.. lets have a button that in the TAB list  that  un-greys (becomes clickable) when not connected and INSIDE a NCZ. 
Outsite a NCZ or connected to a server that button is faded out. so you cant click it. 

twitter.pngyoutube.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if the coding by SCS would allow this. It sure is useful for stopping spawning into the middle of the road, especially on autosaves 

-1 seeing as there isn't many reasons for the use of this system unless you are kicked for high ping or have a connection error, it's a lot of work for no reason.

to those saying it would be useful when you're kicked for being afk, either because you e legit gone ask or because you're building a new truck, my answer is this, if you are called away from the game, then you should log out anyway which opens your position on the server to anyone else trying to join instead of you hogging a spot and not driving anywhere. As for building anew truck, that's what you can use singleplayer for, there's nothing stopping you logging out of mp, jumping into single player and building a new truck, you can then take how many hours you need to build a truck, then simply reconnect to the servers, simple.

If there were more cases of high ping kicks or mistaken ID kicks or server connection issues etc, then I would agree this would be semi useful, but as it stands, there's just not enough cases to warrant a whole coded system like this, I mean come on,how long does it take people to pick s truck, all the customisation and paint and get back on the Road? I know it doesn't take me more than 5-10 minutes max to pick a truck, a paint scheme, customise it and then get on the road..

• 2 months later...

Trigger points sound really good, lets say you get kicked in the middle of the highway for, whatever reason. You log back in and suddenly the guy who is immediatly behind you ***** his pants since you just appear and overreacts.

This could also potentially act as a buffer for when queue's are long and people could be occupied by finding a safe entrance back into the world.

Edited by DerAmpelmann
Censored profanity

cant have any signature cuz of mods with authority issues

• 1 month later...

This is very similar to other suggestions asking for the login feature to be accessible without closing the launcher and opening it again.

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

• 1 month later...

Hello,

In the latest update we received something similar to your suggestion called Ghost Mode.

Ghost Mode activates when you join the game. It makes your truck non-collision so you won't collide with others when you spawn on a road.

Because of this, your suggestion isn't really needed. However, since this is very similar to the current Ghost Mode, I will move it to Accepted/Done.

/Moved to Accepted/Done

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.