Maximum Speed for cars

DyZi0

On 12.2.2017 at 2:34 PM, DiZiO said:

I don't mean I don't like them but they are danger for many users at those speeds. Personally I think they adding small realism to game. But when they roll over because of trolls who been racing then I hate them

How is it different when you crash with a passenger car or with a truck?

Excessive speeds are dangerous, no matter what vehicle.

Instead of another restriction, we must make it easy to understand for all players that speed limits exist for a good reason - to ensure a safety in road traffic for all participants.

^^ Differences: The car can go 200+ Km/h, no trucks can reach that speed. Cars weight is 20 tons, more than double of any trucks' weight. So, yes, it's different. But setting speed limits to cars is absurd, why should cars be limited to say, 150 Km/h when some trucks can do 170 Km/h even with a heavy trailer? That would make sense in EU#1, but since cars are forbidden in that server, pointless again.

The only soultions: Play in EU#1 server to be free from cars, EU#4 to be free of collisions or use a no-damage mod/trainer to avoid any damages to your vehicle in any server.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

In a lot of threads this problem was a main subject and now I am glad that you opened an own thread. 

I think also if you set a speed limit for cars at 160km/h (little bit more that a pilot car can catch up a convoy fast)  it would avoid a lot of crashes due to the fact that after the 160km/h the stability of the cars is not more given, as Anriandor also mentioned, but you have to pay attention on the fact that this is a simulator and cars are faster then trucks  (the most cars) and they should have the opportunity to pass trucks without a problem. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Although this is a good idea, and would decrease the amount of upturned skoda's around a bend, it would mainly defeat the purpose of driving one in the first place at-least to me. The main reason I drive a skoda is to get from point A to B quicker than I can in a truck especially if I don't have a garage to quick-travel to.

--

Like many others have said, if you want to avoid accidents happening to you regarding skoda's, simply just change server or download a reliable recording software like Shadowplay (Nvidia) or ReLive (AMD) and report them on forums. Like I said, this is a good idea to decrease the number of accidents happening, but would indefinitely defeat the purpose of skoda's to me and many others. -1

Well, in my person the skoda car is not a problem, the problem is who drives it, the car is very useful when I make convoys or routes on the map, I agree with @Atra about the recording programs, it is true that many do not has a high performance PC. But for those who have a medium / high performance PC, make use of the recording for report.

Many people use the car properly, as many do not.

Also according to the comment of @Nataliia

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/11/2017 at 12:15 PM, DiZiO said:

140 KM/H is not slower than trucls but is going to decrease amount of cars that are laying upside down around the bend. If you drove skoda you will know what I mean by it because around 145KM/H there is no stability in cars

You must play with a keyboard or something. I drive the Skoda daily and it only starts to get really unstable around 120mph

I don't like this, -1.

Edited by Harpreet

• 1 month later...

I don't agree with a speed limiter set on the car. Fast or not fast, a car can be dangerous even when it isn't moving.

Setting a speed limit isn't exactly going to solve the problem of reckless drivers, and takes away the liberty offered in driving. Not a lot of people are going to be happy finding the car that is supposed to be fairly quick no longer able to go at a certain speed.

The larger problem is most likely education (as mentioned before). I don't think some of the drivers (especially reckless ones) on TruckersMP have no real-world driving experience and it's really easy to be fooled by how fast and unstable your vehicle is in ETS2 or ATS. The requirement of having a few hours in singleplayer before signing-on probably is one-way to fix this (and prevent spam registrations), but I believe it really does absolutely nothing to weed out poor drivers.

"There is no Ctrl+Z in life."

Twitch | YouTube | RoadKing VTCMe

• 4 weeks later...