Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Multiplayer Player Count?

DarkRider400

So I've recently reinstalled TruckersMP for ATS. I remember back a while ago when I used to play it, there'd be an average of 400-500 players on pretty much all the time, just on the US server too, about the same for Europe. But now, I've just logged on and checked, theres 167 on Europe 2 and 72 on USA. When did the player count tank so hard? Like, I'm checking Steam Charts right now and its about at peak players for the day at around 2700-2800, but there's barely any people on ATS MP. Did something change with the game that drew them all off of MP?

I think ATS hasn't been what many people expected. Not as much DLC content, and limited map space, plus less players have meant not many people have been online.

Plus, with this new chaos at Calais-Duisburg, everyone wants to see what its about, and join in on the traffic, meaning that they are playing ETS2 more than ATS.

I think its down to ETS2 being a popular game, cheaper meaning more people play it, and a busy server attracts many to ETS2 over ATS.

Nothing really has happened with TruckersMP to draw people off the game to my knowledge.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

In my opinion, I think ETS2 always had the larger popularity due to the time it had been around for (much earlier than ATS). People saw ETS2 as their "home game" if you would call it. Because of this most tried ATS, some may have not felt the large difference in terms of the simulation aspect and therefore ended up going back to ETS2 due to the large number of players already on the servers. This is one possible explanation to why ATS dropped in numbers. I certainly doubt it will "die", however it will not be as popular as ETS2 as of this moment of time.

But who knows what will happen in the future... :) 

The issue with ATS is that it just looks like ETS 2 with a new map and different cars / trucks / trailers ETC.

Just look at the SAT NAV in game for heavens sake, :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived